hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: stevesyb

The joke of a club store

Just went along to the club store from Armadale (a near 50 mile round trip) to buy my home and away shirt using my 2 for 1 voucher only to discover the away shirt in size XL is sold out. There is plenty in stock of the home shirt but none available for the away shirt. 4 weeks before the new season and already Hibs are potentially losing out on much needed revenue really isn't the best plan of action right now.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I am a tad worried now despite the deadline being extended until July 20th as I can't afford any time off work and another 50 mile trip will cost!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by sbell1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just went along to the club store from Armadale (a near 50 mile round trip) to buy my home and away shirt using my 2 for 1 voucher only to discover the away shirt in size XL is sold out. There is plenty in stock of the home shirt but none available for the away shirt. 4 weeks before the new season and already Hibs are potentially losing out on much needed revenue really isn't the best plan of action right now.

Has anyone else had the same problem? I am a tad worried now despite the deadline being extended until July 20th as I can't afford any time off work and another 50 mile trip will cost!
    Should have just bought a large and gone on a diet.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Or went a size up and lived like a king?!

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    If you were going to be travelling 50 miles, then you should have got in touch with the club first to make sure that they had any left in stock and they would have reserved one for you if they had any left.

The tops have been selling like hotcakes.

Gamer IDs

I'd hardly say I was a big chap but thanks to Puma's erratic sizes since my error of 2 seasons ago I've had to size up to an XL! Strangely though my Newcastle shirt also made by Puma I get away with a size L.

The material is pretty stretchy to be fair.

Sounds like this boys been eating too many hot cakes.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    If you were going to be travelling 50 miles, then you should have got in touch with the club first to make sure that they had any left in stock and they would have reserved one for you if they had any left.

With better judgement this would have been done!

Have to say though, both shirts look much better in the flesh. A big hats off the club and Puma for 2 very classy and distinctive kits.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in about 20 minutes ago and there was only small and medium out in the mens away. One of the staff asked what size we were lookig for and went out back to look. He came back with an armfull of large and an unopened box. Reckon they've had an unexpected delivery that they've not had a chance to put out yet.

With better judgement this would have been done!

Have to say though, both shirts look much better in the flesh. A big hats off the club and Puma for 2 very classy and distinctive kits.

Best ones i've seen in a long time.

I'd hardly say I was a big chap but thanks to Puma's erratic sizes since my error of 2 seasons ago I've had to size up to an XL! Strangely though my Newcastle shirt also made by Puma I get away with a size L.
    Yep 'Puma's erratic sizes'. Found the same with my trousers and shirts for work. Funnily after a diet of beer, pizza and crisps.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    I totally sympathise. I went all the way there from work a few weeks back, humphing ma kit bag from Waverley and the store opening times had all changed. So got all hot and bothered for nothing. A few days later on my day off work I did the 160 mile round trip (starting to sound like the 'Four Yorkshiremen' sketch) and got my away top. I'm typing this at Paisley some weeks after that, hoping they still have XL home tops in stock otherwise it'll be 160 miles for nothing. To be fair it must be a harder than usual job keeping the right level of stock in the store this summer with no-one knowing what's happening in the bigger picture and people threatening to walk out on Scottish football etc. I reckon Rodders has the shop tills connected to his home PC spreadshseet so he can keep an eye on how stuff is selling :)

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I went down last weekend and there was plenty sizes of both tops avaiable. Despite it being quite busy they were very efficient(and seemed mostly australian ) too.

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Yeah same happened to me on Tuesday. As usual they had no idea when the stock would arrive. I just bought an XXL and will keep phoning to see when the XLs arrive and get it swapped.

HI

sbell 1875 sent you a PM mate.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Twiglet View Post
    I was in about 20 minutes ago and there was only small and medium out in the mens away. One of the staff asked what size we were lookig for and went out back to look. He came back with an armfull of large and an unopened box. Reckon they've had an unexpected delivery that they've not had a chance to put out yet.
    I may have walked past you then! I spoke to the boy that does the shirt printing and he said they've been selling really well and that another shipment has been ordered but they don't know the delivery date yet.

