hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Shocking/enough is enough/a new season of hope/what is wrong with hibs ?

Actually embarrasing as of how bad we have got. Ridiculous. 3 CMs done f all. Invest NOW.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Looking forward to hearing the happy clappers defend that. Hard to believe but that was worse than last season

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Had some hope that Fenlon may be able to sort us however gradually, but today's team selection and performance fills me with dread, and any belief I had is almost gone.

The only good thing about the back four last season was the Hanlon McPake partnership and he broke that up. Stephens is a bomb scare and Sproule and Wotherspoon should be nowhere near our starting 11.

Most worrying of all though, is the fact that the players looked as though they couldn't care less. We look like we will score even less and concede even more goals than we did last year - if that happens to be true, it can only mean one thing.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by scuttle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looking forward to hearing the happy clappers defend that. Hard to believe but that was worse than last season
    I'm a positive person but I have nothing positive to say about that performance.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    One positive i took from the game was with a wee bit of tinkering, they would be one of the challengers for promotion next season.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Cairney was the only one that showed a glimpse of heart and determination. The rest were rotten. Clancy isnt a right back, Mcpake sold the jerseys at least three times and Griffiths was ineffective. Relegation battle beckons.

what is wrong with hibs

No leadership
    No talent
    The whole club needs revamped the club is on a huge downward spiral.
    Hibs scouting system is shocking
    What do the players do at training

Enough is Enough.

Right guys, not going to lie, that for me proves that Petrie has failed as has Fenlon. Hibs came into this new season on the back of the worst result in the clubs history. We as fans always look to see the positive things that may come out of such results. Any chairman or manager would bend over back wards to make sure the fans never suffer like that day back in may. Instead we had a chairman who comes out and tells us WE have to buy season tickets or suffer the same dross. I'm sorry blackmailing the fans is nothing short of criminal. The media other fans and pretty much everyone in football knows this, yet there are some Hibs fans and a few on here who still actually back him.. I ask you one question. WHY?

Serious question.. He is killing our club. We have no scouting network our manager seems so far out his depth it's like watching the tactics of an amateur. How Stephens wasn't hooked is beyond me. We are now worse off than we were end of last season. I've even read folk saying "new season it will be better" why do you think this? the problems last year haven't just disappeared because we have had a few weeks off.

You voice a genuine concern on here and you are told you're a doom and gloomer. What the hell is going on? Fans are so fed up of this we want and deserve better. So don't be coming back with poor statements like "knee jerk" because guys believe me the majority of Hibs fans know where is a real problem with the board.

They must go along, a massive clear out is in order from the top. Hibs need fresh faces on all levels. There is supporting Hibs and there is clear blind faith and it's about time the board really found out how low they have brought us. Fenlon i do feel sorry for but come on, his record is rotten too.

Derby next week and i'll bet we don't have anywhere near what we could have if Hibs did make those changes that were badly needed. I'm sorry but that for me has done it. Season ticket bought but i'll not be there. Sick to death of this year after year. I really hope the fans get together and start putting serious pressure on the board.

Oh and one last thing. When the happy clappers were telling us all to stop panicking about signings, just because we are leaving it till last min, which just about everyone said Hibs would. How do you feel about things now? Still happy to sit and say still plenty time etc.. Because Hibs should have brought in players soon as that final was over. Instead we will see what's left as usual and will suffer for it.
    Last edited by Thecat23; 05-08-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Rod petrie is what is wrong with hibs and until us fans accept that and force him out nothing will ever change!! Am actually raging ive bought a season ticket now.

@hibs.net private member

''Hibernian with bottle''

....Really?

What I saw was exactly what we all expected to see. A team worse than last year purely because we have brought in next to no-one and have lost so many players. We havent replaced Garry O'Connor who scored most of our goals last year?

Hibernian with bottle? Hibernian with no pace, no direction, no cutting edge, no prescence up top or at the back it would seem, with David Stephens, With David Wotherspoon, with no creativity, no leadership by the looks of things, no tactical know-how, no determination...

The list goes on.

You have failed to pull the wool over our eyes PF & RP. Sort it out.

An utterly gutless humiliating performance. Lets all laugh at hibs brigade willl be on fire tonight. I have rarely been this raging after a defeat, even last season

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    Was really hoping Fenlon was the man and prepared to forgive last season over what he inherited , however as far as I can see we have no consistent pattern of play . Fenlon is not the man for this job and his policy of going with players he knows , namely League of Ireland, has been a disaster . He is not up to the task . This looks like setting us back another 18 months to two years .

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbur123ukgb View Post
    No leadership
    No talent
    We sold our talent, built a training centre and a new stand but neglected the team. This is where we are and will be swilling around in this pish until we can find another crop of decent youngsters.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbur123ukgb View Post
    No leadership
    No talent
    It will cost a fortune to sort Hibs out, but hey, we raked in millions a few years ago and spent a fortune on infrastructure so all is well.

Farmer may be successful in certain businesses, he sure as hell isn't in this one.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Had to laugh at the thread title - least shocking result ever IMO.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Totally agree, cant believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket!! We slag the yams for rolling over to mad vlad, we are no better. Farmer may have saved us but him and petrie are slowly killing our club!!
    Last edited by Borderhibbie76; 05-08-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Depressing :-(

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    What is fenlon's win ratio compared to CC?

