hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate. I ahve not a clue which clubs are like this. I am a Hibs supporter. How many 3rd division grounds do you think I could have been at since they brought in segregation? Bear in mind segregation never used to occur at all. Maybe that is the way it would be. To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a flying one whether they segregate for the hun or not. I was merely pointing out that I think very few of them, not just teh Shire, have the ability to do so. Cups would not be forfeired they aould move to a bigger ground if they wanted to. Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st.
    Every season a small club, maybe from the 3rd division are drawn at home to one of the bigots. We then hear how great it is for that team, and how it will keep them going for another season or 2.

How do these club manage to stage these games without segregation, and why are they so grateful for the draw?

I cant remember any of these games being switched to a different ground, although i'm happy to be corrected?

Another scare story to add to the others that are just not true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate. I ahve not a clue which clubs are like this. I am a Hibs supporter. How many 3rd division grounds do you think I could have been at since they brought in segregation? Bear in mind segregation never used to occur at all. Maybe that is the way it would be. To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a flying one whether they segregate for the hun or not. I was merely pointing out that I think very few of them, not just teh Shire, have the ability to do so. Cups would not be forfeired they aould move to a bigger ground if they wanted to. Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st.
    Annan Athletic
    Berwick Rangers
    Clyde
    East Stirlingshire
    Elgin City
    Montrose
    Peterhead
    Queen's Park
    Stirling Albion
    Stranraer

These are the Division 3 teams, many of which have hosted the OF in the past so think it is a nonsense argument to be made for Rangers not being put in bottom division. They even get a chance to go to Hampden.

I think rod is up to his usual tricks. He's obviously seen we're set for a big loss from the free OF tickets to season ticket holders so he's voted them out to make a big saving.

Poor show in my opinion

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Every season a small club, maybe from the 3rd division are drawn at home to one of the bigots. We then hear how great it is for that team, and how it will keep them going for another season or 2.

How do these club manage to stage these games without segregation, and why are they so grateful for the draw?

I cant remember any of these games being switched to a different ground, although i'm happy to be corrected?

Another scare story to add to the others that are just not true.
    Those cup ties are almost always televised, which means about £100K from Sky. They wash their face on the gate less security costs, the TV money is the profit. If Rangers were in SFL3 there would be no bonanza for the other clubs, because the games wouldn't be on live television.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.
    Sorry mate i doubt you have been speaking to a Shire official and if you have he doesn't know much about his own club! Shire share facilities with Stenhousemuir at Ochilview which has perfect segregation in place.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Those cup ties are almost always televised, which means about £100K from Sky. They wash their face on the gate less security costs, the TV money is the profit. If Rangers were in SFL3 there would be no bonanza for the other clubs, because the games wouldn't be on live television.
    I never thought of that, although because of demand a new TV deal for the SFL would be made, and i'd hazard a guess there might be TV at their games?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I agree they have the choice either a very small all ticket crowd or if logistically an issue move their home games v Rangers to a larger ground such as Falkirk in East Stirling's case. I would have thought that Rangers being in Div 3 would have been a massive bonus for these teams and surprised that may not appear to be the case. The main issue of course is that they will have less chance of promotion because of Gers in league.

Jim - I find this odd.

Most of us don't want Sevco 5088 in the SPL...what makes people suddenly think that having them in Div 3 would be positive for that league?

The nice family atmosphere their fans will create / the increased policing costs / the smell of *ish from every one of clubs small town doorways / the chance to be fall guys in a version of football similar to WWF / safety changes and costs that may only be needed for one season...I could go on...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by down-the-slope View Post
    Jim - I find this odd.

Most of us don't want Sevco 5088 in the SPL...what makes people suddenly think that having them in Div 3 would be positive for that league?

The nice family atmosphere their fans will create / the increased policing costs / the smell of *ish from every one of clubs small town doorways / the chance to be fall guys in a version of football similar to WWF / safety changes and costs that may only be needed for one season...I could go on...
    No doubt the clubs would need to have a peg on their nose while playing them however I would have thought that they would make a reasonable profit on these games especially if there is a tv deal attached. Some of these clubs only get 2 or 300 at games so to get Rangers twice at their ground in a season could see them right for a few years I would have thought.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate.
    My apologies. I thought the jist of your post was that if they couldn't segregate they couldn't host.

Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st.
    Okay.

