hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    @hibs.net private member
    We all need to back our club. The merchants of doom are predicting the game is finished but it is up to us as fans to prove them wrong. For me it's straight forward back our team and directors who have put us fans first for a change. If sky pull out then we hit back at them if the SFA try to noble the vote we hit back at them. This is our time to take the game back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Old Firm are not a big draw for Hibs fans. An early OF game at ER tends to pack in a decent Hibs support, when new season optimism is high. In subsequent games however, there are often far less Hibs fans than there would be for games against M'well, A'deen, DU etc, the crowd inflated by a full away end.

This is because few supporters enjoy witnessing the ugly triumphalism of a sectarian, cheating bigot fest.

This to me is that fundamental lie about the drawing power of Rangers. They (and Celtic) drive away as many decent fans per season as they bring to games.

Very true Bob - something that is starkly demonstrated by the widespread tendency of parents NOT to take their younger kids along to games vs the OF for fear of exposing them to the threat of violence as well as the whole nauseating bileous bigot fest which unfailingly unfolds.

Thank you telling me something that I am already aware of.My reply was to "Just simply Hibs" when he was asking for Hibs fans to fill E.R.. I said that he was deluded if he thought that would happen and I asked him what the opposition in his opinion would be for this to happen. I then quoted the three on paper biggest games of the season saying that we cant get anywhere near full capacity whilst playing these games.I am of the opinion that we will never see a full E.R. no matter who the opposition is.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a thread about Hibs being at risk of going into administration, and another asking for the clubs to do the right thing re sevco, despite the financial hit each club will take.

In spite of this, it looks a lot like folk would rather we struggled financially until we get better players in. This is just absurd, imho. The only time I can think of the club needing fans to back it more was at the time of the FTB trying to wipe us out.
    Stand Up and Be Counted kept us at Easter Road and the support were there for the club.

We have to stand up for the club again now. Surely we as a support are not going to watch the club take a huge hit and not play our part in fighting back?

As someone's posted above, this season it has to go beyond the 11 players on the park. We are backing Hibs and the health of the game.
    It seems some folk are determined to bury their heads in the sand over this when it's really pretty straight forward. Hibs - and all the other SPL clubs - will have to see a significant boost in attendances merely to stand still financially this coming season.

As for putting a decent team on the park we will have to hope that Fenlon can pull a few quality rabbits out of his hat, but one thing is certain - fans who decide to withold their support are dramatically reducing his chances of doing so.

Anyone hanging on to the chicken and egg argument really needs to wake up and smell the coffee - if they aint prepared to feed the chicken then all they can be sure of is that Fenlon will have a smaller quantity of lower grade eggs with which to prepare their omelette.

Assuming that lot are still in div 3 tomorrow night you can be sure that the goalposts will be moved again and the next reason for not buying a ST, or going to the games, will be wanting to know what Petrie's involvement has been.

I do believe in backing the club although they certainly haven't done the 'decent thing' they've done anything but the decent thing

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    I do believe in backing the club although they certainly haven't done the 'decent thing' they've done anything but the decent thing
    Garbage. They voted to exclude Sevco from the SPL which is exactly what was originally demanded. Regan quite rightly got a lot of flak for talking down Scottish football. Ironic really that a lot of his critics on here will quite happily talk their own club down all the time.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Garbage. They voted to exclude Sevco from the SPL which is exactly what was originally demanded. Regan quite rightly got a lot of flak for talking down Scottish football. Ironic really that a lot of his critics on here will quite happily talk their own club down all the time.
    They voted tae exclude sevco from the SPL but tried tae bully them in tae the 1st division, that's no quite the same thing.

I will be back and I will have a season ticket when and only when I see those fixtures published with them in the 3rd division and there is absolutely nae room for any further other underhand maneuvering. I wouldnae trust any of these ***** as far as I could throw a grand piano and that includes Petrie, I wouldnae believe them if they telt me it was Sunday today.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Assuming that lot are still in div 3 tomorrow night you can be sure that the goalposts will be moved again and the next reason for not buying a ST, or going to the games, will be wanting to know what Petrie's involvement has been.
    Mikey, i read this web site every day, and maybe its me, but i dont see anyone moving the goalposts?

Its another of these if you say it enough times, it becomes a fact?

What i have seen is the club chairmen of every club reacting to the pressure put on them, by enough supporters not willing to put up with those in authority trying to bully and brain wash us into accepting something akin to the WWF.

As i said before, if you were happy with that, then fine, but i'm glad, and proud enough of us actually had enough of a backbone to stand up to these idiots running the game, and were not prepared to accept being bent over and buggered, then expected to pay for it too.

Dont get me wrong, i love going to the football, its the best day of the week, but i was not prepared to go KNOWING it was fixed.

The next stage is coming up, the restructuring of the game from top to bottom, we still at this minute in time, have the same crooks running the game. Perhaps fan power can change that too, i hope they can?

Doing nothing is not an option, in fact its adding to the problem in my opinion. The fans, well some of them have shown the way forward, its time for us all to have our voices heard, and get these changes the game needs, for the better of everyone.

Forget the bigots , english seeking want to levers.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It's the duplicity of Rod Petrie I'm referring to

http://blogs.channel4.com/alex-thoms...ked-email/2305

Doesn't matter what role he was fulfilling at the time in my opinion - he's a fundamental part of running Hibernian Football Club

Coaching Staff

Doesn't matter what role he was fulfilling at the time in my opinion - he's a fundamental part of running Hibernian Football Club
    Unless of course Rod is seen, or sees himself, as the next Chief Executive of the SFA (or new body). Which I think he does (and others do too).

I was a supporter of Rod until two seasons ago when I thought he hid behind statements, many of which were economical with the truth, and when he steadfastly refused to accept real blame for Hibs' poor position and mismanagement. Regards the Rangers fiasco, I think he is being found out, and quelle suprise, silent. He only speaks when wanting something - more often than not, fans paying more money, due to his (and staffs) poor management.

Last three years the football has been poor, the discipline has been poor, the recruitment has been poor, the finances have been poor.

He should have stood down, or aside, after the Calderwood bungle.

Hibernian need a fresh approach, a new energy behind the scenes, and innovative and aggressive marketing. Rod, like the team, is stale. Both Hibs and Rod need a fresh challenge IMHO.

@hibs.net private member

And have Rangers benefitted from any of this alleged duplicity?

What has been leaked is an email in which the Chief executive asked if RP "could" brief CG so that there were "no surprises". Other posters have pointed out why RP was the man for this or, alternatively, could someone explain how Rangers have benefitted from RP's involvement?

It appears that we have all got the outcome we wanted but it still seems that Petrie is to blame.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    And have Rangers benefitted from any of this alleged duplicity?

What has been leaked is an email in which the Chief executive asked if RP "could" brief CG so that there were "no surprises". Other posters have pointed out why RP was the man for this or, alternatively, could someone explain how Rangers have benefitted from RP's involvement?

It appears that we have all got the outcome we wanted but it still seems that Petrie is to blame.
    There would have been nae need for any meetings and there would have been "nae surprises" for anybody if they'd all stuck tae the rules that were in place instead of scheming.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    There would have been nae need for any meetings and there would have been "nae surprises" for anybody if they'd all stuck tae the rules that were in place instead of scheming.
    The problem is there aren't any hard and fast rules to cover insolvencies. It's just Scottish custom and practice that liquidated teams have to start again (Third Lanark, Clydebank, Airdrie, Gretna). That's why you have clubs voting on each proposal. If there were rules specifically covering what has happened then the only vote would have been amongst SFL clubs to determine who filled the SFL3 vacancy. If it hadn't been for the pressure by us fans (and this cackhanded scheme led by Regan to place them in SFL1) then they would have been voted into the SPL with some sanctions attached.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm with you all the way, but its clear to me, Doncaster and Regan have been hell bent on getting newco firstly into the SPL, then when that didnt work, into Div 1. Now i have no way of telling if Petrie has been behind their moves, but i can only go with the facts.

He's also been on the inside, perhaps using his influence to get the results we see today. As i say, i can only go with the facts as i see them at present, and i have not seen one piece of evidence that tells me Petrie has backed any of what those pair of clowns have said and tried to implement.

The position he's in with the SFA, gives him the platform to speak on this, i may be wrong but silence can sometimes be a good thing too, its not always a sign of guilt?

They voted tae exclude sevco from the SPL but tried tae bully them in tae the 1st division, that's no quite the same thing.

I will be back and I will have a season ticket when and only when I see those fixtures published with them in the 3rd division and there is absolutely nae room for any further other underhand maneuvering. I wouldnae trust any of these ***** as far as I could throw a grand piano and that includes Petrie, I wouldnae believe them if they telt me it was Sunday today.
    This is where I'm at.

I want Petrie to explain his actions in this debacle, and I want Doncaster and Regan removed from office. To me, they are just as much cheats as David Murray and co, just a little less competent and ambitious. I doubt their can be any faith in the footballing authorities until they've gone. And I say this because most people still believe that they are actively conspiring to circumvent the democratic vote and push the Huns further up the footballing structure, by any possible means.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    At the end of the day, we can't have a chairman at our club who is stuck in 2 minds about this fiasco. We need a chairman who is for the benefit of the club and the long term benefit of the game.

Theres currently no hard proof to tell us where RP stands when wearing his SFA hat. Although I would like to think that it doesn't differ from the Hibs one.

He has to have his own opinion and stick with his own opinion, regardless of what role he is playing in. He can't allow his work to influence his opinions and decisions.

He's made his stance quite clear (for the club) and I would hope that its a stance that he genuinely believes in and will stand by throughout all of this.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I'm with you all the way, but its clear to me, Doncaster and Regan have been hell bent on getting newco firstly into the SPL, then when that didnt work, into Div 1. Now i have no way of telling if Petrie has been behind their moves, but i can only go with the facts.

He's also been on the inside, perhaps using his influence to get the results we see today. As i say, i can only go with the facts as i see them at present, and i have not seen one piece of evidence that tells me Petrie has backed any of what those pair of clowns have said and tried to implement.

The position he's in with the SFA, gives him the platform to speak on this, i may be wrong but silence can sometimes be a good thing too, its not always a sign of guilt?
    This