hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Then I think you hate the Huns more than you love Hibs.

Where they end up after they don't get into the SPL had nothing to do with Hibs.

Time to stick together here. The club needs our full support.

It's not really about hating them more than loving Hibs. Why should fans pay hundreds of pounds to watch us play in a corrupt, 'fixed' league?

And talking of money, i know there is the TV deal debacle, but what is going to hit the club more, 3000 less at ER twice a season, or 2000 odd less at ER every game?

Those manky, sectarian, cheating hun bassas HAVE to go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by StevieC View Post

Granted, but supporters aren't turning their backs on Hibs (you can't, you're Hibs for life) they are turning their backs on Scottish Football.
    Can the two be seperated? Scottish Football will continue no matter what happens and Hibs will continue to play a part in it.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    [QUOTE=marinello59;3274188][QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274182] I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.

What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.
    Any newco that wants to apply to join Scottish football have to apply for the bottom tier, they cant apply to join the top tier. Rangers do not fit any of the criteria to even join division 3, but even i can see thats not going to hamper their application.

Why do you think there is such a rush to restructure Scottish football? Is it for the good of the game, or is it to help the club who have cheated more than any other club in the country of up to £150m?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    [QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274204][QUOTE=marinello59;3274188]
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I agree with everyone who are proud that we have stated we will vote no. And while i'm glad, it changes nothing in my opinion, if those in charge dont apply the rules properly.

Any newco that wants to apply to join Scottish football have to apply for the bottom tier, they cant apply to join the top tier. Rangers do not fit any of the criteria to even join division 3, but even i can see thats not going to hamper their application.

Why do you think there is such a rush to restructure Scottish football? Is it for the good of the game, or is it to help the club who have cheated more than any other club in the country of up to £150m?
    I agree with your pointbut the 11-1 vote has always held back change. Now is the time to restructure!

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    What rules? A large part of the problem is that we don't have any rigid rules in place to deal with this mess.
    We have a rule that states suspension or termination regarding the punishment that was returned by the Court of Session. Given the severity of the Rangers situation they could easily suspend Rangers (which, less face it, is pretty much the minimum option on their punishment choices). On the back of that they could promote the second best teams up a division and invite another team into the league (Spartans?). That would give Rangers a year to get their house in order and the following season could see us increase the size of the SPL and allow another 2 teams (one being Sevco) into the league.

Instead, with barely over a month till the start of the new season, we are hearing talk about trying to make way for a Sevco team (in danger of administration/liquidation itself) into Division 1!?!?
    Last edited by StevieC; 25-06-2012 at 08:47 AM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

[QUOTE=goldenhibby;3274205][QUOTE=blackpoolhibs;3274204]

I agree with your pointbut the 11-1 vote has always held back change. Now is the time to restructure!
    Yip i agree 100%, once they are in the 3rd division, all SPL clubs need to restructure the whole rule book.

Scottish football has a chance to change the face of the game for the better, i'm not convinced they have the balls, or will even be allowed by the authorities to do it, even if they vote for it.

No, it isn't for the good of the game. I said on another thread that if we got proper league re-construction on the back of this crisis then I couldd possibly accept Rangers only dropping one division. That's not what they seem to be trying to do though. We will end up with another ill thought out mess if they press on with this. I doubt that it can be done anyway before the new season starts. I also have a sneaky wee feeling that Rangers won't be playing anywhere at all next season.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheBull1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I will buy a season ticket on 5 July, if Newco are asked to apply for admittance into the Scottish Football League.
    This, even though I am lucky to get 5 or 6 home games a season.

No, it isn't for the good of the game. I said on another thread that if we got proper league re-construction on the back of this crisis then I couldd possibly accept Rangers only dropping one division. That's not what they seem to be trying to do though. We will end up with another ill thought out mess if they press on with this. I doubt that it can be done anyway before the new season starts. I also have a sneaky wee feeling that Rangers won't be playing anywhere at all next season.
    And if thats the case, my season ticket will get used. I will watch Hibs next season if Rangers/newco whatever they are called, are treated like any newco should be treated.

I'm not looking for any excuse to not go to games, i have booked a trip to Belgium, i have a season ticket, so as far as i'm concerned i am backing the club.

I wont go and watch SCOTTISH football if they are not punished, and the NEW club admitted at the bottom. I am not punishing Hibs should they not be punished properly, i'd be punishing myself.

I love my football, i love Hibs. What i dont love is a rigged game, and imo that would be a rigged game if the proper punishment is not administered.

If any other Club

I agree its a LOT to do with which team it is, there's no denying that. Where i disagree is, if this was St Mirren, and they'd done what Rangers have done, i'd be feeling the same.

I have a season ticket for next season, i want to watch us play but i wont be back to watch Scottish football should the rules as they stand now are not applied. No other league in the world would try and shuffle things around to make sure one of the rich ones could escape the right punishment.

Thats why if they are not made to apply at the bottom i wont be back, that would be the same for Rangers or St Mirren.
    I totally agree, but would also like to add that if this was any other Club outside of the Old Firm then the decision would have been made
    three months ago and you would have to grovel to get back into the 3rd Division.
    Also, the governing bodies dont give a toss who the other ten clubs are in the premier as long as the two Glasgow sides are there.

