hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Regular

Hibs Squad 2012-13 (merged)

All this chat about the huns and their lack of playing squad, lets not forget about our own current situation. We have released 10-15 players during the close season and so far have brought in 1 replacement, Tim Clancy. Having spoken to a few mates who support Motherwell, they reckon he is a good player but prone to the odd bombscare moment.

I am growing increasinly concerned that as pre-season is now upon us we are still in a position that we need to fill all these spaces. I had been hoping that we would have had at least 5-6 players brought in up to this point with 4-6 others being brought in throughout July & August.

Now, I think we could be in a position that come August we are nowhere near ready for starting the season with players not fully up to speed. We have a really difficult start to the season and it is imperative that we hit the ground running fast!

Without new signings coming in soon, I feel we will be dragged into another relegation battle as it will take time for the new squad to gel together.

Can we expect any new signings in the next week?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EllChrisso PSN ID: EllChrisso
    If anyone knows, would they post what our current First Team squad is? Including stating players that are on loan. Just curious as to what we are actually left with after last season.

I agree tho mate, the pre-season is fast approaching and we dont seem to have many plans in order to build up the squad quickly. It does take time however to find the right players at the right prices... but surely Pat Fenlon has been working on this ever since he took over the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ell_Chrisso View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If anyone knows, would they post what our current First Team squad is? Including stating players that are on loan. Just curious as to what we are actually left with after last season.

I agree tho mate, the pre-season is fast approaching and we dont seem to have many plans in order to build up the squad quickly. It does take time however to find the right players at the right prices... but surely Pat Fenlon has been working on this ever since he took over the job.
    Squad currently is:

Antell
    Booth
    Cairney
    Caldwell
    Clancy
    Claros
    Doyle
    Galbraith
    Handling
    Hanlon
    Kujabi
    McPake (Captain)
    O'Hanlon
    Osbourne
    Smith
    Sproule
    Stephens
    Stevenson
    Williams
    Wotherspoon

With the following three out of contract as of tomorrow but not yet confirmed by the club as gone:

Brown
    O'Connor
    Horner

Out on loan:

Scott

We also have as academy players on the fringe of the squad:

Stanton
    Grant
    Last edited by BEEJ; 10-07-2012 at 04:41 PM.

.. by the look of that list,
    I'm taking my boots to matches,
    fancy my chances of a game.

@hibs.net private member HibbyKeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Squad currently is:

Booth
    Caldwell
    Clancy
    Claros
    Doyle
    Galbraith
    Handling
    Hanlon
    Kujabi
    O'Hanlon
    Osbourne
    Smith
    Sproule
    Stephens
    Stevenson
    Wotherspoon

With the following four out of contract as of tomorrow but not yet confirmed by the club as gone:

Antell
    Brown
    O'Connor
    Horner

Out on loan:

Scott

Stanton
    Grant

Jeezo pretty bare to the bone,

Grant

Clancy Hanlon O'Hanlon/Stephens Kujabi

Wotherspoon Ozzy Claros Stevenson/Booth

Doyle Sproule

throwing a team together from that list was hard, and well... pash! fingers crossed that the transer wait will be worth it.

got to have a decent team to play is our stunning new home top.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ HIBBY View Post
    All this chat about the huns and their lack of .playing squad, lets not forget about our own current situation. We have released 10-15 players during the close season and so far have brought in 1 replacement, Tim Clancy. Having spoken to a few mates who support Motherwell, they reckon he is a good player but prone to the odd bombscare moment.

I am growing increasinly concerned that as pre-season is now upon us we are still in a position that we need to fill all these spaces. I had been hoping that we would have had at least 5-6 players brought in up to this point with 4-6 others being brought in throughout July & August.

Now, I think we could be in a position that come August we are nowhere near ready for starting the season with players not fully up to speed. We have a really difficult start to the season and it is imperative that we hit the ground running fast!
    Without new signings coming in soon, I feel we will be dragged into another relegation battle as it will take time for the new squad to gel together.

Can we expect any new signings in the next week?
    Its groundhog day. Remember last season when we weren't ready. I think the manager is struggeling to get players in and the whole club has a real cost cutting feel to it right now. We dont want signings just for the sake of them though, so we can live in hope that there is a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumner View Post
    .. by the look of that list,
    I'm taking my boots to matches,
    fancy my chances of a game.
    I'll join you there

Coaching Staff
    The OP echoes my thoughts.

Once again we are supposed to "trust our elders and betters" that somehow from a myriad of deals that are supposedly going on, real or imaginery, that somehow, just like in the old comics the magician will wave his magic wand and somehow, 5 or 6 players will appear, fit, hungry and lean, ready for battle, each fully knowiung his role becasue he is a 'professional''.

IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

One new player signed prior to pre season trainig starting!!!

