hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

Message From Pat - Your Club Needs You.

Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

What you all waiting on????

Do you want players like McPake leading this great club?

You know what to do!!!!

Still here? Maybe a wee bit of help to get you started (see below)

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx

It's a total "Chicken and egg" situation though.

After the past 3/4 seasons, no-one should be trying to guilt trip any supporter who "waits and sees"/"picks and chooses their games" as opposed to shelling out - especially at the vastly overpriced SPL prices, not that that is necessarily Hibs fault, but in these times, £400+ is a lot of money - on a season ticket.

2500 non renewals. That's a lot.

@hibs.net private member
    I am one of the 2500 who decided to wait and see what will happen over the summer. Every year until now I have paid my season ticket right at the start of the summer. However, the last few years we have seen nothing but rubbish on the pitch, which is why I chose to wait. You can't expect everyone to pay £400 in blind faith every summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's entirely typical at this time of year in my experience.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Is the Kicks for Kids scheme on this year? I could support it as I have on the past for a couple of additional tickets

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?br4lky

Lots will be waiting til after 4 July to see the vote confirmed and others even further still to see where the huns end up. It's not all about waiting to see who the club signs although I can understand Pat's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    What you all waiting on????

Do you want players like McPake leading this great club?

You know what to do!!!!

Still here? Maybe a wee bit of help to get you started (see below)

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hibernianfc/default.aspx
    Fantastic if you happen to have £405 going spare. I don't so it'll be PATG every 2nd weekend for me :)

Good bit marketing for Hibs would've been for them to end that statement with an extension to the payment plan, then maybe just maybe.......

Any idea how many season ticket holders there were last season?

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

After the past 3/4 seasons, no-one should be trying to guilt trip any supporter who "waits and sees"/"picks and chooses their games" as opposed to shelling out - especially at the vastly overpriced SPL prices, not that that is necessarily Hibs fault, but in these times, £400+ is a lot of money - on a season ticket.
    I don't see it as an attempt to guilt trip anybody. It's simply a statement of fact from the manager. If we want to get out of this hole the the more cash Pat Fenlon has to work with the easier it will be. That can't be disputed. The reasons we are in this mess can be repeated ad nauseum but that won't help us in the present.
    Last edited by marinello59; 27-06-2012 at 03:10 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

It's not a chicken and egg situation for with regards tae who we do or dinnae sign over the summer and that's never been the case for me, I've always renewed within the first few days or weeks of tickets going on sale. My decision no tae renew this time round has everything tae do with what I believe tae be right and wrong. I love Hibs and I really like and believe in Pat Fenlon and what he has tae say but I will not go against what I believe tae be right and wrong on the current situation. If and only if the correct decision is made on that will I renew.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What it doesn't say is how many new season ticket holders we have as a result of getting a Cup Final ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Fantastic if you happen to have £405 going spare. I don't so it'll be PATG every 2nd weekend for me :)

Good bit marketing for Hibs would've been for them to end that statement with an extension to the payment plan, then maybe just maybe.......
    If Hibs brought back the payment plan/sign decent players/win more matches/say no to Newco...... They have? Then can I change that to make sure they start in Division 3/let me stand/lower prices/sack Rod Petrie/arrange for four scantily clad blondes to carry me to the game on a sedan chair.............then maybe, just maybe, I will renew.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by whiskyhibby View Post
    Is the Kicks for Kids scheme on this year? I could support it as I have on the past for a couple of additional tickets
    I sent an e-mail to the club 2 days ago asking about the "Kicks for Kids" and the Hibernian membership scheme but not had a response yet

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    I sent an e-mail to the club 2 days ago asking about the "Kicks for Kids" and the Hibernian membership scheme but not had a response yet
    Might be best to give them more than 48 hours to respond to a non-urgent email before giving them the 'rolling eyes' smilie. It's not like they have a customer service centre waiting to answer queries.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    I can't commit to a ST, but would like to help out on other ways (already a shareholder FWIW from the Duff & Grey days!).

Can the club re-launch a revised "Membership" scheme, similar to the one put out around Xmas last year? I'd put my hand in my pocket for that - otherwise, you'll have to accept my PATG money for the games I do make each season. I've already pencilled in the opening day at DUFC (no boycott here) and the Club12 home date, and possibly the Huddersfield & Bucharest games.

What else can I do, Pat?

TH

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    If Hibs brought back the payment plan/sign decent players/win more matches/say no to Newco...... They have? Then can I change that to make sure they start in Division 3/let me stand/lower prices/sack Rod Petrie/arrange for four scantily clad blondes to carry me to the game on a sedan chair.............then maybe, just maybe, I will renew.
    I'm not renewing until they confirm that the catering outlets will be stocking lobster and caviar bellinis at half-time. Once they confirm that, I won't be renewing until they confirm that my seat will have a cushion.

