hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am guessing that for these financial "sweeteners" to take place it would require the SPL clubs to vote to allow it to happen? As it is financial would that mean it requires an 11-1 vote in favour for it to be passed? I wonder what the supporters response would be if those clubs that are saying NO to Sevco turn round and say YES to an SFL pay-off to let Sevco into Division 1? Would they still consider rushing to the ticket office to renew their season tickets?
    Yes to both I think.

I think it will also be interesting to see the reaction of SFL fans. Their clubs have nothing to lose from their current finances by blocking the Hun new club so the effect of their own supporters turning away would be even more powerful. I don't think SFL fans' attitudes will be much different from their SPL counterparts.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'm getting the distinct impression that Johnny Hun won't be in any state to compete in any division next season, and we're now effectively talking about their league status in 2013-14.

If there is a criminal investigation into the legality of the sale to Whyte, that surely has profound implications for the Green purchase?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post
    The wouldn't be very smart chairmen then. The financially prudent decision would have been to make it clear from the very start that the cheating by Rangers would not be tolerated and that liquidation meant starting again at the bottom.

The longer that this has been dragged on, by SFA, SFL and SPL, is the main reason that they risk so many supporters being lost to the game forever.

We currently KNOW that they have evaded millions in tax, we currently KNOW that they used dual contracts, we currently KNOW that they have finally been liquidated, we currently DO NOT KNOW who is investing in Sevco, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they will have any players, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they could even fulfill their fixtures, we currently DO NOT KNOW if Green could still walk away.

On the back of all these uncertainties we have a court decision to change a punishment still to be resolved, we have a dual contract issue still to be resolved, we have various other rule breaks still to be resolved ... and the paper talk is not about what punishments but about how to fast-track entry into Division 1/SPL 2!

Regardless of which clubs publicly say NO, they are all part of this process and the longer they let it rumble on the more fans will be lost to Scottish Football. They have so much more power available to them than a simple "No to Newco" statement which might be viewed by some as nothing more than a season ticket selling exercise.

It's time for the clubs tae put pressure on the authorities tae make them act correctly as it would seem that their main interest is still tae dae everything they possibly can tae get the cheats off as lightly as possible rather than doing the right thing. IMO all those clubs both in the SPL and SFL that want tae see the right thing done should make it clear tae those running the game that they winnae play in any competition against a newco that is in any division other than the bottom one.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post

It's time for the clubs tae put pressure on the authorities tae make them act correctly as it would seem that their main interest is still tae dae everything they possibly can tae get the cheats off as lightly as possible rather than doing the right thing. IMO all those clubs both in the SPL and SFL that want tae see the right thing done should make it clear tae those running the game that they winnae play in any competition against a newco that is in any division other than the bottom one.
    I think a lot of them will want a share of the money that The Rangers FC 2012 will be bringing their way, Division 3 beckons I feel and then The Rangers get their dream of playing in England vs Berwick Rangers and all the clubs get their wishes and make money off the fans of the newco.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    I think a lot of them will want a share of the money that The Rangers FC 2012 will be bringing their way, Division 3 beckons I feel and then The Rangers get their dream of playing in England vs Berwick Rangers and all the clubs get their wishes and make money off the fans of the newco.
    Also what is the motivation for clubs that want to get up to the SPL to include Rangers in the first division.

@hibs.net private member
    I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I was speaking to an official of East Stirling today. He said that they don't want Rangers in the SFL3 for 2 reasons. Firstly the ground cannot cope with a large number of visiting fans. There is no segregation in place. The cost of creating it would be prohibitive. If they were had drawn Rangers in the cup they would move the tie to Falkirk. Secondly they do not want to play in a league they would not feel they had a chance of being competitive. (Found that odd as I think they always finish near the bottom.
    Looks like naebody wants them.

Nae one likes them, they dinnae care

It would be interesting to see the opinions of Argentine football fans on this one. IIRC they kept restructuring their league to keep River (maybe Boca too) in the top division, introducing a system where you got relegated on the basis of a three(?) season average, then when River were still going to get relegated on that basis they made some 32 team league or something. Total nonsense.

First Team Breakthrough Lungo--Drom's Avatar
    Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    OK, we've wielded fan power and the Govan Stealers will not make it into the SPL.

I am one of the 2000 who has so far held back from renewing. But no more. The club need cash and will be getting mine over the next few days.