Many years ago when coaching amateur sides, even I had my squad in place for the commencement of pre season training - we seem to be absolutley crap in attracting players now, for whatever reason - and it can't just be money as some of our supposed targets have opted for other clubs that going by the conventioanlo wisdom, are even in a much more parlous financial state than us.

We Hibs supporters really deserve some positive news about signings after what we all have went through ..but up until now, Clancy aside, all we get is Churchillian words to be patient - that there is light at the end of the tunnel etc.

Can anybody see the tunnel, never mind the light

Dunno about you, but I'm fed up being patient...what about some action?

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    The OP echoes my thoughts.

Once again we are supposed to "trust our elders and betters" that somehow from a myriad of deals that are supposedly going on, real or imaginery, that somehow, just like in the old comics the magician will wave his magic wand and somehow, 5 or 6 players will appear, fit, hungry and lean, ready for battle, each fully knowiung his role becasue he is a 'professional''.

IT DOES NOT WORK THAT WAY!

One new player signed prior to pre season trainig starting!!!

Many years ago when coaching amateur sides, even I had my squad in place for the commencement of pre season training - we seem to be absolutley crap in attracting players now, for whatever reason - and it can't just be money as some of our supposed targets have opted for other clubs that going by the conventioanlo wisdom, are even in a much more parlous financial state than us.

We Hibs supporters really deserve some positive news about signings after what we all have went through ..but up until now, Clancy aside, all we get is Churchillian words to be patient - that there is light at the end of the tunnel etc.

Can anybody see the tunnel, never mind the light

Dunno about you, but I'm fed up being patient...what about some action?
    Calm down dear!!

Do you want it done right by Pat or just want him to sign any old guff in JUNE to keep you happy ;-) Players are still generally under contract, players linked to us in the press may have gone elsewhere but that never means we were actually interestd in them, the Euros are still on and also Scottish football is in melt down....

But lets give Pat a bit of time to get it together, if by the end of July we havent got most of a new team in place you are allowed to panic ;-)

First Team Breakthrough jamieross's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: JamieMth
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Calm down dear!!

Do you want it done right by Pat or just want him to sign any old guff in JUNE to keep you happy ;-) Players are still generally under contract, players linked to us in the press may have gone elsewhere but that never means we were actually interestd in them, the Euros are still on and also Scottish football is in melt down....

But lets give Pat a bit of time to get it together, if by the end of July we havent got most of a new team in place you are allowed to panic ;-)
    Not calling this an excuse or even being a bedwetter, i fully expect we'll have more players soon but this statement always amazes me no matter who says it. How can we not sign anyone while the euros are on? It hasnt stopped people who are at the euros or even on international duty undertaking transfers/medicals. Its not like were signing anyone whos there.

Just my opinion, but as i say i fully trust Pat/Hibs to have done loads of work to get players.

Coaching Staff

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jamieross View Post
    Not calling this an excuse or even being a bedwetter, i fully expect we'll have more players soon but this statement always amazes me no matter who says it. How can we not sign anyone while the euros are on? It hasnt stopped people who are at the euros or even on international duty undertaking transfers/medicals. Its not like were signing anyone whos there.

Just my opinion, but as i say i fully trust Pat/Hibs to have done loads of work to get players.
    Spot on, what has the Euros got do with the price of fish?

I'd be delighted if we were locked in negotiations with players who were taking part in the Euros and this somehow delayed their decision to jopin us or not, but we are probably talking more like the eqivalent of signing players from the Partick Thistle's of this world etc

We start pre season trainnig on Monday.

Maybe its just a generational thing, but the older and debatably wiser I get, the less blind faith I put in anybody...and tend to judge on actions

But as suggested, maybe I should go for a Bex and a good lie down, and when I wake up, everything will be fine.....

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    By far the worst Hibs squad ever...makes last seasons team look like world beaters! If Hibs want to attract fans to ER we need to see a decwnt team with some decent players....the above team will be relegated by xmas! Roll on the signings hail hail

Left by mutual consent!
    I fail to see how some supporters can be optimistic when it comes to Hibs these days.

Cost cutting measures have to be taken I understand that but we haven't had a proper squad together for a full pre season for as long as I can remember.

We better sign at least three quality players before the start of the season because I'll tell you right now if any of the current lot where playing in my back garden, I don't think I'd bother opening the blinds.
    Last edited by Littlest Hobo; 30-06-2012 at 03:23 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlest Hobo View Post
    I fail to see how some supporters can be optimistic when it comes to Hibs these days.

Cost cutting measures have to be taken I understand that but we haven't had a proper squad together for a full pre season for as long as I can remember.

We better sign at least three quality players before the start of the season because I'll tell you right now if any of the current lot where playing in my back garden, I don't think I'd bother opening the blinds.
    We need far more than three players. We have no keeper, one striker, short at centre half and no fight in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Spot on, what has the Euros got do with the price of fish?