The idea of a Direct Debit type membership I thought was a good one for people who were unable to pay 400 straight up.

Hibs could advertise it say -

Gold
    Silver
    Bronze

Each category a different cost and entitles you to certain benefits to the club. Similar to a gym membership.

This would be separate from Season Ticket membership but would still allow others to contribute.

I still think a loyalty scheme should be announced - something as simple like a Boots / Tesco Reward card where the more you spend the more points you get - again helps with ticketing for certain games and the club can reward their loyal fans with certain incentives.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    So 2500 did not or have not renewed, how many did buy one because it guaranteed them a season ticket?

If it was 1 thousand, then we are 1500 down, and some will buy before the season starts. Maybe it was 2 thousand, or 1500, we just dont know?

I'm not convinced its the doomsday scenario some folk are thinking.

A simple statement telling us just how many new season tickets we sold, and a total of how many we have sold, and then a plea to those who have not yet would stop any confusion.

Sometimes you need to tell the truth Hibs, even the bad stuff.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 27-06-2012 at 03:27 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwerphibs View Post
    Agreed. I thought that the SC Final ticket program would have resulted in more ST sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Might be best to give them more than 48 hours to respond to a non-urgent email before giving them the 'rolling eyes' smilie. It's not like they have a customer service centre waiting to answer queries.
    It's hardly as if I'm asking for info on new signings etc.

Given the Club are on the website asking the fans to contribute to making up the shortfall from the "newco" perhaps their customer service centre could inform fans of ways they can contribute, on the same website, rather than fans having to ask on .net or by e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    It's hardly as if I'm asking for info on new signings etc.

Given the Club are on the website asking the fans to contribute to making up the shortfall from the "newco" perhaps their customer service centre could inform fans of ways they can contribute, on the same website, rather than fans having to ask on .net or by e-mail
    Patience is a virtue! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsMax View Post
    Agreed. I thought that the SC Final ticket program would have resulted in more ST sales.
    That figure only tells us how many of last seasons ST holders didnae renew, nae mention of how many new ST holders bought for a cup final ticket. I doubt we're down that number in total. They always seem tae be painting the worst picture, why no give us all the figures for a change instead of just telling us the bits they want.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: toomanydjs
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    I can't commit to a ST, but would like to help out on other ways (already a shareholder FWIW from the Duff & Grey days!).

Can the club re-launch a revised "Membership" scheme, similar to the one put out around Xmas last year? I'd put my hand in my pocket for that - otherwise, you'll have to accept my PATG money for the games I do make each season. I've already pencilled in the opening day at DUFC (no boycott here) and the Club12 home date, and possibly the Huddersfield & Bucharest games.

What else can I do, Pat?

TH
    Like you I cant really commit to a ST, as Im moving down South soon and thus need all my money. But Ive still been a ST holder and invested a lot of money in the team following them about, including buying merchandise, going to friendlies etc, and I will continue to do so.

I do understand where the board are coming from, but a lot of fans are fed up putting heard earned money (and a ST(s) can be a huge sum of money for people) into something that has given almost no return in the last few years. Weve had one signing so far, and I accept that the club needs money to be able to go out and buy players, but I think they are going to have to do a little better than that before more people are willing to purchase a ST (eg someone like McPake).

Once the Rangers thing is sorted I imagine there will also be an improvement in ST sales.

I might buy one and show solidarity when Sevco are confirmed sfl 3, or even better when they're permanently tits up. Haven't had one since 07.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post

Genuine question. Is the payment plan better than a 12 month bank loan? I know nothing about the payment plan so can't say.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    That figure only tells us how many of last seasons ST holders didnae renew, nae mention of how many new ST holders bought for a cup final ticket. I doubt we're down that number in total. They always seem tae be painting the worst picture, why no give us all the figures for a change instead of just telling us the bits they want.
    I can take it if its bad news, in fact sometimes when our club is in the crap, we seem to rally round and find that extra quid or two. Treat us like adults FFS.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I can't afford a season ticket and i'm not going to be guilted in to it either!

Hibs should get on kickstarter and do a "buy a player" fund, i'd gladly chip in £20 rather than £400 for a season ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Patience is a virtue! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough.
    I'm not bothered about getting a response Beefster - but there are already 3 posters on this thread wondering how they can contribute. Hopefully someone at the Club will think about putting something on the official site giving details of how the fans can help.