hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sect 43/12th man

What do you guys think about sect 43 or the 12th man?, i personally think they are doing a cracking job. Still don't understand why people have a go at them for trying to create an atmosphere.......keep up the good work lads

2. Log in to remove the advert

They do a cracking job!

People don't generally have a go now. Obviously some are against any boycott, but in terms of the atmosphere on match days, feedback has been great towards the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They do a cracking job!
    can i get a free scarf now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Hail 96 View Post
    What do you guys think about sect 43 or the 12th man?, i personally think they are doing a cracking job. Still don't understand why people have a go at them for trying to create an atmosphere.......keep up the good work lads
    I think they are a bunch of young boys who tried and failed to get on X Factor. To a boy their hairstyles consists of big flicks and they all wish they were in one direction.

Their leader is also very crap at writing letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    I think they are a bunch of young boys who tried and failed to get on X Factor. To a boy their hairstyles consists of big flicks and they all wish they were in one direction.

Their leader is also very crap at writing letters.

If you want to join HH96, ensure you have the correct flick.

Or we wont let you in.

Or we wont let you in.

Worry not HH96.

Do NOT cut you hair for the next few weeks. Aim for a big flick. It will come.

If you do not cut your hair and practice hard on your letter writing skills, there will be a place for you amongst us

We are a brotherhood all going in one direction.

Love how people think its mostly young "one direction" types. Dont consider myself to be an active member but I do always stand next to them and only a few of them look like "one direction" types.

Im of the opinion that those horrible chino things should be banned from all football grounds. I see more peole in other parts of the stand wearing them than in S43.

@hibs.net private member
    Quite funny that I barely have hair, yet appear to have a flick

Does it matter if they wear chinos or have "flicked hairstyles"? if they are creating a good atmosphere im all for it and the team appreciate this. Keep it up Guys
    Last edited by GreenArmy1875; 27-06-2012 at 09:04 AM. Reason: Bad grammar

Blog Entries
    The guys deserve a lot of credit for the work they've put into making match days a bit more enjoyable. I would much rather sect43 continue to persue creating an atmosphere at ER rather than going to home games with an atmosphere as dull as a day at Rugby Park.

Think away Big Frank - never let ignorance of the truth, get in the way of tongue in cheek humour.

I am 55, my brother 53 and there's a few more in our 40's and 50's. The guy who designed the wonderful Hampden displays is 47. The guy with the drum is 38. The volunteers that did the Hampden setups, bucket collections, film fundraising were aged between age 11 and 74. There were a good few lassies as well

Maybe you just have a think about One Direction?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Hooligans.

Or we wont let you in.
    Is it not a quiff BF..

Quote Originally Posted by Gogs43 View Post
    Think away Big Frank - never let ignorance of the truth, get in the way of tongue in cheek humour.

I am 55, my brother 53 and there's a few more in our 40's and 50's. The guy who designed the wonderful Hampden displays is 47. The guy with the drum is 38. The volunteers that did the Hampden setups, bucket collections, film fundraising were aged between age 11 and 74. There were a good few lassies as well

Maybe you just have a think about One Direction?

Its the turn-ups on the jeans being held up with braces that worries me, with your size 12 doc martins.

Not very One Direction.

The guy with the drum is 38
    Please tell me we're not going to have to put up with a ****ing drum next season?

Doing a great job folks - keep it up.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Please tell me we're not going to have to put up with a ****ing drum next season?
    He was there for a few games last year.

I like what they're trying to do, however I think what they're actually achieving is the opposite of what they want to do. Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground.

Did a great job with the displays at hampden but at easter road I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.

It's all a bit too false and forced for my liking.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    He was there for a few games last year.

I like what they're trying to do, however I think what they're actually achieving is the opposite of what they want to do. Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground.

Did a great job with the displays at hampden but at easter road I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.

It's all a bit too false and forced for my liking.
    Thats my view too, and again they wont want to hear this, but the stand is much too big for what they are trying to do.