I'd be delighted if we were locked in negotiations with players who were taking part in the Euros and this somehow delayed their decision to jopin us or not, but we are probably talking more like the eqivalent of signing players from the Partick Thistle's of this world etc

Probably quite a lot when you consider where a whole bunch of agents have been the last few weeks trying to peddle their star clients to the big teams of this world, we are a wee bit further down the pecking order...

Pat has said he's wanting to sign the right players, not just any old players, lets at least give him half a chance before jumping about out down about it all

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Probably quite a lot when you consider where a whole bunch of agents have been the last few weeks trying to peddle their star clients to the big teams of this world, we are a wee bit further down the pecking order...

Pat has said he's wanting to sign the right players, not just any old players, lets at least give him half a chance before jumping about out down about it all
    Give him a chance?, FFS mate these cretins up the road are already lording it over us once again and you would think at least we could have a more positive statement from this useless board to try and at least make us feel a wee bit better but as usual stone cold silence except the usual season tickets guff, there is absolutely no chance of me spending any money on anythig Hibs until I see radical changes in the squad and at this moment in time it looks like that's not going to happen, I of course want to be proved wrong but can assure Petrie and co you ain't getting my money until I see some positive moves on the field...

So there!

Squad currently is:

Booth
    Caldwell
    Clancy
    Claros
    Doyle
    Galbraith
    Handling
    Hanlon
    Kujabi
    O'Hanlon
    Osbourne
    Smith
    Sproule
    Stephens
    Stevenson
    Wotherspoon

With the following four out of contract as of tomorrow but not yet confirmed by the club as gone:

Antell
    Brown
    O'Connor
    Horner

Out on loan:

Scott

Stanton
    Grant
    Antell signed a new contract back in may

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthamptonHibs View Post
    By far the worst Hibs squad ever...makes last seasons team look like world beaters! If Hibs want to attract fans to ER we need to see a decwnt team with some decent players....the above team will be relegated by xmas! Roll on the signings hail hail
    Yeah that's the squad for the season right enough

Quote Originally Posted by oconnors_strip View Post
    Antell signed a new contract back in may
    Yeah, I thought that I'd seen that somewhere, Nikki. But it's not been officially confirmed in the same way that, for example, the new contract for Scott Smith was announced last week.

I think I also read somewhere that young Horner will be moving on. But again, no official confirmation in the same way that we've been told about Taggart and Welsh.

Squad currently is:

Booth
    Caldwell
    Clancy
    Claros
    Doyle
    Galbraith
    Handling
    Hanlon
    Kujabi
    O'Hanlon
    Osbourne
    Smith
    Sproule
    Stephens
    Stevenson
    Wotherspoon

Antell
    Brown
    O'Connor
    Horner

Out on loan:

Scott

Stanton
    Grant
    Good work BEEJ.

Go and be a good chap though and add James McPake (captain), especially for SouthamptonHibs.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Good work BEEJ.

Go and be a good chap though and add James McPake (captain), especially for SouthamptonHibs.
    Done!

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar

Cool Optomistic (or unrepentant)

I dunno, surely we can't get any worse than some of the pish we played last season?

:pfgwa

Quote Originally Posted by hibeefan95 View Post
    I'll join you there

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Desperately praying for four new first pick midfielders. Starting to think we may be lucky to get one and muddle through with the losers from last year.

A strong + solid keeper (Alexander)
    A creative midfielder (Shiels)
    A winger (Humphrey)
    A target man (Kyle?)

And we'be got a strong spine.

Good work BEEJ.

Defo a happy man when i heard the news McPake signed yesterday! Keep the signings comung Hibs hail hail

Defo a happy man when i heard the news McPake signed yesterday! Keep the signings comung Hibs hail hail
    Glad you're happier, couldnae resist the wee pop yesterday.

Glad you're happier, couldnae resist the wee pop yesterday.
    No worries mate was getting worried with the lack of signings. Hoping the teams ready for start of season not to worried about united game but we need to beat Hearts on 11th...need something good to shout about hail hail

No worries mate was getting worried with the lack of signings. Hoping the teams ready for start of season not to worried about united game but we need to beat Hearts on 11th...need something good to shout about hail hail
    I'm fully expecting to ask BEEJ to update his squad list again tomorrow.

Paul Cairney had better be announced as a Hibs player or I'm going to be left with egg on my face (and deservedly so).

I've been harping on about it being a done deal for long enough that I'm starting to doubt me.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Paul Cairney had better be announced as a Hibs player or I'm going to be left with egg on my face (and deservedly so).

I've been harping on about it being a done deal for long enough that I'm starting to doubt me.
    I cant take the credit for this, but someone else said when he signs he will nearly be able to sign a pre contract with another team.

I have never seen him play, but he sounds the kind of player we need, someone who gets forward, creates and scores. Lets hope he is, and goes on to be a success for the cabbage.

Do the necessary BEEJ