hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jorge Claros

Jorge Claros

Just want to know what people think of Jorge Claros on here. I got the idea to put up this thread when me and my dad were arguing about him earlier.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Has it all to prove. Needs to at least look interested, unlike most of last season, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has it all to prove. Needs to at least look interested, unlike most of last season, IMO.
    I agree. I have a lot of confidence that he'll do well for us. Just a feeling I have.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm not a fan, he needs to do better this season in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Got a feeling he will struggle again, hope I'm wrong.

@hibs.net private member
    Too slow for the hectic SPL. No doubt he can play but not in the kick and rush league we have in Scotland

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeefan95 View Post
    Just want to know what people think of Jorge Claros on here. I got the idea to put up this thread when me and my dad were arguing about him earlier.
    I'd prefer to have Kevin McBride back in that midfield! I would send him back to montegua or whatever there called. Waste of a few grand a week!

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    I like him but am well aware I'm in a minority he's good on the ball and reads the game well IMO different player in a better midfield than we had last year

There is ability there but I question his attitude, not sure he ever gives 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    I'd prefer to have Kevin McBride back in that midfield! I would send him back to montegua or whatever there called. Waste of a few grand a week!
    Are you sure? In all seriousness though, I don't think we should send him back to his parent club yet. I personally think we should give him a chance to prove to Hibs fans that he's capable. I think he will come good, I might be wrong fair enough, but he does put in a really good challenge sometimes.

@hibs.net private member
    He showed glimpses of real quality with some astute passes last season but all too occasionally. Needs to really dig in and impress himself on games - if he can get up to pace physically with the scottish game then he could be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibby View Post
    There is ability there but I question his attitude, not sure he ever gives 100%.
    I hope Pat Fenlon will give him a gentle kick up the a*se, telling him to put in 100% in each game. The kind of players he likes are ones who show desire. Pat will probably tell him to start putting in the required effort week in week out, then hopefully we'll see a change in him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeefan95 View Post
    Are you sure? In all seriousness though, I don't think we should send him back to his parent club yet. I personally think we should give him a chance to prove to Hibs fans that he's capable. I think he will come good, I might be wrong fair enough, but he does put in a really good challenge sometimes.
    McBride had more decent performances than Claros. I would prefer we got someone in that we can build a team round he will be off back home in January leaving us yet again to built a midfield around a new arrival. imo Kerr is a bad option as well we should be looking around for better, we need a leader in the middle of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    McBride had more decent performances than Claros. I would prefer we got someone in that we can build a team round he will be off back home in January leaving us yet again to built a midfield around a new arrival. imo Kerr is a bad option as well we should be looking around for better, we need a leader in the middle of the park.
    Actually, you're right. McBride did have more decent performances than Claros, although IMO Claros is the better tackler. I would hope that if he done well for us this season, then Pat would re-sign him in January, either on loan again or permanently. I haven't made my mind up yet about Kerr. The only time I've seen him play was the Huddersfield game.

I blame Rangers for him being so poor. They claimed he was good enough for them. Has a lot of proving to do.

Surprisingly, he can't prove us wrong cause we have seen how bad he can be already.

I haven't been convinced so far. I wasn't one of those people who got over-hyped by him before he came as, let's face it, we've seen players like him come and go before without making much of an impact.

I only hope (and I'm glad he does now) having his family coming over can inject a certain "Je ne sais quoi" ?

Without sounding like a drama queen I'm still disgusted by his performance in the final. Defined the attitude we've had in derbies over the years, looked like a scared lassie and really shouldn't have bothered to turn up.

I wouldn't have minded one bit if his loan deal had been cancelled, I hope he improves this year.

First Team Breakthrough H1B33 1875's Avatar
    Not a fan of Claros. I dont think we can really afford to give him time this season, we need a solid midfielder to slot in there, someone who gives 100%. Not convinced Claros does.

Left by mutual consent!
    He is a signing you bring in when doing well , bad time to sign him and offered IMO next to nothing. On that basis along with a few more I am far more worried about Fenlon and the poor squad we have than on 1 player.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 31-07-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    I think Claros is a decent player, but I dont think we will ever see the best of him given the state of our midfield.

From what I saw last season, I get the impression he likes to pick up the ball and spray it about from deeper positions. That could work if we had a better midfield (and most likely it would have to be a midfield 3), but Stevenson doesnt have the pace or the strength to cover the rest of the midfield on his own. The two of them alone just doesnt look like a midfield pair that are going to dominate many games in the SPL, and there in lies the problem...

Coaching Staff
    I like him, and I think he does try, and care, but he's played all his life in a totally different sport basically and playing in the SPL may never be something he can adjust to.

Seriously suffers from his nickname of 'Pitbull'. I'm not sure what that signifies to a Spanish speaker but it clearly isn't the same as it is in the UK.

Maybe chihuahua is a beter translation

I really thought we were getting a player that would maul Ian Black, not sit in Paris Hilton's handbag.

Left by mutual consent!
    He's our best midfielder by far...

That's a worry

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    He's our best midfielder by far...

That's a worry
    I do not agree, I do agree with the worry part though as frankly most of the players are worry, new guys though deserve chance.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    Seriously suffers from his nickname of 'Pitbull'. I'm not sure what that signifies to a Spanish speaker but it clearly isn't the same as it is in the UK.

Maybe chihuahua is a beter translation

I really thought we were getting a player that would maul Ian Black, not sit in Paris Hilton's handbag.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    I do not agree, I do agree with the worry part though as frankly most of the players are worry, new guys though deserve chance.
    Who would you say is a better midfielder?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Who would you say is a better midfielder?
    Over the piece Lewis not saying he is any great shake but I think he is better.

Quote Originally Posted by EdinMike View Post
    I haven't been convinced so far. I wasn't one of those people who got over-hyped by him before he came as, let's face it, we've seen players like him come and go before without making much of an impact.

I only hope (and I'm glad he does now) having his family coming over can inject a certain "Je ne sais quoi" ?
    I have to admit, I did get over-hyped by the prospect of having a guy who was known as 'pitbull', and was wanted by Rangers in our midfield. Really didn't turn out the way I'd hoped, obviously. I hope he does settle down, now that his family has moved over.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    Without sounding like a drama queen I'm still disgusted by his performance in the final. Defined the attitude we've had in derbies over the years, looked like a scared lassie and really shouldn't have bothered to turn up.

I wouldn't have minded one bit if his loan deal had been cancelled, I hope he improves this year.
    I agree his performance was disgusting, but Osbourne was just as bad if not worse in the CF IMO.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlsberg View Post
    Over the piece Lewis not saying he is any great shake but I think he is better.
    If we go into next season with Claros and Stevenson as our first choice midfield pair, I would worry. I think both have merit, but won't work together.