hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 211 to 240 of 258
  1. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSimplyHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not deluded at all wee man, the purpose of building a 20000 all seater stadium is to fill it esp. the home end, every time you play, at home!

    Why waste money if you have no intention in filling it, every home game?

    Where is the delusion?

    We live in a city where a near half million people live in it - we only attract 6500-8000 out of that half million, at least a third of that half million follow Hibs, it is upto the club to entice the third back to the club.
    Cant fill it for a local derby or the old firm visits who do you think would be the opposition when we fill it??


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #212
    Quote Originally Posted by IFONLY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cant fill it for a local derby or the old firm visits who do you think would be the opposition when we fill it??
    The Old Firm are not a big draw for Hibs fans. An early OF game at ER tends to pack in a decent Hibs support, when new season optimism is high. In subsequent games however, there are often far less Hibs fans than there would be for games against M'well, A'deen, DU etc, the crowd inflated by a full away end.

    This is because few supporters enjoy witnessing the ugly triumphalism of a sectarian, cheating bigot fest.

    This to me is that fundamental lie about the drawing power of Rangers. They (and Celtic) drive away as many decent fans per season as they bring to games.

  4. #213
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    12,884
    Perhaps SKY will do the decent thing and leave the £80,000,000 on the table.



  5. #214
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dłn Éideann, Alba
    Age
    50
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fat lady hasn't sung yet. I nearly renewed after they announced they wouldn't be voting for Newco getting back into the SPL then they topped it by coming up with the Div 1 pish.

    Until it's confirmed by the SFA/SPL that they are starting in Div 3 my money is staying in my bank account. I wouldn't put anything past the incompetent tits who are in charge of our game and would trust them as far as I could throw them

    As soon as that confirmation comes, I'll renew
    This.

    I wouldnae trust these scheming *******s as far as I could throw a grand piano. Once I see the fixture lists published and confirmed with them in division 3 then I'll make my move and no before

  6. #215
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,770
    I think many fans will be waiting to see the outcome of the forthcoming SPL summit - if they try any funny stuff with a hastilly assembled SPL2 I think we can expect a host of supporters to turn their backs on the game in Scotland out of pure disgust at the two-faced hypocracy of it all.

    If on the other hand, the SPL continue to plow the furrow of sporting integrity then I would expect an upsurge in ST sales around the country as those with the means to do so register their approval at justice being upheld.

    I'm not quite in good enough financial shape to go for a ST at the mo but expect to be registering my approval at the right outcome by heading down the shop and purchasing a new home top and by getting to as many games as possible in the new season.

    I would be utterly amazed if the rumours about a hastilly convened SPL2 did come to fruition - with all that has happenned it would be an exercise in outright stupidity as the SPL clubs would be throwing away at a stroke all of the goodwill and respect built up amongst their supporters as this whole sorry episode has unfolded.

  7. #216
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    7,770
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Old Firm are not a big draw for Hibs fans. An early OF game at ER tends to pack in a decent Hibs support, when new season optimism is high. In subsequent games however, there are often far less Hibs fans than there would be for games against M'well, A'deen, DU etc, the crowd inflated by a full away end.

    This is because few supporters enjoy witnessing the ugly triumphalism of a sectarian, cheating bigot fest.

    This to me is that fundamental lie about the drawing power of Rangers. They (and Celtic) drive away as many decent fans per season as they bring to games.
    Very true Bob - something that is starkly demonstrated by the widespread tendency of parents NOT to take their younger kids along to games vs the OF for fear of exposing them to the threat of violence as well as the whole nauseating bileous bigot fest which unfailingly unfolds.

  8. #217
    Dashing Bob S

    I am right with you.

    Hibs home support against the Old Firm has dwindled over the years and I put it down to the bigoted sectarian bile which spills out of the away end.

    Losing Old Firm income can easily be made up by increased home crowds, obviously depending on some decent results.

    Look at the crowd at the home game against Dunfermline as an example. The Cup Final (ouch) could have been sold out three times over and not an Old Firm sectarian bigot in sight. Did we rely on Rangers for any of that income?