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone View Post
    Was really hoping Fenlon was the man and prepared to forgive last season over what he inherited , however as far as I can see we have no consistent pattern of play . Fenlon is not the man for this job and his policy of going with players he knows , namely League of Ireland, has been a disaster . He is not up to the task . This looks like setting us back another 18 months to two years .
    Got to agree with you there treadstone, serious reservations about Fenlon looking to be up to the job...these loi players won't get hibs out the mire
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    I dont think I even want to know...

First Team Breakthrough
    There is a lack of tactics if one plan isn't going right PF doesn't change anything he hopes it will eventually work and by then we are normally out of the game

It's our fault for not buying enough season tickets, don't you know?

A new season of hope.........

I sat in my mates house to watch the match today, and my mate Billy said Gary, we surely cant be as bad as last season?

Well i never answered him, i shrugged my shoulders. I think the next 90 minutes gave us the answer?

Left by mutual consent!
    Shocking is putting it mildly.. David Stephens and Ivan Sproule can sit next to me next week for all the good they done..

Fenlon broke up the Hanlon/McPake partnership which is madness..

Not convinced and Clancy at RB either to be honest..

Doyle at LM is baffling to say the least as well.. Totally ineffective..

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I sat in my mates house to watch the match today, and my mate Billy said Gary, we surely cant be as bad as last season?

Well i never answered him, i shrugged my shoulders. I think the next 90 minutes gave us the answer?
    I wish you hadn't hounded out Calderwood!

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post

CC Won 26.53%
    PF Won 32.14%

Jim Duffy Won 20.83%

See http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/manager_list.php for full stats

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    I wish you hadn't hounded out Calderwood!
    I wish we still had Hughes.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh View Post
    It's our fault for not buying enough season tickets, don't you know?
    Brilliant, because that's what people have been saying right enough.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    We sold our talent, built a training centre and a new stand but neglected the team. This is where we are and will be swilling around in this pish until we can find another crop of decent youngsters.
    This.

All along I backed the club in spending the way they did but I also said that when those things were taken care of the Club had to invest in the team. They've failed to do that. If I had known that Hibs would spend on the infrastructure and then neglect the team then I would not have have felt the same was as I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Totally agree, cant believe I was stupid enough to buy a season ticket!! We slag the yams for rolling over to mad vlad, we are no better. Farmer may have saved us but him and petrie are slowly killing our club!!
    It's true, our chairman is killing Hibs. I know plenty of folk involved in football and all say the same thing.

I'll tell you a story about Petire. Hibs wanted to sign a player beginning of last season and asked this player and his wife over for talks. When they accepted Petrie said great, Make you're own way over and you will need to put them up in a hotel to the agent. Every SPL club who asks players over seas or down south for talks pays for the travel and stay. Not Petrie. I'm good mates with the agent and most of his dealings are EPL but he said he would never refer another player again to Hibs for the way he treated his client.

But yet Mr Petrie can't do no wrong with a section of Hibs netters. Maybe one day they will come round but i'm not holding my breath mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Right guys, not going to lie, that for me proves that Petrie has failed as has Fenlon. Hibs came into this new season on the back of the worst result in the clubs history. We as fans always look to see the positive things that may come out of such results. Any chairman or manager would bend over back wards to make sure the fans never suffer like that day back in may. Instead we had a chairman who comes out and tells us WE have to buy season tickets or suffer the same dross. I'm sorry blackmailing the fans is nothing short of criminal. The media other fans and pretty much everyone in football knows this, yet there are some Hibs fans and a few on here who still actually back him.. I ask you one question. WHY?

Serious question.. He is killing our club. We have no scouting network our manager seems so far out his depth it's like watching the tactics of an amateur. How Stephens wasn't hooked is beyond me. We are now worse off than we were end of last season. I've even read folk saying "new season it will be better" why do you think this? the problems last year haven't just disappeared because we have had a few weeks off.

You voice a genuine concern on here and you are told you're a doom and gloomer. What the hell is going on? Fans are so fed up of this we want and deserve better. So don't be coming back with poor statements like "knee jerk" because guys believe me the majority of Hibs fans know where is a real problem with the board.

They must go along, a massive clear out is in order from the top. Hibs need fresh faces on all levels. There is supporting Hibs and there is clear blind faith and it's about time the board really found out how low they have brought us. Fenlon i do feel sorry for but come on, his record is rotten too.

Derby next week and i'll bet we don't have anywhere near what we could have if Hibs did make those changes that were badly needed. I'm sorry but that for me has done it. Season ticket bought but i'll not be there. Sick to death of this year after year. I really hope the fans get together and start putting serious pressure on the board.

Oh and one last thing. When the happy clappers were telling us all to stop panicking about signings, just because we are leaving it till last min, which just about everyone said Hibs would. How do you feel about things now? Still happy to sit and say still plenty time etc.. Because Hibs should have brought in players soon as that final was over. Instead we will see what's left as usual and will suffer for it.
    What he said