hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty

John Terry, (not a) racist (but still) an idiot...

Dunno if this has already been posted, brilliant though.

http://www.thefootballramble.com/lat...et-what-i-want

Apparently, the judge didn’t hear clearly what John Terry said in reference to being sent off four times in his career so said ‘Can you say, please, four times?’ to which England’s Brave Lion responded with:

‘Please, please, please, please.’
    Oh dear.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    No way
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    The laddie is no the ripest banana in the bunch.

There must be something wrong as the link to the guilty verdict isn't showing on my phone.

Maybe this is John Terrys fault as well. I blame him for all this o2 carry on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Was sitting down in asdas not feeling too great when I read this on my phone. Laughed out loud so hard my husband thought I was having some sort of fit!

What a numpty, and who says footballers are stupid

ps made me feel much better

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Utter, utter moron.

Sphincter says what?

JT - NOT guilty

!!

Quote Originally Posted by TQM
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    !!
    G that's unbelievable. If that was you or me we would if been found guilty. JT gets away with what appears to be blatant racist abuse if a fellow player ( o no he didnt)

O to be rich and famous and get into trouble.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    !!
    Reading the various summings up yesterday I thought that would be the case.

The perception when i read the details was that Ferdinand had repeatedly been abusing Terry and had chased him half way round the park repeating it. The prosecution were trying to suggest Terry had lost in when in fact it looked as though Ferdinand was the one out of control at that stage.

If you think that's the case it's hard to give much credence to whatever Ferdinand claims was said following it.

More to it than that but yes, thought this was likely.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    They couldn't possibly put their English knight behind bars.

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    They couldn't possibly put their English knight behind bars.
    That wasn't possible anyway as the maximum punishment for the offence was a Ł2,500 fine.

Just seen this on Twitter though which sums it up pretty well;
    "A day of integrity for Scottish football and a day of shame for the game in England."

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    G that's unbelievable. If that was you or me we would if been found guilty. JT gets away with what appears to be blatant racist abuse if a fellow player ( o no he didnt)

Yup - there would be no benefit of the doubt for you, me or anyother Joe Soap (regardless of colour)!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Reading the various summings up yesterday I thought that would be the case.

The perception when i read the details was that Ferdinand had repeatedly been abusing Terry and had chased him half way round the park repeating it. The prosecution were trying to suggest Terry had lost in when in fact it looked as though Ferdinand was the one out of control at that stage.

If you think that's the case it's hard to give much credence to whatever Ferdinand claims was said following it.

More to it than that but yes, thought this was likely.
    Yup - you're probably correct Andy. Ferdinand certainly didn't help himself. But I thought on balance the shout(s) would be viewed as racist and not 'banter'.

Coaching Staff

Fortunately we'd also get a proper trial with some evidence and not just media reporting.

I hate the guy by the way but this looks like it might be the right legal verdict from what has been presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Fortunately we'd also get a proper trial with some evidence and not just media reporting.

I hate the guy by the way but this looks like it might be the right legal verdict from what has been presented.
    Sounds the right verdict to me too. People are getting carried away with wanting him to be guilty.

The case sounded like a joke to me, a waste of money, and in actual fact wouldn't have been in court if 'Joe Soap' had been the accused.

No time for Terry or for racism but Anton Ferdinand... not sure about him at all- very arrogant.

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    would appear to be just an IDIOT now.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    Sphincter says what?
    What?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    The case seemed pretty weak - I would think in most circumstances involving a member of the public, it wouldn't have got to court.

Terry is a total ned but this verdict seems just.

You have to remember here, Ferdinand never accused Terry of anything, it was a fan who reported it to the police, hence why he got off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1
    You have to remember here, Ferdinand never accused Terry of anything, it was a fan who reported it to the police, hence why he got off with it.
    That's english law for you. Scots law albeit you require 2 witnesses or 1 plus enough circumstantial evidence to prove the the case.

Fwiw it doesn't matter if the person who is the subject of the abuse complains with racially aggravated conduct it's any person who deems it to be (words to that effect in scots law)

Trial by media. O and regardless if what AF has said Terry cannot and should not use that sort of derogatory remark ENDOF.

