Williams
    Clancy-------McPake------Stephens-----Hanlon

Claros (kerr if signed) Stevenson

Sproule-----------Wotherspoon------------Cairney

Griffiths

Subs: Antell, Stanton, Caldwell, Handling, Maybury, Claros, Kujabi

...And we'll get pumped 3-0

I think we'll have new faces.

I'm thinking we won't sign anyone til after 31 July eg the new financial year; and the income/profit on Ozzy will go into the old year. We will have poor trading results and any new signings - eg new cost - will be deferred.

If these new faces are just Kerr and Maybury then I think we'll lose. We need more upfront and the midfield. I hear StJ's three trialist - including CF (Roland Vine, ex QPR) and LM (Ryan Donaldson, ex NUFC) were excellent. Why we are not looking at similar is beyond me .. Maybe we are but you'd hope they get a game as a trialist yesterday.

A sideways passing CM, and a FB wouldn't be my priorities - and I hope their not PF's in the next 7 days!

Hopefully the Arabs have heavy legs and a few injuries after their game v Dinamo Moscow on Thursday night.
    Last edited by IWasThere2016; 29-07-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we'll have new faces.

I'm thinking we won't sign anyone til after 31 July eg the new financial year; and the income/profit on Ozzy will go into the old year. We will have poor trading results and any new signings - eg new cost - will be deferred.

If these new faces are just Kerr and Maybury then I think we'll lose. We need more upfront and the midfield. I hear StJ's three trialist - including CF (Roland Vine, ex QPR) and LM (Ryan Donaldson, ex NUFC) were excellent. Why we are not looking at similar is beyond me .. Maybe we are but you'd hope they get a game as a trialist yesterday.

A sideways passing CM, and a FB wouldn't be my priorities - and I hope their not PF's in the next 7 days!

Hopefully the Arabs have heavy legs and a few injuries after their game v Dinamo Moscow on Thursday night.
    Rowan Vine ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rowan_Vine

Yesterdays team with Cairney for Claros & Maybury for Stephens

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    ------------------------------------Williams---------------------------------------

--------------Clancy----------------Mcpake----------Hanlon--------------------

--Sproule----------------------------------------------------------Kugabi/Booth-------

-----------------Claros---------Kerr/new s--------------Stevenson--------------------

---------------------------------------------Cairney-------------------------------

-------------------------------Griffiths---------------------------------------------

ggtth

Brave new world

Williams
    Clancy McPake Stephens Smith
    Stanton Cairney Claros Kujabi
    Griffiths Caldwell

Selecting teams and formations is a bit of fun for budding fantasy managers but there is not going to be any great departure from the XI that started yesterday.
    That was four centre-halves across the back, two water-carriers, three guys deemed not good enough for last season's appalling midfield and a guy who can't head the ball as a lone striker.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Maybury and partnered Clancy with McPake.
    I reckon Hanlon should be central instead with Booth in the team but that aint going to happen any time soon...

My two cents worth- Juve-style back three could work a treat, not sure Sproule is wing-back material though and centre mid is pretty powder puff...

Williams
    Clancy McPake Hanlon
    Sproule Cairney Claros Wotherspoon Booth
    Griffiths Caldwell
    Last edited by number9dream; 29-07-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: forgot to add my two cents...

I'd like to see Cairney start too as he looks like he could be our main creative player even at this early stage. However, if he does, I don't think it will be at the expense of one of our holding players. More likely to be for Wotherspoon or Doyle IMO.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Fenlon said there is only one or two positions hes unsure of for the game so id guess it'll be the same apart from Cairney in for Doyle and if signed Kerr/Maybury into their respective positions.

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    Who would you play next week?

Who I would go for:

Williams

Clancy
    Mcpake
    Hanlon
    Booth

Cairney
    Stevenson

Sproule
    Wotherspoon
    Doyle

Griffiths

Subs:
    Antell
    O' hanlon
    Kujabi
    Claros
    Stanton
    Handling
    Caldwell
    Cairney and Stevenson in holding midfield!!!!!