So who else is now going to join me and put their money where their mouth is?

Gamer IDs

I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lungo--Drom View Post
    Bought ma first season ticket and bought the new away top, my first away top. Have also promised Rodders I'll make his favourite spaghetti soufle for him next time I'm passing :D

Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Just been down to ER to renew. The club has done the right thing, and enough Scottish football clubs have done the right thing, to convince me that the game is at least salvageable.

I'm absolutely delighted that an East Coast/Highland voting block has emerged, and take the lead and finally assert its authority in our game. This needs to happen more often, we need a progressive force standing up to the West Coast, entrenched, sectarian-led, succulent lamb status quo. Interesting to note the deafening silence from Celtic, (though not the fans, who have been admirable on this issue), giving credence to the notion that both clubs function as one in a sectarian franchise.

Celtic and Rangers will always be prominent in Scottish football. No need to worry about them. Our greatest moments in the post-war domestic game have occurred when we've had a strong Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United. For that to happen, those clubs have to be as united and ruthless in pursuing their joint interests as the OF.

This is a great start, and I hope those clubs sense their power in the game. And yes, he's a nutter, but I salute Vladimir Romanov who being the first to raise his head above the parapet and to set the ball rolling, giving Scottish the message the fans -even Rangers ones- need to hear.
    You could have just said 'Morbo pleased'

But I agree, it is time that we stick together and vote together on key issues for the greater benefit of the Scottish game. We now have a realistic chance of voting to change the voting system and redistribute wealth accordingly to favour a democratic Scottish league. This is almost a new beginning, one where all clubs need to defend their honour and their fans, we shouldn't be pandering to any club now.

Also it is time for this to be said: Doncaster out!

Rewind back to the Pars game before the end of the season and the crowd at ER that evening.

Would be amazing if Hibs could get more people into ER for each match day and create a buzz that will benefit the players and improve our abysmal home record recently.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.
    If it was St Mirren we wouldn't be having this discussion, there would be no vote and there would be no St Mirren left to apply for Division 3.

Your football club needs YOU

Now is the time for all football fans to support their team. It is clear that all teams are going to take a hit for stopping the Newco entry into the SPL. To fill the gap, we as football fans have to stand up again and support our team.

The "I'm not going back until.............." is not going to work. For many clubs, there may not be a future if we don't replace the money lost through Newco not being allowed entry into the SPL.

So I would ask all fans of every SPL club, whether you are an infrequent supporter or a past-frequent supporter to get back to your club and buy a season ticket. Let's prove to all that Scottish Football can survive without the Newco.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Now is the time for all football fans to support their team. It is clear that all teams are going to take a hit for stopping the Newco entry into the SPL. To fill the gap, we as football fans have to stand up again and support our team.

The "I'm not going back until.............." is not going to work. For many clubs, there may not be a future if we don't replace the money lost through Newco not being allowed entry into the SPL.

So I would ask all fans of every SPL club, whether you are an infrequent supporter or a past-frequent supporter to get back to your club and buy a season ticket. Let's prove to all that Scottish Football can survive without the Newco.

Before i sign up, can you tell me where Rangers will be playing next season?

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    Rewind back to the Pars game before the end of the season and the crowd at ER that evening.

Would be amazing if Hibs could get more people into ER for each match day and create a buzz that will benefit the players and improve our abysmal home record recently.
    For that to happen we would need to spend a lot of money we don't have, unless there are 1000's of fans who will simply buy a season ticket because we vote them out, for me it needs be the signing of a lot of new players who are actually football players not the calibire of the impostures we have for the last few season.

Simple for the board, spend what we don't have and more fans will come, don't spend and they won't.......

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Before i sign up, can you tell me where Rangers will be playing next season?
    Not in the SPL. Our club and another 5 of our member clubs have done all they can, now it is time to at least back our own team both vocally and financially.

Does Anyone Know if Hibs - might throw open the payment plan option again for punters !!

its Probably the only way i could afford to go back now..

Not in the SPL. Our club and another 5 of our member clubs have done all they can, now it is time to at least back our own team both vocally and financially.
    Exactly.......our club has done all they can at the moment!

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Does Anyone Know if Hibs - might throw open the payment plan option again for punters !!

its Probably the only way i could afford to go back now..
    A good point, raise it directly with the club.

