hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 258
  1. #31
    Testimonial Due joe breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhurst Hill, Essex
    Posts
    4,774
    If people are expecting Hibs to spend more than they can afford before thinking about supporting the club in what will be a tough season financially maybe the Huns are right...?


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,686
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.
    I agree its a LOT to do with which team it is, there's no denying that. Where i disagree is, if this was St Mirren, and they'd done what Rangers have done, i'd be feeling the same.

    I have a season ticket for next season, i want to watch us play but i wont be back to watch Scottish football should the rules as they stand now are not applied. No other league in the world would try and shuffle things around to make sure one of the rich ones could escape the right punishment.

    Thats why if they are not made to apply at the bottom i wont be back, that would be the same for Rangers or St Mirren.

  4. #33
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two to three weeks ago, we were all waiting to see whether or not the club were prepared to do what was necessary to fix the broken product on the pitch after yet another utter humiliation against our rivals and coming within 90 minutes of relegation. That hasn't even come close to happening yet and the board know it, and here we are being told to forget about that and part with our cash again, just because the club announced they were going to do what there should never have been any doubt about them doing? They must think we are all bent over and waiting for our umpteenth shafting...and it seems some of us are only too happy to oblige. This doesn't change a damn thing: not about the team and not about the huns situation, which is far from resolved.
    The message is clear - there will be an income shortfall because of this decision.

    The majority view on this thread appears to be that the Rangers decision will not affect the money that people will spend with the club. If that is the case the club should have said yes to the huns and tried to protect that income stream as the punters are unwilling to make up the shortfall.

  5. #34
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    150
    Point being if it were say, st mirren we wouldn't be having the debate as it would have been "go directly to 3rd, do not pass go ....." while traynor, young et co hammered the nails in the coffin


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bkv5u

  6. #35
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    36,723
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "The right thing" ..... well the only thing that they could possibly do or the backlash would have been massive - so you could say the common sense decision.

    Still a long way to go to getting more fans back to ER and a bit of a cheek in that statement asking for more money when Hibs fans have backed their team more than anyone in the league over the last few terrible seasons.

    These are the key areas moving forward

    1. Using ST money to bring in better / committed / consistent performers

    2. The other SPL clubs making the correct choice and hopefully putting sevco down to Div 3 - Div 1 isn't good enough.

    I have my ST in the East but still await with interest what direction Scottish Football / Hibs are going.
    Maybe but we have virtually demanded that they make a decision which could have severe financial consequences. Do we now say, tough, you made the decison, you pay for it? Our club has shown leadership on this issue from a very early stage. That surely deserves some credit rather than what some are doing, saying it's all they could do etc etc etc.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,686
    Quote Originally Posted by alnewhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Point being if it were say, st mirren we wouldn't be having the debate as it would have been "go directly to 3rd, do not pass go ....." while traynor, young et co hammered the nails in the coffin


    ---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2bkv5u
    One rule for one, another rule for Rangers.

  8. #37
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    36,723
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The message is clear - there will be an income shortfall because of this decision.

    The majority view on this thread appears to be that the Rangers decision will not affect the money that people will spend with the club. If that is the case the club should have said yes to the huns and tried to protect that income stream as the punters are unwilling to make up the shortfall.
    Exactly.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,898
    Renewing my season ticket had nothing to do with Rangers getting in or not. It's what Hibs do to improve the garbage on the pitch that we have had to watch for the last few years. I usually pay for my season ticket at the start of renewal time so the club has the money right away but it's made no difference. So this year, i'm waiting to see who they bring in.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,808
    I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  11. #40
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dýn …ideann, Alba
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll throw that one back at you J. If it was any other team would there be such a determination by so many to see them booted all the way to Division3? I'll be honest here and say a lot of my desire to see them booted to the bottom is because of the utter contempt I have felt for that club for years. If it was, for example, St Mirren in their position I don't think I would be too bothered which division they ended up in.
    Anybody who has cheated on that scale should receive the severest punishment possible as far as I'm concerned. They've enjoyed the years of success that their cheating has brought them at the expense of all others. As well as the money they've bumped the tax man and their other creditors out of, I wonder just how much other clubs have lost out on in prize money by being put out of cups, league placings and European placings by them cheating. If it was anybody other than them or celtc in this position the whole thing would have been over months ago with whatever other club emptied. You're right I do hate them, I hate bigots and I hate them even more now that I ken their years of dominance at the expense of others have been brought about by cheating. I have nae desire tae stop going tae the fitba, I've been doing it for 34 years but I winnae put in another penny if those running (ruining) the game in this country allow the rules tae be bent/changed tae allow certain teams tae cheat. It's very, very simple for me, if the right thing is done (the same thing that would happen tae any other club) I'll be back, I'll back my club, I'll back other clubs that did the right thing (except h***ts & celtc). If the wrong thing is done then I'll be finding something else tae dae with my money and time.

  12. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Always get one!!!!!!

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    45
    Posts
    46,821
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    We need to ensure that Hibernian FC don't suffer financially for doing the right thing. We cannot let Newco take us down with them, and it's going to take fans coming back in their numbers to make sure that we aren't put in a very severe financial situation.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,808
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The message is clear - there will be an income shortfall because of this decision.

    The majority view on this thread appears to be that the Rangers decision will not affect the money that people will spend with the club. If that is the case the club should have said yes to the huns and tried to protect that income stream as the punters are unwilling to make up the shortfall.
    Absolute rubbish.

    Hibs have done the right thing.