A point about the rules.

There is no provision in the rules for Sevco to be 'relegated' to SFL3 any more than there is for them to be 'relegated' to SFL1. I believe the rules do provide for them to be voted in to the SPL following the recent changes, so if the rules are to be meticulously followed Sevco are either the new Rangers FC in the SPL or they are not a football club at all and Rangers FC are dead. Anything else is a compromise and the debate should be how far the compromise goes.

If they were voted into the SPL they could be subject to whatever punishment was possible and deemed appropriate, but relegation to the SFL is not possible because the SPL can't dictate which clubs the SFL admit other than through the normal relegation mechanism. Given the extent of RFC's crimes, suspension for at least a season seems to be the most appropriate punishment if they were to be voted in - there would be no point in voting them in then expelling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    A point about the rules.

There is no provision in the rules for Sevco to be 'relegated' to SFL3 any more than there is for them to be 'relegated' to SFL1. I believe the rules do provide for them to be voted in to the SPL following the recent changes, so if the rules are to be meticulously followed Sevco are either the new Rangers FC in the SPL or they are not a football club at all and Rangers FC are dead. Anything else is a compromise and the debate should be how far the compromise goes.

If they were voted into the SPL they could be subject to whatever punishment was possible and deemed appropriate, but relegation to the SFL is not possible because the SPL can't dictate which clubs the SFL admit other than through the normal relegation mechanism. Given the extent of RFC's crimes, suspension for at least a season seems to be the most appropriate punishment if they were to be voted in - there would be no point in voting them in then expelling them.
    Exactly, any newco voted back into the SPL would have me walk away from Scottish Football. A new club under the guise of The Rangers or whatever they call themselves would have to apply at the bottom tier, like any other club.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    Unfortunately I think there is a deal being done to have them go to Div 1 and not to enter them at Div 3. We as SPL members can vote them out of the SPL but it is the SFL who will allow them to enter at the higher level.

Can we then turn round and refuse them promotion to the SPL until they have been out for a minimum of 3 years ?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Can we then turn round and refuse them promotion to the SPL until they have been out for a minimum of 3 years ?
    We can only refuse if they dont meet the specified criteria ...

although that might include a UEFA licence.

@hibs.net private member happiehibbie's Avatar
    I have actually upgraded my season tickets before all the fall out. I did tho contact the board and told them I would not be coming along if they voted yes to New co

I think we all agree they should be booted out but the Mafia as Vald says (and he is right) will miss out on freebies etc and dont want them to go down and out simple really I think the SPL,SFA and SFL should not be asked to do the right thing only 2 or 3 years ago they wanted to go to England along with Celtic this should be pointed out at all meeting that are taking place.

I personaly hate rangers and Celtic with a Passion

But RP did the right thing now he needs to invest in the team he will never get a better chance of finishing Second and champions leauge Footie :)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Same, all we are wanting is a fair league. Why is this so hard to achieve?

What are the clubs voting NO for, is it to make sure they are not in the SPL next season or to be put down to the 3rd Division if they are welcome there, has any of the Chairman who have come out and said no actually said they want newco to start in the 3rd division, or are they just voting NO for them being in the SPL at the start of the season.

I have renewed for next season along with my son, if newco aren't in the 3rd division/Junior's playing there football next season then i wont be back to see Hibs if newco wriggle there way in to the first division, it has to be the same punishment for everyone, 3rd division or thrown out of Scottish football, my son just wants to go along and watch Hibs, this stuff doesn't bother him really, so he can take a mate along and use my ST for the up and coming season, after that Hibs (sadly) get no more of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    What are the clubs voting NO for, is it to make sure they are not in the SPL next season or to be put down to the 3rd Division if they are welcome there, has any of the Chairman who have come out and said no actually said they want newco to start in the 3rd division, or are they just voting NO for them being in the SPL at the start of the season.

I have renewed for next season along with my son, if newco aren't in the 3rd division/Junior's playing there football next season then i wont be back to see Hibs if newco wriggle there way in to the first division, it has to be the same punishment for everyone, 3rd division or thrown out of Scottish football, my son just wants to go along and watch Hibs, this stuff doesn't bother him really, so he can take a mate along and use my ST for the up and coming season, after that Hibs (sadly) get no more of my money.
    In the SPL clubs' defence, they have no authority to decide Sevco5088's treatment beyond blocking their application to the SPL. It's presumably for the SFL to deal with any application they receive.
    Last edited by Beefster; 25-06-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Do the newco actually have a team? From what it seems it is looking less and less likely. They do not have a youth system in place, obviously they have no audited accounts and they are still fighting for control of the club with others apparently looking in through the window with a view to putting in a bid. How on Earth can a company like this be allowed admittance into the First Division where clubs like Cowdenbeath and Partick have great youth systems in place and all clubs have relatively stable ownership with no backstabbing and also audited accounts to show, plus they all have a definite squad. This is replicated for Divisions 2 and 3.

