hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

So who else is looking forward to the new season?

Naw me neither. I am very disinterested at the moment. I dont know if its still cup final blues. I dont know if its the last two seasons overall performances. I dont know if Ive been battered into submission over this Newco pish.

I just cant get enthused about it in the slightest.

Not even the best strip in well over a decade has my juices flowing. This is not like me at all. Usually hyper within about two weeks of the previous football season finishing. Maybe a few decent signings will get my mojo back.
    Fingers crossed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I was really looking forward to a shake up of Scottish football until this BS about SFL 1 happened.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naw me neither. I am very disinterested at the moment. I dont know if its still cup final blues. I dont know if its the last two seasons overall performances. I dont know if Ive been battered into submission over this Newco pish.

Not even the best strip in well over a decade has my juices flowing. This is not like me at all. Usually hyper within about two weeks of the previous football season finishing. Maybe a few decent signings will get my mojo back.
    Fingers crossed.
    THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I think its going to be another poor season with more new faced journeymen, while clubs that payout fractions less than we do look forward to their gifted 3 points against us.

Before somebody busts me for being pessimistic, i'm only basing this on the evidence of the last several years.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..
    Oh **** yes, if only the club felt this way.
    As per usual we will bend over to be spanked yet again.

Hearts will be a much weakened team but I'll wager their still up for the game more than us.

If we can sign four or five decent quality players ( McPake ) as our captain I think we can maybe start to turn the tables on our City rivals.

I worry that we won't sign the type of player we need though and that things will stay as they are.

Fully expect groundhog day against Hearts at ER.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Fingers crossed.

I'm toiling as well, have to say.

I think we need to see some signing soon, and decent..no... good signings at that.

I'm also a sucker for hearing the soundbites and that, so a couple of good interviews and statements of intent from Pat Fenlon will probably get the enthusiasm going again.

At the moment, I'm more devestated at where we are and how bad things are at the club. Really just want to do something about it so we can all enjoy going to the football again, and so Hibernian can be successful.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar

Fingers crossed.
    Yep I'm exactly the same. Its finally sunk in that watching Hibs is just not enjoyable any more and I can't forsee any change in that. A combination of things I suppose - last few seasons' performance, the Cup Final, the Board not able to come up with any solutions other than continually pleading for fans to buy STs to fund players, the apathy, the hunco pish, the general lack of quality of Scottish fita etc. etc.

The only thing that would get me excited would be the signing of a player with real quality who would get us off our seats. Not gonny happen though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    Oh **** yes, if only the club felt this way.
    As per usual we will bend over to be spanked yet again.

Hearts will be a much weakened team but I'll wager their still up for the game more than us.

If we can sign four or five decent quality players ( McPake ) as our captain I think we can maybe start to turn the tables on our City rivals.

I worry that we won't sign the type of player we need though and that things will stay as they are.

Fully expect groundhog day against Hearts at ER.
    Completely agree with all of this.

I know I'll very much be in the minority, but I'm actually strangely looking forward to it. Saturdays are boring already and we're not even into July yet. We're going to get a few signings, preseason starts soon and the thought of a Hun free league is very much a positive too.

Watching Hibs is in the blood.

I am the same. Never felt as fed up re Hibs as I have since going to games in last 20 years. Even when relegated or mercer summer at least we had some passion and hope.

Being really brutal we have no players of any real note, nobody that would get you excited to watch, a manager who has made very very little progress and looks on face value out of his depth, a board of directors with zero ideas or leadership and fans like me who for first season in a long long time have decided not to renew, not because we can't be bothered or afford it but because we just don't enjoy it and this is our way of protesting.

Add in the Sevco debacle and latest disgraceful Div 1 attempt and it's a desperate state of affairs.

My only caveat is.....it CAN change around very quickly but it is ALL about what is on the park in terms of quality and results.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    I know I'll very much be in the minority, but I'm actually strangely looking forward to it. Saturdays are boring already and we're not even into July yet. We're going to get a few signings, preseason starts soon and the thought of a Hun free league is very much a positive too.

Me too.

A month ago I was delighted that the season was over, now as always I'm ganting on the new one starting. It'll probably be pish again, but you never know, you just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

Happy to join your minority, new season, new hopes and dreams, new players, if I didn't still have a positive outlook at this time of year, when you can put behind you the trials and tribulations of (another) not so good season and look forward to the upcoming year, then (especially from so far away!) I would wonder what the real point in me still supporting Hibs was, especially that I only ever get to a few games every few years when I venture home!