    Hibs (and Scottish Football) WILL survive the 'Rangers' debacle. All it needs is some strong leadership, good marketing and SPORTING INTEGRITY.

  9. #218
    Coaching Staff down-the-slope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    10,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dashing Bob S

    I am right with you.

    Hibs home support against the Old Firm has dwindled over the years and I put it down to the bigoted sectarian bile which spills out of the away end.

    Losing Old Firm income can easily be made up by increased home crowds, obviously depending on some decent results.

    Look at the crowd at the home game against Dunfermline as an example. The Cup Final (ouch) could have been sold out three times over and not an Old Firm sectarian bigot in sight. Did we rely on Rangers for any of that income?

    Hibs (and Scottish Football) WILL survive the 'Rangers' debacle. All it needs is some strong leadership, good marketing and SPORTING INTEGRITY.
    If you are talking about match day ticket sales - then over the course of a season I would agree

    If you mean income generally from OF participation then i'm afraid thats a different story and we along with other clubs are going to suffer massively from the reduction in central revenue and falling distributed shares due to colapse of TV deals and changes to sponsorship agreements both centrally and on a club basis.

    (still think Div 3 is correct outcome - but I do not share optimism of some as to how the financial fall out can be overcome. Lots wanted decision far less are willing or able to do whats needed to prevent harm being done)

  10. #219
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    12,884
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think many fans will be waiting to see the outcome of the forthcoming SPL summit - if they try any funny stuff with a hastilly assembled SPL2 I think we can expect a host of supporters to turn their backs on the game in Scotland out of pure disgust at the two-faced hypocracy of it all.

    If on the other hand, the SPL continue to plow the furrow of sporting integrity then I would expect an upsurge in ST sales around the country as those with the means to do so register their approval at justice being upheld.

    I'm not quite in good enough financial shape to go for a ST at the mo but expect to be registering my approval at the right outcome by heading down the shop and purchasing a new home top and by getting to as many games as possible in the new season.

    I would be utterly amazed if the rumours about a hastilly convened SPL2 did come to fruition - with all that has happenned it would be an exercise in outright stupidity as the SPL clubs would be throwing away at a stroke all of the goodwill and respect built up amongst their supporters as this whole sorry episode has unfolded.
    That would be fantastic BH

    I for one am still a bit sceptical about this happening to any significant level. Its easy to muster fan power when all you need them to do is commit themselves to not spending any money or move away from their keyboards.

    When it comes to spending £20 every other Saturday or walking out of the house into the freezing cold in order to show football your appeciation of its decision to give you what you demanded of it. Or making a commitment to try and save your club from the fallout of the decision you demanded it make.

    Well ... thats a different story.

  11. #220
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,569
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As many people as possible turn up at the first home game, fill the stadium and show "Rangers defunct", Regan and Doncaster that we CAN survive without the cheats.
    18-19,000 at the first home game will show what we can do.
    I will, who else thinks it is worth it.?
    A huge "No to Newco" turnout has been mooted for the first fixture against "Club 12"

    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

  12. #221
    Coaching Staff down-the-slope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East Lothian
    Posts
    10,000
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A huge "No to Newco" turnout has been mooted for the first fixture against "Club 12"


    Which is a great idea...if ever the administrators get round to telling club 12 who they are before the season starts

  13. #222

    9909

    9909 -

    That was our average home attendance last season.

    That's the figure we have to surpass this year to show an increased attendance without Newco.

    Surely we can show Doncaster, Regan, et al that we were right, they were wrong.

    If there was ever a reason or a season to just go along and cheer Hibs on, then this is it.

    Put the last few seasons behind us and, irrespective of performances or results, lets get along and have a higher home attendance this season than last!

    Do whatever it takes, bring a mate, take the kids, hell even drag the wife along!

    9909- we can beat that!

    Glory Glory!

  14. #223
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6

  15. #224
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,331
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6

    But that's where we come in. The more season tickets bought = the more/better players we can sign!

  16. #225
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Helmsley, York
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,063
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6
    Um - I think you're missing the point...

