hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar

"We need to hit the ground running"

on the first game of the season."

Not my words, but those of Pat Fenlon

How refreshing compared to last years "we wont be ready" nonsense from CC.

Hopefully we won't hear too much on here about 'time to gel'. That was preached to high heaven last year and turned out to be complete bull.

PF knows the score

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The mere mention of the name Colin Calderwood infuriates me. Man, I hate that ****.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Talk is cheap, let's see what he can actually do

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It is indeed BH, but at least PF sounds like he knows what he's talking about.....I like him, hope it works out for him....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It is indeed BH, but at least PF sounds like he knows what he's talking about.....I like him, hope it works out for him....
    Having a manager who at least wants to be at the club, is a 100% improvement straight away.

There have been others that trotted out guff that had the fans lapping it up! Hughes springs to mind. Fenlon has a lot to prove in my book. I wish he would keep his trap shut and do his talking with his team on the park. I hope he works out well for us too, let's face it if it doesnt we could be in even bigger trouble

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Having a manager who at least wants to be at the club, is a 100% improvement straight away.
    Indeed, PF will be under no illusion just how difficult his task is, and he will be keen as mustard to succeed.....

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    There have been others that trotted out guff that had the fans lapping it up! Hughes springs to mind. Fenlon has a lot to prove in my book. I wish he would keep his trap shut and do his talking with his team on the park. I hope he works out well for us too, let's face it if it doesnt we could be in even bigger trouble
    Not lapping anything up but surely you can see a huge difference in what PF is saying in comparison to Hughes and Calderwood. He seems to er, know what he's doing!!

I like that he isn't making excuses or trying to hide. He knows what is expected and will strive to deliver. JH and CC both just talked rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Not lapping anything up but surely you can see a huge difference in what PF is saying in comparison to Hughes and Calderwood. He seems to er, know what he's doing!!

I like that he isn't making excuses or trying to hide. He knows what is expected and will strive to deliver. JH and CC both just talked rubbish.
    No, I cannot see any real difference, especially compared to Hughes. I don't subscribe to theory either that PF knows what he is talking about, he has proved nothing to me in his stint so far at ER. In fact if anything, I think he has been found wanting more than his predecessors.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Surely you'd rather he came out with something positive rather than "keep his trap shut" and say nothing at all?

I totally agree that Fenlon has everything to prove this season, and has not yet convinced me that he is the man to do it, but I like to hear positive comments coming from the manager just the same.

Not sure many lapped up what Yogi or CC said......I find PF refreshingly honest, tells it how it is, and none of this "the boys tried hard" etc etc

Not sure many lapped up what Yogi or CC said......I find PF refreshingly honest, tells it how it is, and none of this "the boys tried hard" etc etc
    I know many that were reaching for the Kleenex when Yogi spoke.

No, I cannot see any real difference, especially compared to Hughes. I don't subscribe to theory either that PF knows what he is talking about, he has proved nothing to me in his stint so far at ER. In fact if anything, I think he has been found wanting more than his predecessors.

Having some new players in to do the necessary strengthening of a poor squad and getting them settled in would help. Three and a bit weeks to ko and we have a squad too light for any major improvement on last term IMHO.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Afraid I agree with this. PF at least wants the job, but he's out of his depth.

First Team Breakthrough SmokieJoe's Avatar
    At least we can honestly say that PF shared our frustration last season to the point of getting a ban from the institutionalised in weegee land.

The man is as passionate as we are about our team, lets hope every one of us shares that passion for the new season:pfgwa

What was he saying before the Cup Final? I can't recall, exactly but I bet it sounded good. Sorry but I've still not got anywhere near getting over that day. You can say all the right things, be as passionate as you like but still not know what you're doing.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this. How the hell did we keep that impostor CC for so long

Fenlon will give it his best shot. With the financial constraints being tighter than ever this season, lets hope his best is good enough. Restoring a bit of pride v the Yams and winning more home games will be a minimum requirement.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    What was he saying before the Cup Final? I can't recall, exactly but I bet it sounded good. Sorry but I've still not got anywhere near getting over that day. You can say all the right things, be as passionate as you like but still not know what you're doing.
    The same.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    We certainly do need to hit the ground running. The opening few fixtures are tough, and we don't want morale destroyed from the get go. Next season needs to be a massive improvement on last, and how we start could be crucial. There's pressure on Pat to produce.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

It's refreshing to see people giving PF the benefit of the doubt, accepting the limited time frame he had last season, realising its a long term project and trying to understand the constraints he is working under.