Unless they are relocated to the bottom tier of the FF, i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time. There are way too many people who just dont want to join in, and would rather moan about them than support the team.

Having their own space, where only folk who wanted to behave a little more boisterous is the only way this will survive in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time.
    To be fair they might be. They might have left school by then

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Most folk around me tend to find the singing section quite annoying and very few of there songs catch on and spread throughout the ground. I much prefer sporadic songs starting from all over the place rather than a group of people singing songs that a lot of the time people don't even know.
    Thanks Bingo for this positive feedback
    • Where do you sit about?
    • Do you know "most of the people" around you?
    • What are the songs that you would prefer we sing?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Unless they are relocated to the bottom tier of the FF, i predict they will be no bigger in 2 years time.
    That must be you into double figures now Gary on this proposal? IIRC there's only 2 other posters who agree with you. I guess we will still be reading this in 10 years time cos you never address any of our points i.e.
    • The singing section has been in the East since '86 - No?
    • It's in the same place as it's always been - 25 yards out from the South goal - No?
    • I haven't met a soul who actually wants to relocate from the East to the FF. I've been in the East for 26 years as have most of my mates
    • The FF is the Family Stand - assigned by the club. Where do you propose to relocate them? Do they want to relocate?
    • It's too far away from the away support

Complete non-starter

The problem is not Sec43, in reality the problem is a ridiculously oversized white elephant of a stand that we can neither fill, nor create an atmosphere from.

I'm aware about planning etc but Easter Road is too big for Hibs needs now.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Thanks Bingo for this positive feedback
    • Where do you sit about?
    • Do you know "most of the people" around you?
    • What are the songs that you would prefer we sing?

That must be you into double figures now Gary on this proposal? IIRC there's only 2 other posters who agree with you. I guess we will still be reading this in 10 years time cos you never address any of our points i.e.
    • The singing section has been in the East since '86 - No?
    • It's in the same place as it's always been - 25 yards out from the South goal - No?
    • I haven't met a soul who actually wants to relocate from the East to the FF. I've been in the East for 26 years as have most of my mates
    • The FF is the Family Stand - assigned by the club. Where do you propose to relocate them? Do they want to relocate?
    • It's too far away from the away support

Complete non-starter
    Where was most of the singing when you started going Gogs, as for me it was behind the goal? The old east was fine for it, people knew if you went there it could be a bit more boisterous. It was filthy and if you went there, you knew the score.

Again in my opinion, you will annoy far too many folk in the east, its far too big too. The bottom of the FF is the logical place for this to grow in my opinion. As for moving folk from the FF, i'd have thought they could move to the top tier, its hardly bouncing in there just now, and the family stand will be wherever the club puts it.

I know you dont agree with me, thats fine, but i will continue to say what i feel on this subject, because thats what i think is your only way forward.

As for it being too far away from the opposition support, thats as lame an excuse as i have ever heard. Tell me the best atmospheres hibs have had in recent seasons on our travels, and how many of them have been in the middle of the stadiums?

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Section 43 have ruined chinos for me. For a start they aren't proper chinos and are usually from River Island. Other outlets are available.

It's a conspiracy.

I think it would be harsh to judge their success based on last season which saw a very low amount of people turn up. If the stadium was more occupied by fans and people still didn't join in, then we'd be able to judge. Keep up the good work though lads. Chinos are forever hideous.

Worry not HH96.

Do NOT cut you hair for the next few weeks. Aim for a big flick. It will come.

If you do not cut your hair and practice hard on your letter writing skills, there will be a place for you amongst us

We are a brotherhood all going in one direction.
    Filcks were sooooooo last season!
    this season the kids will be rocking out with 1950's stylee quiffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    next season we have a new improved drum, we got a deal from the local pipe band and its one of those snares that they have.
    you'll be able to hear the drum from the other side of Edinburgh, Paddy wants an atmosphere, thats what hes going to get with this bad boy!

BH, i'm part of the working group thats being put together, its defo an issue that i'll raise to see about the feasability of a safe standing area in the lower FF, and all the issues that it raises.

Quality lads