hibs.net Messageboard

Hibs Under 20s vs East Fife Youths

Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition was a bit average.

Hat trick for Alex Harris (No 10) and two for Jay Doyle (No 9). Harris took his goals really well and certainly has an eye for goal. A bit lightweight still and obviously has some growing to do - but good prospect.

The two lads that really caught my eye were:

- Euan Smith (No 7) playing attacking mid. Skill, pace and presence (i.e. not a midfield midget!);

- Ryan Baptie (No 3) playing left back. Man of the match for me - excelled going forward and also at the back. Plus scored direct from a corner!!

Last edited by Offside Trap; 25-07-2012 at 04:59 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition were a bit average.

Hat trick for Alex Harris (No 10) and two for Jay Doyle (No 9). Harris took his goals really well and certainly has an eye for goal. A bit lightweight still and obviously has some growing to do - but good prospect.

- Euan Smith (No 7) playing attacking mid. Skill, pace and presence (i.e. not a midfield midget!);

- Ryan Baptie (No 3) playing left back. Man of the match for me - excelled going forward and also at the back. Plus scored direct from a corner!!

Good news!

And just think of it - these guys might be good enough to gain a regular place in the first team by the time they're 25!

These days that seems to be about the age when "youngsters" are considered strong enough and mature enough to play in the SPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    Wee update for anyone interested...the U20s won 8-1 vs East Fife Youth at Bayview this afternoon. Very good all round performance, albeit to be fair the opposition were a bit average.

Great stuff ..thanks for the update ...

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Baptie is/was in my sisters year at school and has always been considered quite a bright talent. Don't think he's even turned 18 yet so definitely one for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Good news!

And just think of it - these guys might be good enough to gain a regular place in the first team by the time they're 25!

These days that seems to be about the age when "youngsters" are considered strong enough and mature enough to play in the SPL.
    And ready to face the barrage of abuse that goes with the territory
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Good news!

It depresses me, the low ratio of youngsters that make it.