  17. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the clubs needs to sign some decent players and we will get the fans back - what was have now is no where good enough for top 6
    This is bigger than just signing 1 or 2 players. This is 2 fingers up to all that is wrong with the game and has been for years. As above, put results, performances, signings etc aside and just get along and cheer them on!

  18. #227

    lets fill Easter Road for the Hearts game

    Come on guys back Hibs all the way show Regan and Doncaster and the huns we are here to stay.
    Full house for the Hearts game
    No excuses get tickets bought now lets change the atmosphere around club.
    :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

  19. #228
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,096
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Um - I think you're missing the point...
    no I think you are missing the point, the hard core have renewed it the next level that needs enticed, better produce more customers - simply business i'm afraid and unless the team has someone worth watching then i'm afraid the 'full house' signs will not be required

  20. #229
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Gyle
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,331
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no I think you are missing the point, the hard core have renewed it the next level that needs enticed, better produce more customers - simply business i'm afraid and unless the team has someone worth watching then i'm afraid the 'full house' signs will not be required
    What you say is true, however in this thread the poster is forgetting about how we do ourselves in a matter of speak, but saying fans should come out to show the SPL doesn't need Rankers and prove the clowns in charge of the league wrong.

  21. #230
    Testimonial Due hibee92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Tranent
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,613

    new season without 'them'

    With or without Rangers I was renewing my season ticket. I've never included Rangers in my decision to get a season ticket. This isn't an uber-fan thing I just have never thought of them as a club as I bought a season ticket.

    Hibs will always be Hibs.

    Hibs don't need anyone else, especially them.

    I buy a season ticket because I want to see Hibs at Easter Road 19 times in the season regardless of who we play.

    Again this isn't an uber-fan thing. If people don't want to buy a season ticket fair enough, I actually understand why the wouldn't!

    But don't let these horrible bunch change your mind. Make up your own mind, they have no right to decide for anyone.

    Buy a season ticket or don't. Just don't let THEM have the lasy say.

    This fairly drunken post is brought to you by Hibee92.

  22. #231
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    45
    Posts
    46,404
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    There's a thread about Hibs being at risk of going into administration, and another asking for the clubs to do the right thing re sevco, despite the financial hit each club will take.

    In spite of this, it looks a lot like folk would rather we struggled financially until we get better players in. This is just absurd, imho. The only time I can think of the club needing fans to back it more was at the time of the FTB trying to wipe us out.
    Stand Up and Be Counted kept us at Easter Road and the support were there for the club.

    We have to stand up for the club again now. Surely we as a support are not going to watch the club take a huge hit and not play our part in fighting back?

    As someone's posted above, this season it has to go beyond the 11 players on the park. We are backing Hibs and the health of the game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  23. #232
    First Team Breakthrough LioNeilMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mayfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    423
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: soakingdisk795
    Quote Originally Posted by gbur123ukgb View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Come on guys back Hibs all the way show Regan and Doncaster and the huns we are here to stay.
    Full house for the Hearts game
    No excuses get tickets bought now lets change the atmosphere around club.
    :pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

    I was one of the panic merchants that bought a ST for the cup final so I will be there. Although it's too soon after the final and still a heck of a lot of work to do on the team. Therefore I definitely can't see us selling out the first home derby... As long as we FINALLY put in a good shift in against them and beat them I don't care what the Huns or Doncaster thinks about us.

  24. #233
    good point about the final hopefully after another couple of good players in we can start to bannish the hurt of the final i hope the 20k fans come out and back the team this season.
    I think if we can get another couple of good players we may have a good season gk has good pedigree clancy played in team which got to champions league qualifies and cairney was one of best mid players in first divison and will be like pat mcginley for us then there is mcpake he is a quality player as i said another couple and we are looking better as i think claros will be a good player with a preseason.
    Regardless of what has gone before lets get behind the team lets bring back the passionto er where players are not scared to perform

  25. #234
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    15,211
    What I think scares your Regans, Doncasters, Traynors etc is the SPL doing ok without Rangers, I think that will worry them more than it failing.