Oh no wait let's just go into the new season with a.negative attitude towards the manager. That should help, with a bit luck we might get a new one before the AGM.

How about for once we actually go into a new season actually trying to be supportive of our manager and give him a chance to prove himself.

Manager makes a rallying statement and gets told to 'keep his trap shut'. Brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's refreshing to see people giving PF the benefit of the doubt, accepting the limited time frame he had last season, realising its a long term project and trying to understand the constraints he is working under.

Oh no wait let's just go into the new season with a.negative attitude towards the manager. That should help, with a bit luck we might get a new one before the AGM.

How about for once we actually go into a new season actually trying to be supportive of our manager and give him a chance to prove himself.

Manager makes a rallying statement and gets told to 'keep his trap shut'. Brilliant.
    I agree PB. But it is clear that, some are gonna need longer to forget and forgive for May 19th.

Heaven help RP if PF doesnt see the AGM! He will get lynched.

First Team Breakthrough micka_weer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    I agree PB. But it is clear that, some are gonna need longer to forget and forgive for May 19th.

Heaven help RP if PF doesnt see the AGM! He will get lynched.
    Agreed, however, and not saying that you're not btw, but we need to give PF time in my opinion. Stick with him for at least another couple od seasons to allow him to 'see out his vision' and produce a team worthy of the Hibs shirts

Quote Originally Posted by micka_weer View Post
    Agreed, however, and not saying that you're not btw, but we need to give PF time in my opinion. Stick with him for at least another couple od seasons to allow him to 'see out his vision' and produce a team worthy of the Hibs shirts
    Won't happen.

Read the delusion on here amongst some about the players we 'should be looking at'. Eremenko, Kello, Alan Smith....... We can barely afford these guys travel fares to ER never mind their weekly wage.

Hibs have done what the fans wanted by voting against Newco but sadly that means the financial pressure is greater than ever. We are going to.have to rely on youth and players like Mark Kerr etc

Sadly it seems some fans are just desperate to get ripped into PF and the players as soon as we aren't playing like Barcelona. The rebuilding job is huge and because of the financial situation will take even longer than it previously would have.

Fenlon will be lucky to see Christmas imo because it appears a sizeable minority see our Target as 2nd place, we'll be very, very lucky to acheive that but if we aren't looking good for it you can already see fans ready to turn on PF.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Won't happen.

Read the delusion on here amongst some about the players we 'should be looking at'. Eremenko, Kello, Alan Smith....... We can barely afford these guys travel fares to ER never mind their weekly wage.

Hibs have done what the fans wanted by voting against Newco but sadly that means the financial pressure is greater than ever. We are going to.have to rely on youth and players like Mark Kerr etc

Sadly it seems some fans are just desperate to get ripped into PF and the players as soon as we aren't playing like Barcelona. The rebuilding job is huge and because of the financial situation will take even longer than it previously would have.

Fenlon will be lucky to see Christmas imo because it appears a sizeable minority see our Target as 2nd place, we'll be very, very lucky to acheive that but if we aren't looking good for it you can already see fans ready to turn on PF.

No one seriously can think our target is 2nd place. Our target for this season should be to try and challenge for a top six place. Even that is going to need more than a couple of more signings, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropley10 View Post
    But he took us to a Scottish Cup Final. That doesn't merit any credit at all then? He's also identified and secured McPake who I think is exactly the type of on and off field leader we have been missing for some time.

Totally agree,nothing against the guy, he really has a lot on his plate and I hope he can come up with the goods.
    apart from Clancy and McPake theres nothing there thats gonnae get extra bums on seats this season.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    No one seriously can think our target is 2nd place. Our target for this season should be to try and challenge for a top six place. Even that is going to need more than a couple of more signings, though.
    I agree. It worries me when a player signs and, like McPake has, comes out with these type of statements. He must realise that, at this point, our squad is still weaker than it was last season. I’d love for us to finish 2nd. Positive thinking is one thing but being realistic would be, well...a bit more realistic.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Offside Trap View Post
    But he took us to a Scottish Cup Final. That doesn't merit any credit at all then? He's also identified and secured McPake who I think is exactly the type of on and off field leader we have been missing for some time.
    For me you get judged out what you do in the league. Lucky teams can win cups. Poor teams finish low down in league.
    I'm not convinced he has got it tacticly. Time will tell.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Correct. When I saw them training on the STV news last night. Very worrieD we you see how poor the squad is. We need 6 players at the level of McKpake.