hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

"Sell Out Saturday" -- 11th August (merged)

With there likely to be a large shortfall in income due to the collapse of Rangers and the effect on the TV deal this seems to me to be a great idea, and as we have Hearts at home this weekend should be no problem for us to sell out, even if we get half of those coming along who went to the cup final. :pfgwa

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/07...6908-23908992/

http://theawayend.net/articles/featu...premier-league

SellOutSaturday: Campaign urges football fans to pack out stadiums and save national game from collapse

THE Daily Record is backing diehard football fans by getting behind SellOutSaturday.

Supporters sent out an SOS urging armchair fans to fill up Aberdeen’s Pittodrie stadium for next month’s first home game of the new SPL season. The Record believes that supporters who truly love the game can safeguard their clubs’ futures by turning up to support them throughout the season. We are calling on them to do the most powerful thing available – buying a ticket and sitting in the stands on SellOutSaturday, August 11.

The campaign is gathering momentum and supporters of all of Scotland’s great clubs are uniting to save the national game from collapse. Rangers’ liquidation and reformation as a newco has ended up with them being kicked out of the SPL. SFA boss Stewart Regan and SPL head Neil Doncaster angered fans of other clubs by forecasting financial disaster – and called for the club to be placed in the First Division.

St Mirren chairman Stewart Gilmour predicted that his club, along with Motherwell, Dundee United, Kilmarnock and Inverness, could go bust. But defiant fans believe that by sticking together, they can reignite some lost passion and banish the spectre of financial armageddon.
    Gordon Duncan, spokesman of the newly-formed Dons Supporters Together, said: “It’s an ­opportunity for Scotland’s top division to show we can attract crowds without the Old Firm.”

Over the last few weeks, supporters urged their clubs to treat Rangers like Livingston and Gretna before them. Club leaders appeared to listen as thousands of fans threatened not to renew their season tickets if Rangers were seen to be getting favourable treatment. Now those same supporters have to dig deeper as Scottish football enters a season shrouded in uncertainty.

But Gordon said he had “never bought into the ­armageddon line”.

He added: “Our first home game is against Ross County and we believe the two sets of supporters can produce a crowd of 16,000 to 19,000. “That would wipe out in one afternoon the money one visit from Rangers brings.”

2. Log in to remove the advert

Full list of fixtures on 11/08. Which one are you going to?

Changes still need to be made re Rangers in Div 3 :>)

Aberdeen V Ross County 15:00
    Club 12 V St Mirren 15:00
    Hibernian V Hearts 15:00 (likely to move for TV)
    Inverness CT V Kilmarnock 15:00
    Motherwell V St Johnstone 15:00

Cowdenbeath V Dunfermline 15:00
    Dundee V Dumbarton 15:00
    Morton V Livingston 15:00
    Partick Thistle V Falkirk 15:00
    Raith Rovers V Hamilton 15:00

Airdrie Utd V Arbroath 15:00
    Alloa V East Fife 15:00
    Ayr V Stenhousemuir 15:00
    Brechin V Albion 15:00
    Queen of Sth V Forfar 15:00

Berwick V Elgin 15:00
    East Stirling V Queens Park 15:00
    Montrose V Clyde 15:00
    Peterhead V Stranraer 15:00
    Stirling V Annan Athletic 15:00

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    August the 11th is the Hearts game, which should be close to selling out anyway so no real gain for the club.

The talk previously was of a "No to Newco" day on the day that we are due to play Club 12, 6th October. As the Newco is likely to be Dundee/Dunfermline then it would make sense to choose this game instead.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I will be at ER with 2 extras in our group GGTTH

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm surprised the daily bog roll has time tae get involved with this, are they still no too busy campaigning for sevco.

I really hope the REAL fans get behind all of our teams. They all need to support their clubs.

I also hope that this is the day when Scottish Football look forward and not backwards. Put the past behind us and start talking about the positives. Let's hope we see a lot of young talent on the pitch. Say goodbye to the cheap foreigners and let's see more young Scottish footballers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs spokesperson
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A spokesman for Hibs, who set off on a pre-season tour of Holland, Belgium and Germany tomorrow, said: “The support is there as we saw in the Scottish Cup final.
    “The fans are just waiting for *something to excite them.”
    Too true! But we must support our club in their time of need.

What if we could try get as many along to the Huddersfield game then our next game on the 11th v them (this game should hopefully attract a large crowd anyway) and finally our next home game v St Johnstone.

I will be attending all these games with 3-4 mates.

I would hope that Hibs & Hertz try and get as many of the Festive visitors to come to the game.

Your chance to experience Scotland's top derby.

Sounds good doesn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    August the 11th is the Hearts game, which should be close to selling out anyway so no real gain for the club.