Unsure about Annan, Elgin and Peterhead. The rest can segregate.
    The obvious choices would seem to be Inverness or Aberdeen for Elgin or Peterhead, although their stadiums look like they could be segregated by housing home fans in the stands. Annan might be a bit harder, but they are close to the motorway and Motherwell/Hamilton might be possible, although Carlisle is the closest.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Think people are missing the point of my post. I was merely pointing out that if the Chairman of the Shire had a problem with segregation then so would others. As I said previously I could not give a flying one about the 3rd 2nd or even 1st division and how they segregate or otherwise their grounds.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59
    And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Great post. Some here can't see the trees for the woods
    Not sure what you mean Kev.
    Rangers debt was effectively wiped the day that they went into Administration, so they were always going to be stronger, regardless of which division they are playing in (if any) this season. Not much anyone could have said or done about that, it was taken out of everyones hands while the Administrators slowly dismantled the horrendous mess.
    If and when they return to the SPL they may well come back stronger than they were before Administration, but I'm not convinced it will be by much. I don't think that there are many that are thinking they are out, now back to business as usual. There will be rule changes, there will be a better distribution of money and fans have been pushing for league construction for a while now, so that's not going to suddenly stop.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

@hibs.net private member

Buy Your Season Ticket Now - Your Club Needs You!

Sevco into Division 3 - for those who want to and can afford it now is the time to put the the last season and Rangers situation behind us and support the club we all love, Hibernian.

This...

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Sevco into Division 3 - for those who want to and can afford it now is the time to put the the last season and Rangers situation behind us and support the club we all love, Hibernian.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Nah sure some will find anothee excuse not to renew
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Agree with this, but be prepared for a few more twists and turns before this is concluded. Gonna get bump.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Was made redundant three weeks ago. Soon as I'm back in work I'll be down at ER to join the party

If this decision is not contested and an attempt made to put NewCo into SPL / SPL2, I'm going to buy my Dad and Niece STs for the coming season.

He said he wouldn't be back if they got off lightly.

Time to support Hibernian.

Get your ST's and give Nutsy the funds he needs.

GGTTH.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    Nah sure some will find anothee excuse not to renew
    Correct my excuse is I've not renewed for the first time in 15 years because i'm still not over the cup final and will wait to see what Hibs are doing this summer after years of garbage on the pitch. Hibs owe the fans big style.

The situation at the Huns was never going to affect whether I get a season ticket or not.

Testimonial Due
    I'm not going back until both Doncaster and Regan are removed from office.

My boycott started off with "No Newco in SPL".

Then quickly moved onto "No Newco in Div 1".

Running out of ideas for the next excuse not to attend.........

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post

Running out of ideas for the next excuse not to attend

No NewCo in SFL3?

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Correct my excuse is I've not renewed for the first time in 15 years because i'm still not over the cup final and will wait to see what Hibs are doing this summer after years of garbage on the pitch. Hibs owe the fans big style.

The situation at the Huns was never going to affect whether I get a season ticket or not.
    Players that you want to see at ER cannot be brought in without people committing to Season Tickets. People who are waiting for the season to start are doing no good to the club when they finally do renew as the ST money was intended solely for transfers. It's time for so called "supporters" who can afford it to support their club regardless of situation and help Hibs to bring in the quality of players that Hibs need and deserve.

Well it should do. If you don't understand why then there is little hope.

Spot on, everthing here is similar to my thinking

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Hibs View Post

Running out of ideas for the next excuse not to attend.........
    The weather.....

Pity I can't make tomorrow but even more so looking forward to Belgium and the start of the season.

Jobs not over yet though, next out has to be Regan and Doncaster!

Won't be buying a season ticket for pure cost reasons, but I'm delighted that I'm able to continue attending games.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CabbagePatch View Post
    Players that you want to see at ER cannot be brought in without people committing to Season Tickets. People who are waiting for the season to start are doing no good to the club when they finally do renew as the ST money was intended solely for transfers. It's time for so called "supporters" who can afford it to support their club regardless of situation and help Hibs to bring in the quality of players that Hibs need and deserve.
    Motherwell, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness & St Mirren all finished above us and none were humiliated by their rivals; And if you believe the Hibs board all on budgets inferior to ours...Get off your high horse - the club have a lot of making up to do, not the fans.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CabbagePatch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    Motherwell, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Inverness & St Mirren all finished above us and none were humiliated by their rivals; And if you believe the Hibs board all on budgets inferior to ours...Get off your high horse - the club have a lot of making up to do, not the fans.
    I can fully understand both arguements here and neither are wrong IMO.
    My own position is and always, I will be a PATG supporter simply because I will be missing at least 3 home games and a season ticket is not value for money based on that. I know the club desperately need our cash but unfortunately I am not a charity financer, I am desperately needing my cash too.

As for the SEVCO decision, whilst pleased that they will be in div 3 as it stands, I doubt we have heard the last of this escapade.

Please form a Q for your ST

Well peeps we got what we wanted lets buy our ST and get behind the team the board and Pray to god its better than last year