Explain your situation as you have done here.

Hibs have asked us fans to back them, you are prepared to so in my eyes something has to be done to accomodate you and others in the same boat.

This has been a clouded close season with the old cream bun situation so Hibs might have to relent on a one season basis.

For my sins I have got involved in the working groups, if you have no joy I will raise it as an issue at the next meeting.

Hibs / we need every single person to get behind the club.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Exactly.......our club has done all they can at the moment!
    We all know that they wont be playing in the SPL, if they are in any division other than the bottom tier, then the people running Football in Scotland are corrupt. Its not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We all know that they wont be playing in the SPL, if they are in any division other than the bottom tier, then the people running Football in Scotland are corrupt. Its not for me.
    I agree. I will always support Hibs by going to my usual 75% of games in a season home and away but if the new huns go into Div 1 then whats the point? They will come back stronger, debt free and we will back to square one. It has to be Div 3 at the very least.

I hope everyone will stick to their word and buy their season tickets now, the Hibs family need to stick together on this and help to make sure we don't lose a significant amount of money from this.
    Absolutely. Same goes to the fans of the other SPL clubs, the fans need to get down and support their clubs, our clubs have never needed us more. We need to stick together and rally as much support as possible so that the financial hit is not as bad. Hibs have done the right thing by standing up and voting NO to the newco, therefore they have my full backing.

If you are able to buy a season ticket then I strongly urge you to do so. I understand some folk cant afford it or work/family commitments etc. can limit the amount of games you are able to attend but this season it is vital that we get as many numbers as possible so if it is possible to do so, then please get yourself to as many games as possible. "I can't be bothered" or "I'd rather watch on the telly" etc is not good enough this season i'm afraid.

We managed to take 25K to hampden, with thousands of people missing out on tickets, where are these people now? Or do they only come out for the big occassion after all?
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 25-06-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before. Nae fudges and nae compromises.
    Good for you

Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    I agree. I will always support Hibs by going to my usual 75% of games in a season home and away but if the new huns go into Div 1 then whats the point? They will come back stronger, debt free and we will back to square one. It has to be Div 3 at the very least.
    And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    And if they start in Division 3 they will come back stronger, debt free and we will be back to square one. An extra two years of relatively low wages coupled with the large income their fans will continue to give them will see them even stronger than if it had only been gone for one year. The whole Division 1 / Division 3 thing is a complete red herring. What will make a real difference to the long term good of the game is revolutionary overhaul of our league structure. Whether Rangers suffer one year or three years out of the top flight will make very little difference in real terms. Our club have done the right thing. It doesn't just deserve our support, it will be vital over the next few uncertain seasons. Rangers are gone, we have a chance to achieve great things. We all want the severest punishment possible given to Sevco but we shouldn't be letting that detract from the vast amount of positives we could draw from this whole sorry saga. Ding, dong the Huns are dead. They'll be back but if the supporters of all the remaining SPL clubs get right behind their team from this day forward they will return to a landscape they find totally unrecognisable. The future really is in our own hands.
    Finally .... somebody who can see the big picture

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    A good point, raise it directly with the club.

Explain your situation as you have done here.

Hibs have asked us fans to back them, you are prepared to so in my eyes something has to be done to accomodate you and others in the same boat.

This has been a clouded close season with the old cream bun situation so Hibs might have to relent on a one season basis.

For my sins I have got involved in the working groups, if you have no joy I will raise it as an issue at the next meeting.

Hibs / we need every single person to get behind the club.

Cheers.. I have emailed the Board.. But im guessing they are busy scratching each others erses at the moment..

I reckon - their will be quite a lot of people who havent done the early payment plan option.. and i suppose hibs need everyones pounds..

Quite sure Hibs could muster up some kind of payment plan system and it doesnt matter what time of the year you join in..

Why Turn Customers Away if They Want to Pay for games on a Monthly basis..

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    Cheers.. I have emailed the Board.. But im guessing they are busy scratching each others erses at the moment..

I reckon - their will be quite a lot of people who havent done the early payment plan option.. and i suppose hibs need everyones pounds..

Quite sure Hibs could muster up some kind of payment plan system and it doesnt matter what time of the year you join in..

Why Turn Customers Away if They Want to Pay for games on a Monthly basis..
    Good man, let us know how you get on.