    As RP said; "Rod Petrie, Hibernian chairman: ďFundamental to us at our club is to make sure the integrity of the game is not called into question and that the sporting integrity of the competition we take part in is maintained at the highest standards.

    ďItís not a question of any sum of money in return for that integrity Ė integrity is beyond purchase. Itís important that all clubs can have a place within football, provided they have earned it in a sporting sense and have abided by the rules.Ē
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,808
    Quote Originally Posted by hibskid9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could this be a little nasty trick RP has up his sleeve to make money? say he will vote no get the cash in for season tickets then vote yes on the vote? You never know with this money tight .....
    Idiot.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  16. #45
    Testimonial Due joe breezy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Buckhurst Hill, Essex
    Posts
    4,774
    I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

    If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anybody who has cheated on that scale should receive the severest punishment possible as far as I'm concerned. They've enjoyed the years of success that their cheating has brought them at the expense of all others. As well as the money they've bumped the tax man and their other creditors out of, I wonder just how much other clubs have lost out on in prize money by being put out of cups, league placings and European placings by them cheating. If it was anybody other than them or celtc in this position the whole thing would have been over months ago with whatever other club emptied. You're right I do hate them, I hate bigots and I hate them even more now that I ken their years of dominance at the expense of others have been brought about by cheating. I have nae desire tae stop going tae the fitba, I've been doing it for 34 years but I winnae put in another penny if those running (ruining) the game in this country allow the rules tae be bent/changed tae allow certain teams tae cheat. It's very, very simple for me, if the right thing is done (the same thing that would happen tae any other club) I'll be back, I'll back my club, I'll back other clubs that did the right thing (except h***ts & celtc). If the wrong thing is done then I'll be finding something else tae dae with my money and time.
    On this subject, we are as one.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,686
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

    If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message


    Season ticket bought weeks before the cup final, yip i want to boycott the club and i'm dead against backing the club.

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    49,808
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

    If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message
    The chairmen know that they will have to take a hit.

    Motherwell are trying to persuade their fans to vote Newco back in for that very reason.

    But our board knows what's morally right and what Hibs fans want.

    I think they also know that there would be a much deeper, and longer hit, if Newco were allowed in.

    If that happened, I, and many others, would never be back.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  20. #49
    Coaching Staff Gatecrasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    37
    Posts
    16,357
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote


    Season ticket bought weeks before the cup final, yip i want to boycott the club and i'm dead against backing the club.
    Same, all we are wanting is a fair league. Why is this so hard to achieve?

  21. #50
    As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Same, all we are wanting is a fair league. Why is this so hard to achieve?
    I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.

  23. #52
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dýn …ideann, Alba
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.
    looking for excuses

  24. #53
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll make my decision when they are confirmed in the bottom division whatever the set up is and not before.
    I'm the same. It's one thing for teams saying they'll vote NO, it's quite another paving the way for a short cut back to the SPL for Sevco.

    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bottom division decision is nothing to do with Hibs.
    Granted, but supporters aren't turning their backs on Hibs (you can't, you're Hibs for life) they are turning their backs on Scottish Football.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    55,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As per usual there are folk on here just looking for excuses not to back the club. Hibs have announced they will be voting no, just as we all 'demmanded' they should but still we get folk lining up excuses for not going to games. Now is the time to get behind the club and support them by buying season tickets or going to as many games as we can. Having been through years of austerity measures I think we are best placed than most to cope with the absence of Rangers so lets support the club.

  26. #55
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    36,723
    [QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274182] I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.[QUOTE]

    What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  27. #56
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dýn …ideann, Alba
    Age
    51
    Posts
    10,863
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.
    we can just make some up for them though, that's how it's done isn't it?

  28. #57
    ADMIN marinello59's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    I still live in hope.
    Posts
    36,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    .we can just make some up for them though, that's how it's done isn't it?
    Apparently.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

  29. #58
    i am delighted our club has taken a stand against the famous glasgow bankrupts. i already have my season ticket and now i will buy the new strip for the belgium jolly up..... G.G.T.T.H.

  30. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by famous_five_hfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!

    Scottish football gets backed when and ONLY when there is factual evidence Rangers are in the BOTTOM league - can't believe the Dundee United
    fans went running along as soon as their club made the announcement.

  31. #60
    @hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    8,587
    Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I get the feeling people wanted to boycott Hibs if Hun thing went wrong but aren't so keen on backing the club

    If so it will only show to chairmen the financially prudent decision would have been to allow corruption, not a great message
    The wouldn't be very smart chairmen then. The financially prudent decision would have been to make it clear from the very start that the cheating by Rangers would not be tolerated and that liquidation meant starting again at the bottom.

    The longer that this has been dragged on, by SFA, SFL and SPL, is the main reason that they risk so many supporters being lost to the game forever.

    We currently KNOW that they have evaded millions in tax, we currently KNOW that they used dual contracts, we currently KNOW that they have finally been liquidated, we currently DO NOT KNOW who is investing in Sevco, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they will have any players, we currently DO NOT KNOW if they could even fulfill their fixtures, we currently DO NOT KNOW if Green could still walk away.

    On the back of all these uncertainties we have a court decision to change a punishment still to be resolved, we have a dual contract issue still to be resolved, we have various other rule breaks still to be resolved ... and the paper talk is not about what punishments but about how to fast-track entry into Division 1/SPL 2!

    Regardless of which clubs publicly say NO, they are all part of this process and the longer they let it rumble on the more fans will be lost to Scottish Football. They have so much more power available to them than a simple "No to Newco" statement which might be viewed by some as nothing more than a season ticket selling exercise.
    Last edited by StevieC; 25-06-2012 at 08:36 AM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)