hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88

Time to back the club now that it has done the decent thing

"The Board believes it is time for all fair minded supporters to get behind their clubs and to contribute in whatever way they can to the viability of the professional game in Scotland."

The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!
    Last edited by Part/Time Supporter; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!

Time to back the club now that it has done the decent thing

OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

Time indeed for all Hibs supporters to get behind the club. We should expect queues for season tickets this week. Time to shake off last season and back the club, now that they have done the right thing.

ditto................:-)
    Last edited by SAUZEH; 24-06-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: merged thread

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I

Arrow

Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Swear filter bypass!

I'm going to do what I can - have nothing spare this month but end July will be donating somehow

Membership / boot sponsorship or something similar

Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Mmm doubt it...
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Swearing portion of original post removed

Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Could this be a little nasty trick RPhas up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets them vote no on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Petrie is not a liar. His consistency (often under pressure) is one of his better qualities.
    Last edited by HNA4; 24-06-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Swearing portion of original post removed

Left by mutual consent!
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Make money? Hibs don't make money they're losing it....
    You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.
    Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.
    It's tae dae with the right thing being done by Scottish fitba as a whole. This decision for me is bigger than what Hibs decide though they have as expected done absolutely the right thing.. The huns either start at the bottom or no at all as far as I'm concerned. Would we be having all this nonsense about league reconstruction if it wisnae tae try and weasel them in further up? Would we ****. If it was any team out with the OF it would have been done and dusted already and they would have been booted. I absolutely agree that Scottish fitba needs change but it shouldnae be getting done simply as a way tae get the cheats off the hook. Whatever the set up if they arenae at the bottom then it's game over for me.
    Last edited by Saorsa; 24-06-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Then I think you hate the Huns more than you love Hibs.

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    Then I think you hate the Huns more than you love Hibs.

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.
    and I couldnae give a tinkers cuss what you think.

Left by mutual consent!
    It's tae dae with the right thing being done by Scottish fitba as a whole. This decision for me is bigger than what Hibs decide though they have as expected done absolutely the right thing.. The huns either start at the bottom or no at all as far as I'm concerned. Would we be having all this nonsense about league reconstruction if it wisnae tae try and weasel them in further up? Would we ****. If it was any team out with the OF it would have been done and dusted already and they would have been booted. I absolutely agree that Scottish fitba needs change but it shouldnae be getting done simply as a way tae get the cheats off the hook. Whatever the set up if they arenae at the bottom then it's game over for me.
    So you'll be a no then - fair do's.

First Team Breakthrough Nevi1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Spanish Rab
    Season ticket will be bought this weekend.

Well done RP and hibs

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    So you'll be a no then - fair do's.
    I will be a yes and renew when the right thing is done by all.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.
    Last edited by The Green Goblin; 24-06-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    and I couldnae give a tinkers cuss what you think.
    Shouldnae have replied then

What's a tinkers cuss?

Hibs have done the right thing and it will not affect whether I go to 1 game or 38.

We've been one of the most vocal clubs since this whole saga started regarding our stance. I can't get a season but will be a regular walk-up and feel damn proud of my club. I would have went anyway but now I actually feel like they are listening and we are actually cut from the same cloth.

Rangers wont be playing in the top division next season so who knows...second is the new third!

A Scottish cup and second place finish will do me!

"The right thing" ..... well the only thing that they could possibly do or the backlash would have been massive - so you could say the common sense decision.

Still a long way to go to getting more fans back to ER and a bit of a cheek in that statement asking for more money when Hibs fans have backed their team more than anyone in the league over the last few terrible seasons.

These are the key areas moving forward

1. Using ST money to bring in better / committed / consistent performers

2. The other SPL clubs making the correct choice and hopefully putting sevco down to Div 3 - Div 1 isn't good enough.

I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    "The right thing" ..... well the only thing that they could possibly do or the backlash would have been massive - so you could say the common sense decision.

Still a long way to go to getting more fans back to ER and a bit of a cheek in that statement asking for more money when Hibs fans have backed their team more than anyone in the league over the last few terrible seasons.

These are the key areas moving forward

1. Using ST money to bring in better / committed / consistent performers

2. The other SPL clubs making the correct choice and hopefully putting sevco down to Div 3 - Div 1 isn't good enough.

I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going.
    wot he said

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.

Whilst I think most of us understand that sentiment and have an unflinching desire to see the Huns treated per the rules, there is only so much influence our club can wield. Hibs and other clubs are making it clear to their fans that they need financial backing more so than ever in view of voting No.

If there is some sort of fudge and SevCo do not start as a new applicant to Div 3, then effectively your position (if replicated by all Hibs fans) would ultimately see Hibs go bust and disappear. That I don't get.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    I have already renewed for next season but i'm still a bit concerned about the whole league reconstruction thing. it seems they SPL/SFA/SFL are willing to move the goalposts to accomodate them, or am i being paranoid

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    I have already renewed for next season but i'm still a bit concerned about the whole league reconstruction thing. it seems they SPL/SFA/SFL are willing to move the goalposts to accomodate them, or am i being paranoid
    Seems like exactly what they are trying. Little point in the clubs doing the right thing when those running (ruining) the game are hell bent on trying tae find a way tae get them off the hook as lightly as possible by bending and changing the rules or even altering the whole bloody set up. As I said earlier I think change is needed but it should be getting done because it's needed, no as a method of trying tae get the cheats off the hook. Lets see the huns in the 3rd division first then we'll see if these is such an appetite from the authorities tae make those same changes. This whole episode is a total embarrassment tae fitba in this country and those involved are a disgrace.

I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

You know what I ment? Cash in the keep the Huns in?

I highly doubt it, but I have a sneaky suspicion.
    Yeah I knew what you meant, total pish - 'cash in' Hibs aren't a big business that are fleecing people.

if someone wanted to 'cash in' they would be in a different business