The talk previously was of a "No to Newco" day on the day that we are due to play Club 12, 6th October. As the Newco is likely to be Dundee/Dunfermline then it would make sense to choose this game instead.
    We only had 15,013 for the Hearts game at New Year, with a capacity of 20,421 the extra 5,000+ would make a big difference to Hibs finances this season.

Should be possible, when you look at the cup final crowd.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by YehButNo But View Post
    We only had 15,013 for the Hearts game at New Year, with a capacity of 20,421 the extra 5,000+ would make a big difference to Hibs finances this season.

Then you look at the cup final result and realise why it wont happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Judas Iscariot View Post
    Don't look back. Only look forward. Our team needs our support.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

I don't go to these televised games purely down to cost reasons, £28 for a game live on T.V. is a no brainer for me.
    I will now be making a point of going to the games.

I expect a lot of people will be waiting first to see if Today turns out to be "Sell Out Monday"

Left by mutual consent!
    It's done and now is the time to man-up, cheer the team to a comfortable victory and ensure the future existence of the club.

F--- THE DAILY ******.....jumping on the bandwagon trying to get back into the good books of supporters

Back the clubs? I thought that was going to happen anyway since the buns were dumped???
    God I ****ing hate the Daily ******

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Is the derby likely to be moved to the Sunday? Or will it be more likely a 1230 kick off on the Saturday.

I think that if it's the Sunday I'll pop along to Forthbank on the Saturday.
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

That's my thoughts as well.

A lot of supporters I've spoke to are thinking of skipping the Hearts game as they don't fancy the obvious abuse that it will entail. It's not nice to have old wounds opened up again.

That's my thoughts as well.

A lot of supporters I've spoke to are thinking of skipping the Hearts game as they don't fancy the obvious abuse that it will entail. It's not nice to have old wounds opened up again.
    Part and parcel of backing your club...

There's no doubt that Hearts will pretty much sell out and they will be crowing about the cup final result all day, so let's sell out the Hibs stands and drown these f*****s out.

After the cup final, anyone who thinks we will get over 15k against hearts is crazy.

(also alot of people will still be on holiday, a few of my group are)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    After the cup final, anyone who thinks we will get over 15k against hearts is crazy.

You dont think there is ay least a full house worth of hibs fans willing to back the club for standing up to the cheating huns??? I really hope wrong. everyone who has made their views clear on the newco should be at this derby if they can at all afford it.
    Last edited by keep the faith; 16-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Why don't we choose every game?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post
    Why don't we choose every game?
    Nah that actually means getting off your arse and supporting Hibs

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post

Respect your view but am the complete opposite, no point in people hiding away from hearts cause of that game, we need to sell Easter road out and make as much noise as possible and cheer the team on getting a result against them, anyone who think staying away from this game because a few jambos are going to shout at them is silly tbh, everyone get there and cheer on the boys ggtth

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    Respect your view but am the complete opposite, no point in people hiding away from hearts cause of that game, we need to sell Easter road out and make as much noise as possible and cheer the team on getting a result against them, anyone who think staying away from this game because a few jambos are going to shout at them is silly tbh, everyone get there and cheer on the boys ggtth
    Agreed, we can either let them own us now or we can show them that we intend to change things. Time to man up!

There's no doubt that Hearts will pretty much sell out and they will be crowing about the cup final result all day
    Exactly.

so let's sell out the Hibs stands and drown these f*****s out.
    Totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    You dont think there is ay least a full house worth of hibs fans willing to back the club for standing up to the cheating huns??? I really hope wrong. everyone who has made their views clear on the newco should be at this derby if they can at all afford it.
    Yes. I just don't personally think it should be at the Hearts game.

Sadly, the first derby will be an "in your face hobo losers" day. We've got to just take that one on the chin. Any attempt to promote it as some sort of "No to Newco" day is going to be completely lost.

Pick a game that is going to have a fairly low turnout and promote that one as the game to sell-out and help the club. That is going to a lot more beneficial to the club than the Hearts game. It doesn't have to be the first home game just because the Daily Record says so.

I've added a sticky to the top of the board which will stay there for the whole season. It has a link to the Tickets page on the official site and info on how to book tickets.

If you see anyone asking, that's where to point them

And if I've missed anything useful let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    Would love it if it was sold out but from experiance the attitude of alot of hibs fans is to stay away when a probable defeat is on the cards. Look at games at Tynie for example where we have not filled half the stand.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar
    Got my Season ticket so would love to be there , but for once I hope it gets moved to Sunday as I return to Southampton on the 11th. from a Cruise and won't get back home till evening , so will miss game if on Saturday , but will be there in spirit.

@hibs.net private member
    The Huns are gone Dundee are in. Hibs fans should back sell out Saturday. The extra 5000 on the gate covers the lack of the Huns visits when you add in the police costs and Dundees 500 fans. It is time for fans to back our club and stop looking for excuses not to go.