hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough SGHIBEE's Avatar

Could Hibs sign some of the Rangers walkouts?

With younger Rangers players not taking up the option to transfer to the Newco (Ness, McCabe for example) does anyone think there's a chance of Hibs offering any of these boys a one year deal to stay in Scotland?

I know they are young but they are decent players.

Seem to recall McCabe having a stormer against Celtic.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SGHIBEE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With younger Rangers players not taking up the option to transfer to the Newco (Ness, McCabe for example) does anyone think there's a chance of Hibs offering any of these boys a one year deal to stay in Scotland?

I know they are young but they are decent players.

Seem to recall McCabe having a stormer against Celtic.
    Never mind the decent young players. How about offering Naismith, Davis & Aluko an opportunity to play in the SPL next season! We are crying out for players of this ilk just now. I for one could handle these three ex Huns donning the famous green & white. Can't say the same about macGregor, lafferty and some of the other clowns that will walk.
    Rangers No More, Lochaber no more
    GGTTH
    :pfgwa

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ IronHIbee View Post
    Never mind the decent young players. How about offering Naismith, Davis & Aluko an opportunity to play in the SPL next season! We are crying out for players of this ilk just now. I for one could handle these three ex Huns donning the famous green & white. Can't say the same about macGregor, lafferty and some of the other clowns that will walk.
    Rangers No More, Lochaber no more
    GGTTH
    :pfgwa
    naismith, are you having a giraffe

Alexander will do for me, if we can sign him that is. ;-)

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    I'd take Ness and Alexander

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bighairyfaeleith View Post
    naismith, are you having a giraffe
    I suppose he's probably not quite Hibs class but i'm happy to offer him some training facilities!!!

What is sporting integrity?

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Kyle Hutton
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Alexander will do for me, if we can sign him that is. ;-)
    Would be a great signing IMHO. Can't believe he was second fiddle at rangers so long

Greedy bassa though so will be a sub down south somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    I'd take Ness and Alexander

Alexander, Hutton, Fleck, Ness, McCabe, McCulloch, Little, and Broadfoot would all be realistic IMO

Quote Originally Posted by SGHIBEE

Would be a great signing IMHO. Can't believe he was second fiddle at rangers so long

Greedy bassa though so will be a sub down south somewhere
    You never know. The chance to be No1 might appeal after taking quite a wage to sit on bench. Fingers crossed.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Why do some hibs fans honestly think we can pick up players like Alexander and Naismith or these ilk of players?..Seriously what planet do yous live on?...We pay nothing in wages compared to England's ****tier teams. I honestly shake my head sometimes at the nonsense that gets posted on here regarding potential signing targets.Wake up.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Why do some hibs fans honestly think we can pick up players like Alexander and Naismith or these ilk of players?..Seriously what planet do yous live on?...We pay nothing in wages compared to England's ****tier teams. I honestly shake my head sometimes at the nonsense that gets posted on here regarding potential signing targets.Wake up.

My understanding is that Alexander is out of contract, he'd be a great keeper to have at Hibs considering the pish we've had for the last few years. I've always liked Aluko as a player, but reckon he'll go down south. Some of the young ones would be good to get, get at least a couple of good years out of them then flog them for big bucks. The best player to sign would probably have been Davis but that's a non-starter obviously. Would be good to get an agreement with Newco when they're in Div 3 to get 1st choice on their best young players, just in case we get injuries

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    My understanding is that Alexander is out of contract, he'd be a great keeper to have at Hibs considering the pish we've had for the last few years. I've always liked Aluko as a player, but reckon he'll go down south. Some of the young ones would be good to get, get at least a couple of good years out of them then flog them for big bucks. The best player to sign would probably have been Davis but that's a non-starter obviously. Would be good to get an agreement with Newco when they're in Div 3 to get 1st choice on their best young players, just in case we get injuries
    Well we won't be signing any players cause HibbyAndy says so.

Stick oot tongue smiley

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Yeah but the likes of Ness Little or Hutton are not exactly going to get a transfer down England so what's wrong with us thinking about them as signing targets

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    Alexander, Hutton, Fleck, Ness, McCabe, McCulloch, Little, and Broadfoot would all be realistic IMO
    Realistic in what universe?