A wee check on the online shop and it says no XL available in the away so at least that appears to be updated regularly. I'm going to keep my eye on that and as soon as I see it is available try and take a sneaky half day from work and head back through!

Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post

YOu ever tried calling the club shop?? They never answer the phones, the shop an the ticket ofice IMO lack miles behind everything else about the club and are a total joke!!!!!
    Last edited by HNA4; 07-07-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Swear filter bypass

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Can u order them online?

Gamer IDs

[QUOTE=Gez1875;3287467]QUOTE]

Your words are offensive :(
    Last edited by MSK; 07-07-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Quote removed

Thats a bit rough , get one of Colin Steins. We gave the lovely people ( Armadale thistle) a set of strips as part of a transfer deal. They Sent them back because they were green. Dont think Joe Bakers deal was like that.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    On ma way home complete wi XL home top. I needed an XL away one so decided just to get the same size for the home. There seemed to be a big push on to make folk get their shirts personalised but with only a handful of signings I couldn't think of what to get put on it, plus DUNGCASTERISACORRUPTW**K wouldn't fit across in one line One thing I would say is the home top is a fair bit darker than I thought, despite seeing it on the club website. It will go well with my new Sect 43 scarf ;)

C'mon. give spbell1875 a break. Prob just a bit angry.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibiza View Post
    Thats a bit rough , get one of Colin Steins. We gave the lovely people ( Armadale thistle) a set of strips as part of a transfer deal. They Sent them back because they were green. Dont think Joe Bakers deal was like that.
    Green is very rarely seen in these parts! It was a pleasure wearing my Hibs shirt to school when I was younger as everyone was an old firm supporter!

Last Armadale match I was at was at home to Broxburn juniors and we lost 1-0 and were woeful.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    On ma way home complete wi XL home top. I needed an XL away one so decided just to get the same size for the home. There seemed to be a big push on to make folk get their shirts personalised but with only a handful of signings I couldn't think of what to get put on it, plus DUNGCASTERISACORRUPTW**K wouldn't fit across in one line One thing I would say is the home top is a fair bit darker than I thought, despite seeing it on the club website. It will go well with my new Sect 43 scarf ;)
    Forgive my ignorance here but did you get both home and away in XL?

Stop behaving like jamboloids and servco.

Aye, me! Ended up getting away top in xxl which drowned me. Will hopefully be able to swap it

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Reluctantly looked at this thread with it's god-awful title and another opportunity at battering **** out of the shop / staff / Puma kits / Australians. Am I alone though, in being surprised that there is a card-carrying Hibby in Armadale? Good luck hitting the streets when you get your shirt sorted. Then again, maybe the locals will now see Armadale Thistle as a bit closer in the pyramid and forget all about us.....

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Green is very rarely seen in these parts! It was a pleasure wearing my Hibs shirt to school when I was younger as everyone was an old firm supporter!

Last Armadale match I was at was at home to Broxburn juniors and we lost 1-0 and were woeful.
    All non-green Old Firm 'supporters' then?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton Handling View Post
    Reluctantly looked at this thread with it's god-awful title and another opportunity at battering **** out of the shop / staff / Puma kits / Australians. Am I alone though, in being surprised that there is a card-carrying Hibby in Armadale? Good luck hitting the streets when you get your shirt sorted. Then again, maybe the locals will now see Armadale Thistle as a bit closer in the pyramid and forget all about us.....
    The title of the thread was written within 5 minutes of walking out the shop shirt-less and agitated! I happen to like the shop and have never had any issues with it in any way. My frustration is the fact I could have provided £50+ to my club at a time it would have been really welcomed but I wasn't able to at this time.

Armadale born and bred I am. Mother is from Bathgate and father from Whitburn. Dad, me and my sister are all Hibees and have had numerous season tickets. I'm hoping my next few generations are proud Hibs fans as well.