hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member easty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    36
    Posts
    9,086
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: hibee_easty

    John Terry, (not a) racist (but still) an idiot...

    Dunno if this has already been posted, brilliant though.


    http://www.thefootballramble.com/lat...et-what-i-want

    Apparently, the judge didn’t hear clearly what John Terry said in reference to being sent off four times in his career so said ‘Can you say, please, four times?’ to which England’s Brave Lion responded with:

    ‘Please, please, please, please.’
    Oh dear.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Age
    23
    Posts
    5,468
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Razza96

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ma bit
    Posts
    13,734
    No way
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Penicuik
    Age
    43
    Posts
    30,445
    The laddie is no the ripest banana in the bunch.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    17,034
    There must be something wrong as the link to the guilty verdict isn't showing on my phone.

    Maybe this is John Terrys fault as well. I blame him for all this o2 carry on.

  7. #6
    Was sitting down in asdas not feeling too great when I read this on my phone. Laughed out loud so hard my husband thought I was having some sort of fit!

    What a numpty, and who says footballers are stupid

    ps made me feel much better

  8. #7
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    26
    Posts
    8,329

  9. #8
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,813
    Utter, utter moron.
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  10. #9
    Promising Youngster Finbar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Dunbar
    Posts
    97
    Sphincter says what?

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Little England
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,034

    JT - NOT guilty

    !!

  12. #11
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,141
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    !!
    G that's unbelievable. If that was you or me we would if been found guilty. JT gets away with what appears to be blatant racist abuse if a fellow player ( o no he didnt)

    O to be rich and famous and get into trouble.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,698
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    !!
    Reading the various summings up yesterday I thought that would be the case.

    The perception when i read the details was that Ferdinand had repeatedly been abusing Terry and had chased him half way round the park repeating it. The prosecution were trying to suggest Terry had lost in when in fact it looked as though Ferdinand was the one out of control at that stage.

    If you think that's the case it's hard to give much credence to whatever Ferdinand claims was said following it.

    More to it than that but yes, thought this was likely.

  14. #13
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,796
    They couldn't possibly put their English knight behind bars.

  15. #14
    Coaching Staff LancashireHibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Leigh, Lancashire
    Age
    33
    Posts
    6,647
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They couldn't possibly put their English knight behind bars.
    That wasn't possible anyway as the maximum punishment for the offence was a £2,500 fine.

    Just seen this on Twitter though which sums it up pretty well;
    "A day of integrity for Scottish football and a day of shame for the game in England."

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Little England
    Age
    52
    Posts
    35,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    G that's unbelievable. If that was you or me we would if been found guilty. JT gets away with what appears to be blatant racist abuse if a fellow player ( o no he didnt)

    O to be rich and famous and get into trouble.
    Yup - there would be no benefit of the doubt for you, me or anyother Joe Soap (regardless of colour)!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reading the various summings up yesterday I thought that would be the case.

    The perception when i read the details was that Ferdinand had repeatedly been abusing Terry and had chased him half way round the park repeating it. The prosecution were trying to suggest Terry had lost in when in fact it looked as though Ferdinand was the one out of control at that stage.

    If you think that's the case it's hard to give much credence to whatever Ferdinand claims was said following it.

    More to it than that but yes, thought this was likely.
    Yup - you're probably correct Andy. Ferdinand certainly didn't help himself. But I thought on balance the shout(s) would be viewed as racist and not 'banter'.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    G that's unbelievable. If that was you or me we would if been found guilty. JT gets away with what appears to be blatant racist abuse if a fellow player ( o no he didnt)

    O to be rich and famous and get into trouble.
    Fortunately we'd also get a proper trial with some evidence and not just media reporting.

    I hate the guy by the way but this looks like it might be the right legal verdict from what has been presented.

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fortunately we'd also get a proper trial with some evidence and not just media reporting.

    I hate the guy by the way but this looks like it might be the right legal verdict from what has been presented.
    Sounds the right verdict to me too. People are getting carried away with wanting him to be guilty.

    The case sounded like a joke to me, a waste of money, and in actual fact wouldn't have been in court if 'Joe Soap' had been the accused.

    No time for Terry or for racism but Anton Ferdinand... not sure about him at all- very arrogant.

  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    778
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    would appear to be just an IDIOT now.

  20. #19
    Testimonial Due Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Falkirk
    Posts
    4,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sphincter says what?
    What?

  21. #20
    Coaching Staff jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    16,328
    The case seemed pretty weak - I would think in most circumstances involving a member of the public, it wouldn't have got to court.

    Terry is a total ned but this verdict seems just.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,155
    You have to remember here, Ferdinand never accused Terry of anything, it was a fan who reported it to the police, hence why he got off with it.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,141
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You have to remember here, Ferdinand never accused Terry of anything, it was a fan who reported it to the police, hence why he got off with it.
    That's english law for you. Scots law albeit you require 2 witnesses or 1 plus enough circumstantial evidence to prove the the case.

    Fwiw it doesn't matter if the person who is the subject of the abuse complains with racially aggravated conduct it's any person who deems it to be (words to that effect in scots law)

    Trial by media. O and regardless if what AF has said Terry cannot and should not use that sort of derogatory remark ENDOF.

