hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still planning to buy a season ticket?

Is there anyone who has not yet done so, still planning to buy a season ticket? It would be nice to know that we have a load more still to come but I fear that will not be the case.

Or if you are still undecided what would tempt you?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I still dunno what im doing this year, i really cant get motivated to watch spl football this year, l much preferred away games last season so not sure

Maybury & Kerr certainly won't tempt me. Whereas the prospect of Stanton, Handling, Caldwell & Smith in the first team might.

@hibs.net private member ...WentToMowAnSPL's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: satvis1
    I'd like to but being in Aberdeen - won't get the value so I'm not sure ..... I wish there was a scheme where the Hibbie Dispora could buy season tickets for their use... but when we can't get to edinburgh they would be re-used for other hibbies maybe from charities or schools to get bums on seats .... this could help ? I did email the club with a suggestion about this..

We had people coming all over the world from Australia etc for the cup final - could we not get some kind of scheme where our remote fans could buy into a season ticket .. and we get reuse for local edinburgh people if needed .. Whether there is a rebate to the season ticket holder or points on re-use not sure ..

I could buy one, but would like to be able to ensure that it is used if I can't get down to Edinburgh .. I'll leave it for others to think if there is any merit in this kind of thing ?????

GGTTH :pfgwa
    "At the end of the day, we all aspire to bigger things in our lives but one thing I can truly say from my heart is if I never kick a ball for one of these bigger clubs I would be delighted to stay with Hibs for the rest of my career. That's how highly I regard this club." Ivan Sproule

Testimonial Due
    Im not renewing. Too many years of absolute drivel. Nothing pre season to inspire me either. Neither kerr or maybury are the answer.

Hibs need to be the ones spending to entice us and not asking us to spend first.

Just my opinion.

Reversed my set in stone decision not to renew and we renewed on Friday (2 x adults). Nobody on the queue and got my seats when I thought they may have gone. Rollercoaster to come but club needs us big time.

What's the difference between a club finishing in the top half of the table and enjoying it's greatest ever win against it's biggest rivals, winning the Cup in the progress....

and

.....a team just avoiding relegation and suffering it's worst ever defeat, in a Cup Final, against it's greatest rivals?

Apparently, it's 1,200 Season Tickets.

Latest figures for STs

Hearts 8,300
    Hibs 7,100

I thought, considering the circumstances above and them being the Big Team, the difference would have been a lot more?

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reversed my set in stone decision not to renew and we renewed on Friday (2 x adults). Nobody on the queue and got my seats when I thought they may have gone. Rollercoaster to come but club needs us big time.
    We renewed last weekend once it was confirmed that sevco were in D3. Our seat from last season were gone and looking at what was available (East centre) there were not that many seats left so looked like a decent take-up. We're still fairly central, and a little closer to the pitch - looking forward to a hun-free season now.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Coaching Staff
    I see Kerr and Maybury have become the latest excuse then!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauzee 4 View Post
    Im not renewing. Too many years of absolute drivel. Nothing pre season to inspire me either. Neither kerr or maybury are the answer.

Hibs need to be the ones spending to entice us and not asking us to spend first.

Just my opinion.
    Spot on.

@hibs.net private member
    Can't renew even with the pay half now and pay half later i cannot afford to this season will be at as many games as i can though

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I see Kerr and Maybury have become the latest excuse then!
    It is ridiculous that people are looking for any excuse to say no to buying a season ticket. Maybury is a solid versatile defender with experience, although I'm not sold on Kerr he could be a good squad player and also has bags of SPL experience. The team won't get better overnight and needs fans to buy season tickets to see the improvements made, making up excuses for not buying a season ticket does nothing to help our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    It is ridiculous that people are looking for any excuse to say no to buying a season ticket. Maybury is a solid versatile defender with experience, although I'm not sold on Kerr he could be a good squad player and also has bags of SPL experience. The team won't get better overnight and needs fans to buy season tickets to see the improvements made, making up excuses for not buying a season ticket does nothing to help our team.
    It's not about excuses. And Hibernian supporters not renewing certainly don't need any

Me +2, sorting funds this week.

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli_619 View Post
    Me +2, sorting funds this week.
    Fantastic, now only another 2,897 to go. Anyone else?

First Team Breakthrough Nevi1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spanish Rab
    Me + 2 on tuesday

GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    If only everybody could get they 170 quid tickets

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    If only everybody could get they 170 quid tickets
    Mine was £95

To be fair there are more reasons to vote with your feet and not back the team by buying a season ticket, I've just seen people shift the goalposts on here regarding buying season tickets and it has kind of miffed me off. The ST should be cheaper than £405 anyway then we might be selling more.

Blog Entries
    Remember Friday is the deadline for the 50/50 renewal deal....

Testimonial Due
    I was going to buy one once Rangers were in Div 3, but ultimately £405 is far, far too expensive for SPL football, over £20 a game, if you make every game, which I wouldn't (no real interest in going to lunchtime kickoffs).

I'd never really looked into the pricing until the Rangers situation was resolved so it was a bit of a shock to discover how expensive it is!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    I was going to buy one once Rangers were in Div 3, but ultimately £405 is far, far too expensive for SPL football, over £20 a game, if you make every game, which I wouldn't (no real interest in going to lunchtime kickoffs).

I'd never really looked into the pricing until the Rangers situation was resolved so it was a bit of a shock to discover how expensive it is!
    There were plenty promising to buy season tickets if "sporting integrity " was upheld. I wonder how many of those shouting the loudest actually did.
    ( This is in no way a dig at yourself, we all have our own financial priorities. Fitba will rarely be at the top.)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's looking increasingly like Hibs might have made a big error in listening to the 'wishes' of supporters.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Is the east stand not £380?
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

First Team Breakthrough Postman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    Maybury & Kerr certainly won't tempt me. Whereas the prospect of Stanton, Handling, Caldwell & Smith in the first team might.
    Just answer no then as using two potential signings as a reason not to is quite simply ridiculous! The youngsters may well feature plenty this year so how exactly could this tempt you? PF need to sit down with you before the first game and outline which games he will use them in??

Adult season tickets start at £355 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Is the east stand not £380?
    With a family ticket it is

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    It's looking increasingly like Hibs might have made a big error in listening to the 'wishes' of supporters.
    It certainly makes it a lot less likely that "fan power" will stop any reconstruction that will propel Sevco up the leagues next summer.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Sorry, that's laughable. Being fed up with watching utter pish and seeing journeymen on trial who are no better than what we already have is a very valid reason, not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    There's every chance you'll get both

That enough to change your mind?
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    I hope not. There is no point in fans patting themselves on the back and celebrating the triumph of fan power if they don't make good on their promises to support a post Huns SPL financially. If we don't then Traynor and cos jibes about keyboard protestors will be proved correct.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.