This close season is a re-birth again for Hibs, and this time it's a potential re-birth for Scottish football if everyone holds together.

And yet again, in a manager we put our trust and expectations and dreams and a massive dollop of hope that he can get it right on the park where many have failed recently, so over to you Pat and the rest of the management and players.

I can already imagine the first strains of Hector Nicol over the Easter Road tannoy system for that first home game....

Not at all! Bit fed up of Scottish football right now. Once the huns are in the 3rd division i will start getting more excited though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    Not at all! Bit fed up of Scottish football right now. Once the huns are in the 3rd division i will start getting more excited though.
    Another reason why I have no interest in the forthcoming season is partly to o with all the Rangers issue. I can't believe the SFA are going to bend the rules to suit them and put them in the 1st division instead of them playing in the 3rd where they should rightly end up..

3 words.....Bring It On!!!

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: asbo
    As some have said I expect the same rubbish that's been feed to us week in week out for the last 2-3 seasons..... At least some of the wage thievs have been booted out.

[QUOTE=PISTOL1875;3280449]THe thought of the new season does not interest me in the slightest.. Dundee United away on the opening day is a horrid fixture to have and then the week after having those tramps from across the city coming to ER to rip the p1ss out of us once again and basically put yet another nail in our coffin makes me sick.. That game will be like the cup final all over again and listening to them berate us for 90 minutes is quite frankly soul destroying..[/QUOTE/]
    That's a brilliant attitude to take into next season. If the fans turn up to the hearts game then we can just outsing them and you won't need to listen to them also we will have a new team by then and hearts have lost half their team so you don't know what will happen:pfgwa

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I cant wait. Bring it on, Assuming the SFL clubs do the right thing i cant wait to get to ER and see the start of our turnaround and Paddy will give us a club to be proud of.

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE
    That's a brilliant attitude to take into next season. If the fans turn up to the hearts game then we can just outsing them and you won't need to listen to them also we will have a new team by then and hearts have lost half their team so you don't know what will happen[/QUOTE]

An so have we, Doherty, McPake, Soares, Griffiths, O'Connor to name just a few and with no money to sign any better that that I'm afraid we are still there for the taking. Unless we sign 7 or 8 class players it's going to be a very long season.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    God, i clicked on this thread think i was going to get some cheer, i'm now thinking of sticking my head in the oven.

I always look forward to a new season. As somebody above said, new beginning, new hope, no huns. Roll on the 5th.

GGTTH
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Am looking forward to it as I have a love for football. As for being excited about watching hibs? Not so much as I look at that team that we have right now and it gives me the fear of going down. I don't even think the signing of McPake will make me confident of staying up. We need 6 or 7 new players who can hit the ground running. Just hope we can put the last few seasons behind us

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Not too fussed just now to be honest.

However first league match I'll be rarin to go.

Looking forward to the game at Grangemouth before I go on hols, just for being different.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    God, i clicked on this thread think i was going to get some cheer, i'm now thinking of sticking my head in the oven.
    Before you do .......

... buy yourself a season-ticket for ER!

You know it makes sense.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I am a wee bit.

**** knows why.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    I Feel the same the opening 2 fixtures i think will yeald us zero points its all a bit depressing just thinking about next season fingers crossed Murray wins today at least you can get excited about the tennis when one of our own is still in there.

I'm looking forward to
    • a fresh squad of players who will play as our new manager wants
    • the professionalism that will be displayed by the new regime at East Mains
    • regular games on a Saturday at 3 when the tv deal falls
    • playing in a league of teams living within their means
    • seeing what the section 43 folk dream up for this season - biggest improvement to match atmosphere imho
    • playing in a weakened league as all teams cost cut
    • the first home game as the previous evidence says we will lose
    • seeing what the new board & fans inititive comes up with
    • the New Year game
    • going to the football with my son with our first season tickets together

I'm hoping
    • we will do well given our healthier financial situation
    • for Europe next year
    • we can beat the Hearts

Looking forward to Berlin if I can secure the funds!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I cant wait, its always the same after a couple of weeks without Hibs. Only 19 days before i get to see us again.

Right in the balance for me. Poor PF is in the same position as all other managers, so many of the supporters of clubs up and down the country have lost confidence in our footballing administrators and want to ensure that they do the right thing in the Huns saga, that all preparations by managers are pretty much academic for most of us right now.