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's english law for you. Scots law albeit you require 2 witnesses or 1 plus enough circumstantial evidence to prove the the case.

    Fwiw it doesn't matter if the person who is the subject of the abuse complains with racially aggravated conduct it's any person who deems it to be (words to that effect in scots law)

    Trial by media. O and regardless if what AF has said Terry cannot and should not use that sort of derogatory remark ENDOF.
    Though was the defence not that he was repeating the words in the style of a question?

    Nobody seems to have been able to prove otherwise, hence the verdict.

    So, he's not just got off with it, it's unclear whether he has done anyhting to get off with in the first place.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member J-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    61
    Posts
    20,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's english law for you. Scots law albeit you require 2 witnesses or 1 plus enough circumstantial evidence to prove the the case.

    Fwiw it doesn't matter if the person who is the subject of the abuse complains with racially aggravated conduct it's any person who deems it to be (words to that effect in scots law)

    Trial by media. O and regardless if what AF has said Terry cannot and should not use that sort of derogatory remark ENDOF.
    This is where the law is grey, using that type of language but generally in life never being racist, certain things can be said in the heat of the moment but doesn't mean that person is a racist. Hands up all here who regularly say, going down to the ****** ( local shop ) or going for a ****** ( local takeaway ) but are we racist or ignorant.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Beefster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    15,236
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is where the law is grey, using that type of language but generally in life never being racist, certain things can be said in the heat of the moment but doesn't mean that person is a racist. Hands up all here who regularly say, going down to the ****** ( local shop ) or going for a ****** ( local takeaway ) but are we racist or ignorant.
    There's a argument for the older generation being ignorant because these words were always used in the 70s and 80s. Dismissing it as ignorance doesn't wash with anyone under the age of 40 though IMHO.

  27. #26
    Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,796
    Not guilty doesn't mean not racist.

    JT is very much a racist ****bag.

  28. #27
    Testimonial Due Treadstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Gorgie (Sorry)
    Posts
    2,858
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    In Scotland this would have been a 'Not Proven'

  29. #28
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,141
    Quote Originally Posted by jc1
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    This is where the law is grey, using that type of language but generally in life never being racist, certain things can be said in the heat of the moment but doesn't mean that person is a racist. Hands up all here who regularly say, going down to the ****** ( local shop ) or going for a ****** ( local takeaway ) but are we racist or ignorant.
    Generations including family members still say I'm going to get a paper and the P... And getting a Ch.... Fur T. I for one don't use those terms however I would say they are ignorant and will never change their ways. I repeatedly tell am in laws to watch what they are saying in front on my kids. It's wrong but no malice is intendeded

    Many years ago I had a season ticket in the old main stand and sat just behind Tommy Preston when this guy in front of his kid was giving wee Russell some abuse calling him a spear chucked and telling him to chase after coconuts as it would make him quicker.

    I could only stomach that for 2 games and asked a steward to intervene. Got blank looks and the guy kept at it. I finally, against my better judgement got up and told the guy to shut up and to stop making those comments.... 4 guys, all older stood up told me to mind my own business and said we could sort it outside.... Where I would get stabbed.

    The guy ended up getting down with a breach with a racist aggravation attached.

    Funny when we got outside after the match and I was standing next to ma 6ft 4 nutter of s brother that nobody said anything o apart from the cops who lifted the guy.

    Point being regardless of what is said there is no excuse to make those sort of comments.

    If I had been AF I wouldn't if said anything just popped him one on the fly in the tunnel.

    Sorry fur rant

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Aldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leven
    Age
    50
    Posts
    22,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In Scotland this would have been a 'Not Proven'
    This sort of case would only of went ahead in Scotland if the PF thought it was water tight a d therefore would of gotten nowhere near the court

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,698
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Generations including family members still say I'm going to get a paper and the P... And getting a Ch.... Fur T. I for one don't use those terms however I would say they are ignorant and will never change their ways. I repeatedly tell am in laws to watch what they are saying in front on my kids. It's wrong but no malice is intendeded

    Many years ago I had a season ticket in the old main stand and sat just behind Tommy Preston when this guy in front of his kid was giving wee Russell some abuse calling him a spear chucked and telling him to chase after coconuts as it would make him quicker.

    I could only stomach that for 2 games and asked a steward to intervene. Got blank looks and the guy kept at it. I finally, against my better judgement got up and told the guy to shut up and to stop making those comments.... 4 guys, all older stood up told me to mind my own business and said we could sort it outside.... Where I would get stabbed.

    The guy ended up getting down with a breach with a racist aggravation attached.

    Funny when we got outside after the match and I was standing next to ma 6ft 4 nutter of s brother that nobody said anything o apart from the cops who lifted the guy.

    Point being regardless of what is said there is no excuse to make those sort of comments.

    If I had been AF I wouldn't if said anything just popped him one on the fly in the tunnel.

    Sorry fur rant
    That's a bit of a side topic though when the defence was that he was repeating the words as a question, not that he didn't think the words were racist or had racist intent.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved