hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 258
  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

    If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

    We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?



  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRS
    Posts
    12,077
    I've said it before and it's worth repeating - I have no problem with them entering the Scottish Football League in Division One providing they are ineligible for promotion for the first two seasons, thus keeping them from the SPL for the same three year period that would happen if they started in Division Three.

    Having nothing to play for might also hurt their attendences and finances in those two seasons, which would ease the problem marinello59 has raised.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.
    Great post. Some here can't see the trees for the woods

  5. #124
    From St. Johnstone's website:

    It is important that a clear and unambiguous message goes out from the custodians of Scottish Football that this sort of scenario should never be allowed to happen again.

    As a result, St Johnstone Football Club will not support an application by newco Rangers to join the SPL.

    We would urge all St Johnstone fans to get behind the Club and offer their support in the challenging season which lies ahead.

    Like I said above, all SPL football clubs really do need their support to get behind them and support them financially this coming season. If they don't, they may not have a football club.

  6. #125
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dłn Éideann, Alba
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good for you
    yeah, it is good for me

  7. #126
    Today is a good day to be a Hibby.

  8. #127
    Old Codger Hibstorian Jonnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    70
    Posts
    32,769
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.
    I agree with this.

    There are fans on here who said at the end of last season they wouldn't renew because the team wasn't worth watching. Some of those fans have now jumped on the "Huns in Div 3" bandwagon and said they won't renew until this happens to Rangers. As someone posted earlier, it seems at times as though some fans look for reasons not to renew and latch onto them.

    I hate the hun with a passion and if it were up to me they'd just be wound up and join Third Lanark, Clydebank etc but I'm a Hibs fan more than a hun hater and that's why I'll be going to support my team.
    Last edited by Jonnyboy; 25-06-2012 at 09:18 PM.
    This is how it feels

  9. #128
    Testimonial Due joe breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhurst Hill, Essex
    Posts
    4,774
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Season ticket bought weeks before the cup final, yip i want to boycott the club and i'm dead against backing the club.
    Not you

    Some who're saying that Hibs are still pish so I'll still no go back but were also saying Hibs better vote no or I'll boycott type stuff

    I won't be buying a season ticket - I live in Essex but I'll make sure I contribute more than I would have

  10. #129
    Coaching Staff jgl07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Merchiston
    Posts
    7,808
    For me the dealbreaker was that Rangers should not be in the SPL next season. This now appears to be assured.

    I am not over concerned if the SFL are bribed by Sky to bend their rules to let Rangers into Division One. I think it is far more likely that they will end up in Division Three or not play at all in 2012-13.

    I agree it is time to get behind Hibs and also to get behind the likes of St Johnstone, Dundee United, and Aberdeen by travelling to away matches in numbers.

    Hopefully there will be an increase in attendances next season.

    Fan power forced certain clubs to over-rule the bean counters. Fan power now needs to mobilize those who pick their matches to come more often.

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,837
    Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

    We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?
    Given the crowds at Easter Road since the 60's, I'm guessing that's a rhetorical question.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  12. #131
    Next season and the next few seasons will be the most important period in Scottish football for a long time. The media and all who think Scottish football cannot survive without Rangers would love to point to SPL clubs struggling and in crisis. Now is the time to show that we dont need them and that the game can be stronger with a more level playing field. The SPL, SFL, SFA, club boards all have a part to play, but so do all fans to show support and to continue making our feelings known

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,837
    If clubs do go to the wall or even if the whole of Scottish football itself goes down the drain, it will ALL be Rangers' fault.

    They caused this not the other SPL clubs.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  14. #133
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    698
    Well done hibs! With that announcement me and another friend are going to get ourselves a season ticket for the east stand next season, delighted with that announcement! I said i wouldn't come back after that final for a long time but hibs have stood up to the old firm from the very beginning and it really is now more than ever that our club needs us! Together we can make hibs stronger than ever before so lets do it and who knows maybe without the h*ns we can give it a go!

  15. #134
    @hibs.net private member tamsonsbairn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    easter road
    Age
    68
    Posts
    276

    support the HIBEES

    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.
    Well GG I don't know about you but there is and has been only Three True Loves in my life, sadly two didn't work out as I hoped they would, but the Third has always been, deep down the one that I will never lose my love for, guess who that Old Lady is, correct Hibernian FC. Yes they have let me down many a time in my 47 years of this love affair. At the end of the day the old saying go's you can divorce as many wives as you like but you only ever love ONE football club. As for your statement that we are being asked to forget the Horror Show from last season, where in Rods statement does he say this or are you putting words into his mouth. If you feel you are being shafted then by all means stay away from the club, and yes I am one of the ones who has renewed my brief for next season, and no I didn't have to bend over and wait for any shafting as you so eloquently phrase it. Also you say, Rod's statement along with all the other chairmen of clubs who have voted to punt the Gers into whatever league doesn't change a damn thing, after the 4th July it is out of the hands of the SPL chairmen, it will be up to the chairman of the SFL to vote on wether the Gers start in the 3rd or as it seems may be the case the SFL1. Please give Pat Fenlon a chance to see what he can or even can't bring to the table and we will take it from there. This is a time when your club needs your wholehearted support, if you feel you cannot give it to them then as I have said previously stay away.:pfgwa

  16. #135
    Testimonial Due mca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eyemouth..
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,163
    After Decades of the Weegies Running things.... !!!!


    Hibs Have Stood Up To Be Counted Against Them..
    . Now They Need Our Help.. More Than Ever..

  17. #136
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,839
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    I'll be back at ER this season after being away from it last year. I sincerely hope that we can all get behind the club, now more than ever. Whilst the green half of Glasgow may well run away with the title next year, our club needs to be one of the main voices in having things changed with regards to the league. First things first - get rid of Donkey Doncaster - the man desperately tried to keep the Huns and knows nothing about the game, a man with knowledge and passion for the Scottish game needs to be put in charge of our top league. A change in the voting structure also needs to be put forward as one of the most important issues.

    In a few years time we may well have a truly competitive league.

    GGTTH


  18. #137
    Testimonial Due brydekirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    1,608
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally .... somebody who can see the big picture
    Agree, great post.

  19. #138
    @hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with this.

    There are fans on here who said at the end of last season they wouldn't renew because the team wasn't worth watching. Some of those fans have now jumped on the "Huns in Div 3" bandwagon and said they won't renew until this happens to Rangers. As someone posted earlier, it seems at times as though some fans look for reasons not to renew and latch onto them.

    I hate the hun with a passion and if it were up to me they'd just be wound up and join Third Lanark, Clydebank etc but I'm a Hibs fan more than a hun hater and that's why I'll be going to support my team.
    Absolutely spot on! Don't look for excuses, get behind the team and the others that have committed to voting no or the SPL could implode next year

  20. #139
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    13,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    yeah, it is good for me

    Ach ... yer right sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ... I take it back.

    What I meant to say was summed up perfectly by Marinello59 in his post.

    There will be some folk who fall into the all or nothing camp on this one. I just hope that the vast majority of supporters round Scotland fall into the 'lets look to the future camp'

  21. #140
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dłn Éideann, Alba
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ach ... yer right sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ... I take it back.

    What I meant to say was summed up perfectly by Marinello59 in his post.

    There will be some folk who fall into the all or nothing camp on this one. I just hope that the vast majority of supporters round Scotland fall into the 'lets look to the future camp'
    I have nae wish tae stop going tae the fitba, I was even talking tae my mate yesterday tae see what seats were available near him for season ticket purchase as I still hope the right thing will be done by all following on from what the SPL clubs have done and I will be at the fitba. I winnae however stand for any subverting of the rules or any attempts tae treat this club differently from any other, that's just how I feel and that's no going tae change.

  22. #141
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    King of the road
    Posts
    2,394
    It's not about Rangers for me

    It's not about how much money we spend.

    All I would like to see us do is get back on the right path again.

    We as a football club have lost our way the last few seasons.

    I go to Easter Road to enjoy myself, I'm hoping the players will try and entertain me and the thousands of others who work hard all week and need something to take their minds off all the doom and gloom that's happening in the world right now.

    Eleven guys trying to play the right way would do for me.

    Will I buy a ST?

    I'm not convinced ER will be a happy place again next season with or without Rangers.

    I'll probably go to some games, my decision to go again soon after is usually based on how much I enjoyed the last game.

    I'll never give up going, I just want to be entertained.

    Is that too much to ask?

  23. #142
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    41,488
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.
    Whats stopping them moving the league games to Falkirk?

    While I wont be happy if Rangers dont get put down to Division 3 that isnt in Hibs gift to control that decision. What does need to happen though is for the SPL teams to radically change the shape and voting structure of the league while Rangers are not in it. I am sure you will get the usual posturing from the other cheek but it is vital that a fairer playing field is now delivered.

    The second part is for as many Hibs fans (and fans of the other teams) to support the club as possible as you can be sure that the compromised journos like Traynor et al would like noting more than the non-OF teams struggling. This is massive in Scottish football however it is up to the fans to come in more numbers and also provide an entertaining and competitive brand of football.

    Get along and buy season tickets if you can, get along to as many games as possible and buy more stuff out of the club shop.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 26-06-2012 at 11:00 AM.

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    48
    Posts
    27,490
    I ink it's time to start trying to think a bit more positively about the current opportunities.

    We've been rubbish, no getting away from it but we now have a bit of leeway to get the right players in to the club.

    IF we can do that, and we all start at zero again now, we have a great opportunity to fight for second place and to compete in both cups.

    Scottish football must surely now change in terms of the voting and money distribution so we should be seeing this as the possible start of a good period.

    Let's face it, some of the other clubs are going to struggle with their own budget and stadium issues and so we are well place to be a major player.

    That said we have to take this opportunity to sort out what happens on the pitch. What's done is done and we need to stop dwelling on our poor form and let this new team and new management begin with our positive support.

    I hope those that were posturing about supporting Hibs more if Rangers were dealt with follow through with it.

  25. #144
    Coaching Staff Lucius Apuleius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In the west travelling east.
    Age
    67
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheBull1875
    [QUOTE=JimBHibees;3275166]Whats stopping them moving the league games to Falkirk?

    QUOTE]

    Think the Shire could be used as an analogy for all the lower division teams. Very few of them have the means to segregate.

  26. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the SPL clubs' defence, they have no authority to decide Sevco5088's treatment beyond blocking their application to the SPL. It's presumably for the SFL to deal with any application they receive.
    This

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Apuleius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the Shire could be used as an analogy for all the lower division teams. Very few of them have the means to segregate.
    Which teams are unable to host these fixtures?

    I'm yet to see a Scottish Cup tie forfeited because a lower division team was unable to host an SPL team.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

  28. #147
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    41,488
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which teams are unable to host these fixtures?

    I'm yet to see a Scottish Cup tie forfeited because a lower division team was unable to host an SPL team.
    I agree they have the choice either a very small all ticket crowd or if logistically an issue move their home games v Rangers to a larger ground such as Falkirk in East Stirling's case. I would have thought that Rangers being in Div 3 would have been a massive bonus for these teams and surprised that may not appear to be the case. The main issue of course is that they will have less chance of promotion because of Gers in league.

  29. #148
    Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,379
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsonsbairn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well GG I don't know about you but there is and has been only Three True Loves in my life, sadly two didn't work out as I hoped they would, but the Third has always been, deep down the one that I will never lose my love for, guess who that Old Lady is, correct Hibernian FC. Yes they have let me down many a time in my 47 years of this love affair. At the end of the day the old saying go's you can divorce as many wives as you like but you only ever love ONE football club. As for your statement that we are being asked to forget the Horror Show from last season, where in Rods statement does he say this or are you putting words into his mouth. If you feel you are being shafted then by all means stay away from the club, and yes I am one of the ones who has renewed my brief for next season, and no I didn't have to bend over and wait for any shafting as you so eloquently phrase it. Also you say, Rod's statement along with all the other chairmen of clubs who have voted to punt the Gers into whatever league doesn't change a damn thing, after the 4th July it is out of the hands of the SPL chairmen, it will be up to the chairman of the SFL to vote on wether the Gers start in the 3rd or as it seems may be the case the SFL1. Please give Pat Fenlon a chance to see what he can or even can't bring to the table and we will take it from there. This is a time when your club needs your wholehearted support, if you feel you cannot give it to them then as I have said previously stay away.:pfgwa
    I appreciate that post, thank you. I am going to have a wee think about what you wrote before replying properly, but let me just say that no, I am not in a good place with Hibs right now, and I am not pretending otherwise. I Just had my heart broken too badly in the cup final, after 30 years of supporting the club through thick and thin with everything I had, but this was one let-down too far for me. I travelled 12000 miles and spent a months wages (that I will be paying off for the next 6 months) and I did my part as a supporter, but what happened on May 19 just "broke" something inside of me. I gave everything I had, as I have done so many times before, and that was what was offered in return. Not even making a game of it. At every turn, it always seems to be that when something goes wrong, it is always the fans who are asked to fix it, by reaching into their pockets yet again. My "shafting" comment was maybe a bit ott, but that's how it seems to me. 9 managers plus 2 caretakers in 11 years and a team that has eroded away to almost nothing. A few weeks ago, it was about the team and whether or not it would be rebuilt properly. Now, it's about supporting the team because Hibs said no to the Newhuns. That wasn't a brave decision, it was the RIGHT decision, the ONLY decision to make. There shouldn't have been any doubt about it, but now it is being used as the reason (note, I didn't say "excuse") to yet again reach into our pockets and prove our worth for the umpteenth time. Well, tell me this- when are the club going to give us a team worthy of the support we give it? As much as this may sound like a rant, it's not intended as such - it's just how I feel, and, as I have posted elsewhere since the final, it's a horrible thing to feel and I wish so much it wasn't like this. So, maybe you are right, you know? About staying away. I have always tried to be positive and 100% in my support of Hibs. When I come back, I book my match tickets ages in advance and plan my trip around the games. Now, it's just different. I just haven't gotten over May 19th, and it has made me bitter and angry. I thought I might be over it by now, but I am not. That's just the way it is for me and I'm feeling very sorry and frustrated because of it. I am just writing from the heart here. I'll think on what you wrote and again I thank you for taking the time to think and reply. GG

  30. #149
    Coaching Staff Lucius Apuleius's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    In the west travelling east.
    Age
    67
    Posts
    10,615
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which teams are unable to host these fixtures?

    I'm yet to see a Scottish Cup tie forfeited because a lower division team was unable to host an SPL team.
    I didn't say they would be unable to host them I said they would probably be unable to segregate. I ahve not a clue which clubs are like this. I am a Hibs supporter. How many 3rd division grounds do you think I could have been at since they brought in segregation? Bear in mind segregation never used to occur at all. Maybe that is the way it would be. To be perfectly honest, I don't really give a flying one whether they segregate for the hun or not. I was merely pointing out that I think very few of them, not just teh Shire, have the ability to do so. Cups would not be forfeired they aould move to a bigger ground if they wanted to. Cannot be ersed looking at the 3rd division table but maybe you could tell us where each of these teams could play their home games so as to entertain the hun in the manner they would like to aspire to? Then same for 2nd and 1st.

  31. #150
    I completely agree with the clubs decision but I think some posts are giving the club a bit too much credit. They made the only decision they could and I'd as far as saying there was such overwhelming agreement amongst the fans that the decision was made for them. Voting yes would have been completely impossible.

    As has rightly been said above, kicking the Huns down to division 3 is only the start and sorting out the distribution of finances and the league voting structure is essential to stopping the downward spiral of the SPL.

    But, as has also been said, now the fans have been heard it's important for people (obviously if circstances permit) to come out and support the club. This is a real opportunity to get the SPL back on track and we should do everything we can to make it work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)