Coaching Staff
    That's english law for you. Scots law albeit you require 2 witnesses or 1 plus enough circumstantial evidence to prove the the case.

Fwiw it doesn't matter if the person who is the subject of the abuse complains with racially aggravated conduct it's any person who deems it to be (words to that effect in scots law)

Trial by media. O and regardless if what AF has said Terry cannot and should not use that sort of derogatory remark ENDOF.
    Though was the defence not that he was repeating the words in the style of a question?

Nobody seems to have been able to prove otherwise, hence the verdict.

So, he's not just got off with it, it's unclear whether he has done anyhting to get off with in the first place.

This is where the law is grey, using that type of language but generally in life never being racist, certain things can be said in the heat of the moment but doesn't mean that person is a racist. Hands up all here who regularly say, going down to the ****** ( local shop ) or going for a ****** ( local takeaway ) but are we racist or ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by jc1 View Post
    This is where the law is grey, using that type of language but generally in life never being racist, certain things can be said in the heat of the moment but doesn't mean that person is a racist. Hands up all here who regularly say, going down to the ****** ( local shop ) or going for a ****** ( local takeaway ) but are we racist or ignorant.
    There's a argument for the older generation being ignorant because these words were always used in the 70s and 80s. Dismissing it as ignorance doesn't wash with anyone under the age of 40 though IMHO.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    Not guilty doesn't mean not racist.

JT is very much a racist ****bag.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TreadsoneScot
    In Scotland this would have been a 'Not Proven'

Quote Originally Posted by jc1

Generations including family members still say I'm going to get a paper and the P... And getting a Ch.... Fur T. I for one don't use those terms however I would say they are ignorant and will never change their ways. I repeatedly tell am in laws to watch what they are saying in front on my kids. It's wrong but no malice is intendeded

Many years ago I had a season ticket in the old main stand and sat just behind Tommy Preston when this guy in front of his kid was giving wee Russell some abuse calling him a spear chucked and telling him to chase after coconuts as it would make him quicker.

I could only stomach that for 2 games and asked a steward to intervene. Got blank looks and the guy kept at it. I finally, against my better judgement got up and told the guy to shut up and to stop making those comments.... 4 guys, all older stood up told me to mind my own business and said we could sort it outside.... Where I would get stabbed.

The guy ended up getting down with a breach with a racist aggravation attached.

Funny when we got outside after the match and I was standing next to ma 6ft 4 nutter of s brother that nobody said anything o apart from the cops who lifted the guy.

Point being regardless of what is said there is no excuse to make those sort of comments.

If I had been AF I wouldn't if said anything just popped him one on the fly in the tunnel.

Sorry fur rant

Quote Originally Posted by Treadstone
    In Scotland this would have been a 'Not Proven'
    This sort of case would only of went ahead in Scotland if the PF thought it was water tight a d therefore would of gotten nowhere near the court

Coaching Staff
    Generations including family members still say I'm going to get a paper and the P... And getting a Ch.... Fur T. I for one don't use those terms however I would say they are ignorant and will never change their ways. I repeatedly tell am in laws to watch what they are saying in front on my kids. It's wrong but no malice is intendeded

Many years ago I had a season ticket in the old main stand and sat just behind Tommy Preston when this guy in front of his kid was giving wee Russell some abuse calling him a spear chucked and telling him to chase after coconuts as it would make him quicker.

I could only stomach that for 2 games and asked a steward to intervene. Got blank looks and the guy kept at it. I finally, against my better judgement got up and told the guy to shut up and to stop making those comments.... 4 guys, all older stood up told me to mind my own business and said we could sort it outside.... Where I would get stabbed.

The guy ended up getting down with a breach with a racist aggravation attached.

Funny when we got outside after the match and I was standing next to ma 6ft 4 nutter of s brother that nobody said anything o apart from the cops who lifted the guy.

Point being regardless of what is said there is no excuse to make those sort of comments.

If I had been AF I wouldn't if said anything just popped him one on the fly in the tunnel.

Sorry fur rant
    That's a bit of a side topic though when the defence was that he was repeating the words as a question, not that he didn't think the words were racist or had racist intent.