I'd go for:

Williams

Clancy
    Mcpake
    Stephens
    Hanlon

Claros
    Stevenson/Kerr

Sproule
    Wotherspoon
    Cairney

Griffiths

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably be

Clancy Mcpake Hanlon Maybury

.........Stevenson Claros

Sproule......Cairney......Doyle/Wspoon

...............Griffiths

With yesterday being our last competitive match before the season I would imagine it won't be too dissimilar. Cairney for doyle and that would be it. Don't understand when people that recon booth in and hanlon in the middle. Only way I see hanlon back in their if mayburry comes in at lb.

Also am no keen on this 1 up front crap, go a solid 442 with doyle or caldwell with griff, sproule claros, stevenson and carney across the middle and same back 4 from yest.

That's until we bring in some better players.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Probably be

...............Griffiths
    Are we allowed to play anyman save

ggtth

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    So very worried about next Sunday.

By the looks of pre-season Paddy really likes Lewis in the middle. This really worries me as I don't know what he is going to give the team. Lewis and Claros will score no goals all year, and will be lucky if they have assists either. They will get destroyed by most/all midfields this year.

How Paddy has failed to see our staggering lack of width is also a problem, it was obvious when he arrived and was painful at hampden. Still not addressed.

We don't have any real attacking options like 'get the ball wide then put crosses in' or 'allow our big striker to hold it allowing midfield to get up'.

I am desperate for Fenlon to succeed. But how can these things not be looked at?? I don't understand.

I know exactly what is going to happen, Mackay Stevens, Flood and Russell will terrorise us out wide and big Daly will hold the ball up excellently allowing Rankin and Ryan to look like Xavi and Iniesta, and the new Polish keeper will never be tested.

This is as positive as I can be.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Williams

Maybury
    McPake
    Clancy
    Hanlon

Sproule
    Kerr
    Stanton
    Cairney

Caldwell
    Griffiths

Subs:
    Antell
    O'Hanlon
    Claros
    Stevenson
    Handling
    Doyle
    Wotherspoon
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Williams
    Clancy McPake Stephens Hanlon
    Stevenson Kerr
    Sproule W'spoon Cairney
    Griffiths

Subs: Antell, Maybury, Booth, Claros, Stanton, Doyle, Caldwell

Hate this 2 holding midfielders carry on, too negative for me.

Williams

Maybury Clancy McPake Hanlon

Claros

Sproule Kerr Cairney Kujabi/Booth

Griffiths

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slenj.=] View Post
    Probably be

...............Griffiths
    If he have Maybury then.

If not, I'd like to see Booth back in there(but I can't see it happening).
    Mon the Hibs.

This thread is making me feel very sad. The lack of quality in every area is depressing. This is the worst squad I can remember. Worse than last years and that was the poorest since 1998!
    The board need to act fast a nd get a couple of decent signings in now. I fear we are in for another long hard season.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by number9dream View Post
    Selecting teams and formations is a bit of fun for budding fantasy managers but there is not going to be any great departure from the XI that started yesterday.
    That was four centre-halves across the back, two water-carriers, three guys deemed not good enough for last season's appalling midfield and a guy who can't head the ball as a lone striker.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we signed Maybury and partnered Clancy with McPake.
    I reckon Hanlon should be central instead with Booth at LB but that aint going to happen any time soon...
    Exactly, weve played more or less the entire pre-season with a 4231 formation to get the players used to it, and we arent going to change it against one of the best teams in the league.

If Maybury and Kerr sign they may well come into the team, but otherwise I think it will be the same team that started against Huddersfield.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SKIPSTER07
    I honestly think if Stephens is seen as a starter then we are well and truly donald ducked.

----------------------------williams-------------------------------------

clancy------------mcpake---------hanlon--------maybury

-----spoony----------claros---cairney---stanton-----------

--------------------doyle-------griffiths----------------

subs: stevenson,caldwell,kujabi,booth,ohanlon

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Hibee View Post

By the looks of pre-season Paddy really likes Lewis in the middle. This really worries me as I don't know what he is going to give the team. Lewis and Claros will score no goals all year, and will be lucky if they have assists either. They will get destroyed by most/all midfields this year.

How Paddy has failed to see our staggering lack of width is also a problem, it was obvious when he arrived and was painful at hampden. Still not addressed.

We don't have any real attacking options like 'get the ball wide then put crosses in' or 'allow our big striker to hold it allowing midfield to get up'.

I am desperate for Fenlon to succeed. But how can these things not be looked at?? I don't understand.

I know exactly what is going to happen, Mackay Stevens, Flood and Russell will terrorise us out wide and big Daly will hold the ball up excellently allowing Rankin and Ryan to look like Xavi and Iniesta, and the new Polish keeper will never be tested.

I tend to think that PF has addressed our main issue from the last two seasons, a total lack of responsibility and leadership. Our new goalie doesn't shut up and takes responsibility, McPake, Clancy and if we get him Maybury will take charge at the back and ensure we aren't going to give away weak goals and also help youngsters like Stephens, Hanlon etc. when they need support.

Cairney looks as if he can take a man on, and Kerr if we get him is also vocal and brings SPL experience.

Truth be told in terms of technical ability, there wasn't a massive deal of difference on 19th May. The reason we got thumped was every single Hearts player took responsibility and they had leaders in the team who would not accept mistakes or poor performance and wouldn't back down. 100% guaranteed that if one of their players had got grief from one of their fans they wouldn't have replied "To be honest I couldn't give a ****".

This coming season is about rebuilding a foundation.

Don't go there please!!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: yekim evol
    -------------------Williams

Clancy-------McPake------Stephens-----Hanlon

------------Cairney-------Stevenson

Griffiths-----------Wotherspoon------------Sproule

------------------Caldwell

FT 2-1 hibs

@hibs.net private member NorthNorfolkHFC's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: walton83
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I tend to think that PF has addressed our main issue from the last two seasons, a total lack of responsibility and leadership. Our new goalie doesn't shut up and takes responsibility, McPake, Clancy and if we get him Maybury will take charge at the back and ensure we aren't going to give away weak goals and also help youngsters like Stephens, Hanlon etc. when they need support.

Cairney looks as if he can take a man on, and Kerr if we get him is also vocal and brings SPL experience.

Truth be told in terms of technical ability, there wasn't a massive deal of difference on 19th May. The reason we got thumped was every single Hearts player took responsibility and they had leaders in the team who would not accept mistakes or poor performance and wouldn't back down. 100% guaranteed that if one of their players had got grief from one of their fans they wouldn't have replied "To be honest I couldn't give a ****".

This coming season is about rebuilding a foundation.
    I suppose that was partly the reason.

From watching it, I thought the main reason was our strikers/midfielders couldn't hold the ball up and retain it, we had no width which Hearts exploited with aplomb. Both these things, Hearts had in abundance. Both those things we still have not looked at.
    I agree, we have addressed leadership (hopefully) and have now rid ourselves of any poor attitudes.

I suppose that was partly the reason.

From watching it, I thought the main reason was our strikers/midfielders couldn't hold the ball up and retain it, we had no width which Hearts exploited with aplomb. Both these things, Hearts had in abundance. Both those things we still have not looked at.
    I agree, we have addressed leadership (hopefully) and have now rid ourselves of any poor attitudes.
    I think that the way we have played and our formation will help with retention, having three advanced midfielders and a couple of holding midfielders behind will give us enough options to pass the ball around the opposition half.

We do need another leader like Kerr and probably one other in the midfield for this to be effective though.

I don't think we'll be as bad as others fear on here, but we'll be lucky to beat Dundee United.

That looks so accurate its depressing. I hope you are wrong.

Williams

Clancy
    McPake
    Hanlon
    Maybury

Claros
    Stevenson
    Cairney
    Sproule
    Wotherspoon

Griffiths

Subs ... Caldwell, Stephens, Stanton, Kijabi, Booth

FT .... 3 - 0

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    ------------------------------------Williams---------------------------------------

--------------Clancy----------------Mcpake----------Hanlon--------------------

--Sproule----------------------------------------------------------Kugabi/Booth-------

-----------------Claros---------Kerr/new s--------------Stevenson--------------------

---------------------------------------------Cairney-------------------------------

-------------------------------Griffiths---------------------------------------------

ggtth
    Very good shout.