  26. #235
    Aberdeen are apparently going all out to try and get a sell out for their first game.

    Forget the fact its Hearts and if you can afford it and can make it then get yourself along. Hibs need every single fan we can get right now, and if we win the taunting will bother you a whole lot less.

  27. #236
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    19,685
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a thread about Hibs being at risk of going into administration, and another asking for the clubs to do the right thing re sevco, despite the financial hit each club will take.

    In spite of this, it looks a lot like folk would rather we struggled financially until we get better players in. This is just absurd, imho. The only time I can think of the club needing fans to back it more was at the time of the FTB trying to wipe us out.
    Stand Up and Be Counted kept us at Easter Road and the support were there for the club.

    We have to stand up for the club again now. Surely we as a support are not going to watch the club take a huge hit and not play our part in fighting back?

    As someone's posted above, this season it has to go beyond the 11 players on the park. We are backing Hibs and the health of the game.

    Now is the time for supporters to start supporting the club needs us more than ever. What happened in the past is gone now we everyone pulling in the same direction

  28. #237
    Testimonial Due edinburghhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Kinlochleven
    Posts
    1,308
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Right here is my view on this, and the tin hat is strapped on tight!

    I think that the people who call themselves supporters and come out with the lines "get better players in an i'll come back" are just looking for that excuse not to bother there arse.

    Supporters go to games regardless of what's gone on the last few years. Yes cash is hard to spare these days and I have no issue with this excuse but the "better product" excuse is for glory hunting members of our support who turn up to hampden and claim to be the best supporters around.

    We are the people who have told our club that we will come and buy season tickets in our droves should clubs do the correct thing and have the rangers placed in div 3. You look threw most of the threats regarding this subject and you'll see how many made this claim.

    Yet I bet we haven't shifted many more season tickets. if Petrie is trying to get the rangers back to the spl through other means now it's because we the support didn't stand by our word to support the club in their time of need.

    We need to stand up and be counted not to prove the Huns, Doncaster, regan, or smith wrong but to show the board we are serious about supporting the hibees.

    Rant over!

  29. #238
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    12,884
    Quote Originally Posted by c31 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no I think you are missing the point, the hard core have renewed it the next level that needs enticed, better produce more customers - simply business i'm afraid and unless the team has someone worth watching then i'm afraid the 'full house' signs will not be required
    I dont think you are missing the point C31.

    I think you are just ignoring it. In normal circumstances the result of our last few seasons should be a dwindling home support and you couldnt really be surprised at that.

    But as we are all aware there is now a bigger issue, a bigger picture, this has become about making sure that full time professional football continues in Scotland ..... There is a risk that even if clubs dont go bust, that some clubs may have to go part time ... if that happens to Dundee Utd, Killie, St Mirren, St Johnstone then our league will certainly be devalued.

    To me for all that folk have been lining up to have a pop at the quality of our game over the last number of years, it has always been a matter of pride that a wee country like Scotland can sustain so many full time clubs.

    In order to maintain that and to give our clubs the best chance to get through this crisis, the folk who say they support the game have to do just that ..... support it. We can get back to normal fan stuff like not going to games coz the team is crap at a later date.

  30. #239
    @hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    No longer a city dweller
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,217
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    I can't afford a season ticket, I'm not sure how many walk up games I'll be able to afford but I'll get to as many as I can. I plan to support the club in any other way I can though; I'll be getting a subscription for Hibernian TV, I'll be spending a bit cash in the club store next time I can get there, and if a membership scheme is offered again I'll be taking it up. The club deserve our backing any way we can right now, no matter how big or small that is.

  31. #240
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,471
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But that's where we come in. The more season tickets bought = the more/better players we can sign!
    Chicken and Egg stuff.

    The club cannot keep expecting the fans to step up with £400 for a season ticket. We have a massive opportunity to claim 2nd place this season and play CL football next year.

    IMO the club need to go into some manageable debt and invest in playing squad, rather than PF budget only being based on how many STs we shift.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)