Quote Originally Posted by SGHIBEE View Post
    Well we won't be signing any players cause HibbyAndy says so.

Stick oot tongue smiley

We will be signin players Just not players that can get so much more than what we can pay from A.N Other..

Don't get me wrong tho, I do have a good chuckle at the players we get linked with, And an even bigger chuckle at the gullable one's that actually believe we can sign players like Alexander.

Id like to think that the younger players are on our radar. A couple of years playing regular SPL football and then get their move down South could suit both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Yeah but the likes of Ness Little or Hutton are not exactly going to get a transfer down England so what's wrong with us thinking about them as signing targets

I said in the ilk of Alexander or Naismith..

But even the names you mention above still would command much more in wages than what hibs can afford .

We will be signin players Just not players that can get so much more than what we can pay from A.N Other..

Don't get me wrong tho, I do have a good chuckle at the players we get linked with, And an even bigger chuckle at the gullable one's that actually believe we can sign players like Alexander.
    I agree we get linked with some belters but my original point still stands regarding the rangers younger players. I agree with the unlikelyhood of Alexander, Davis or aluko ever wanting to come to Hibs for a pittance
    Last edited by SGHIBEE; 26-06-2012 at 08:59 PM.

The fringe players like Ness, McCabe & Hutton will be on the same as our own young players. If and when they cement a place in the first team they will be awarded a new deal but until then they are just prospects. I think the bumber contract they gave Fleck a few years ago made them wary of offering too much before ability had even been proven at a decent level.

The only players at Rangers that we couldn't match wages for are the ones that they paid actual money for or are fully established in the first team so are paid apropriately for their position.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    The fringe players like Ness, McCabe & Hutton will be on the same as our own young players. If and when they cement a place in the first team they will be awarded a new deal but until then they are just prospects. I think the bumber contract they gave Fleck a few years ago made them wary of offering too much before ability had even been proven at a decent level.

The only players at Rangers that we couldn't match wages for are the ones that they paid actual money for or are fully established in the first team so are paid apropriately for their position.
    Never in time, who on earth tells you these things?

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar

Nonsense, they are (or more accurately were) on pretty good money, in some cases more than first team money in other SPL clubs. That's why most OF youth players are reluctant to leave, unless it's just a loan.

Given that money seems to be their master I'd say it's unlikely we'll see any of them at ER. Tynie more like.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Never in time, who on earth tells you these things?

Who tells you otherwise?

Why would Rangers or Celtic pay over the odds for youth players until they have established themselves as first team players. Once they have shown that they are worth a long term deal I am sure they will be well paid for it and at that point other SPL sides have no chance of matching wages but up until that point we will all be similar.

They are simply big clubs not charities. I remember an article written about the time that Scott Brown went to Celtic and was given a contract worth £25k per week and that Darren O'Dea who had earlier that season played in the Champions league at the San Siro was annoyed at being on £900 per week.

Promising Youngster Long Time Hibee's Avatar
    Who tells you otherwise?

Why would Rangers or Celtic pay over the odds for youth players until they have established themselves as first team players. Once they have shown that they are worth a long term deal I am sure they will be well paid for it and at that point other SPL sides have no chance of matching wages but up until that point we will all be similar.

They are simply big clubs not charities. I remember an article written about the time that Scott Brown went to Celtic and was given a contract worth £25k per week and that Darren O'Dea who had earlier that season played in the Champions league at the San Siro was annoyed at being on £900 per week.
    I would think this is correct. Didn't the boy MacMillan join Dunfermline from the Huns in order to guarantee 1st team football every week? I doubt that Dunfermline would be paying him huge money?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by West Upper Pie View Post
    Alexander's wages were rumoured to be in the vicinity of £20k p/w, were they not? (This might well be wrong, but it's in my the back of my mind somewhere!)

McCulloch has already said he won't leave Rangers and Fleck already has clubs looking at him down south, but certainly the likes of Hutton, Ness, McCabe and Little shouldn't be outwith the realms of possibility.

Ness, McCabe and/or Little would certainly add some quality to our team
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

You have to factor in that to pay the equivelant of £20k per week in rangers dollars, would cost the new team nearer £30k per week because you have to add tax.

O:-)