Personally I am backing the club as they will vote no, it is the least we can do. If we do not back the club then there is a strong possibility that we could end up on our knees and in a similar predicament as others are in terms of awful finances. I have every faith that the Newco will not be in the SPL next season, and I also feel that smaller clubs will be voting against them in the SFL as they'll want a share of the financial pie when they visit their grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by famous_five_hfc View Post
    The most striking part of the 'no vote' declaration was this bit at the end. The standard of Scottish football is set to drop and we can't afford to boot out Rangers and then desert our teams. Our teams have never needed us more!
    I agree. But I`ve renewed my season ticket, can´t afford sponsorship and I`m too fat for a hibs top so what more can I do?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post

like BH i just want them to receive the same treatment as any other club would. granted it looks as if the SPL are doing their bit to allow that to happen and i understand the rest will be up to the SFA but for me its crucial to my future as a Scottish Football Fan that the SFA follow through on this. Dropping down a division is not enough for me....only time will tell.

This whole situation is a complete farce and i cant believe by the time the vote goes through it will barely be a month until the season starts

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InchHibby View Post
    I totally agree, but would also like to add that if this was any other Club outside of the Old Firm then the decision would have been made
    three months ago and you would have to grovel to get back into the 3rd Division.

Also, the governing bodies dont give a toss who the other ten clubs are in the premier as long as the two Glasgow sides are there.

Hibs Motherwell Aberdeen Dundee Utd St Johnstone etc etc feet wouldn't have touched the ground as they were kicked down to the bottom league 3 months ago if they had done done what the currant buns have done, SFA/SPL and the Scottish Press have done everything they can and say to save the cheats from the only punishment that fits the crime, demotion to 3rd division or even kicked out of Scottish football all together for the crimes they have committed over years in Scottish football.

The Huntouchables.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    like BH i just want them to receive the same treatment as any other club would. granted it looks as if the SPL are doing their bit to allow that to happen and i understand the rest will be up to the SFA but for me its crucial to my future as a Scottish Football Fan that the SFA follow through on this. Dropping down a division is not enough for me....only time will tell.

This whole situation is a complete farce and i cant believe by the time the vote goes through it will barely be a month until the season starts
    I want to see them go to the 3rd as well, but I can see that there's not much more the SPL clubs can do other than vote against them coming straight into the SPL.

If the SFL let them in at Division 1, I won't like it but at the end of the day I'm not watching SFL football. The SPL would have, IMHO, retained its integrity by making the correct vote if we don't let them into the SPL. On top of that, they would only get voted in after a democratic vote from those that it effects directly.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Maybe but we have virtually demanded that they make a decision which could have severe financial consequences. Do we now say, tough, you made the decison, you pay for it? Our club has shown leadership on this issue from a very early stage. That surely deserves some credit rather than what some are doing, saying it's all they could do etc etc etc.
    I've not read all of this thread, but would it not be fair for all us lapsed Hibees to applaud the decision, turn out in numbers for the games against "Team 12", thus making up the shortfall from the Rangers travelling support.

Then the ball is back in the boards court re getting the fans back on side and delivering what we have been promised for a very long time, a team worthy of our support.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    In the SPL clubs' defence, they have no authority to decide Sevco5088's treatment beyond blocking their application to the SPL. It's presumably for the SFL to deal with any application they receive.
    Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing. Yet those in authority at the top have been doing their damnedest to let them away with this. The people at the top of our game in my opinion are corrupt.

Rangers are dead, the new club that emerges from this has to apply at the appropriate place for entry into the SFL, THATS THE BOTTOM LEAGUE.

Anything else would be a fix, and i want no part of it. Can you imagine they are allowed into the SFL 1 next season, and they win that? The next season they are back in with us, that would be one season out of the league for £150m worth of cheating.

Why would anyone not do this, the punishment is worth every minute of a season in the 1st division. I know i'd take that punishment if Hibs could ***** £150m on players we could not afford. Imagine the fun we'd have spending all that dosh, maybe cup wins, europe every season?

Whats a season in the doldrums compared to that?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I want to see them go to the 3rd as well, but I can see that there's not much more the SPL clubs can do other than vote against them coming straight into the SPL.

If the SFL let them in at Division 1, I won't like it but at the end of the day I'm not watching SFL football. The SPL would have, IMHO, retained its integrity by making the correct vote if we don't let them into the SPL. On top of that, they would only get voted in after a democratic vote from those that it effects directly.
    Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing. Yet those in authority at the top have been doing their damnedest to let them away with this. The people at the top of our game in my opinion are corrupt.

Rangers are dead, the new club that emerges from this has to apply at the appropriate place for entry into the SFL, THATS THE BOTTOM LEAGUE.

Anything else would be a fix, and i want no part of it. Can you imagine they are allowed into the SFL 1 next season, and they win that? The next season they are back in with us, that would be one season out of the league for £150m worth of cheating.

Why would anyone not do this, the punishment is worth every minute of a season in the 1st division. I know i'd take that punishment if Hibs could ***** £150m on players we could not afford. Imagine the fun we'd have spending all that dosh, maybe cup wins, europe every season?

Whats a season in the doldrums compared to that?
    Luckily BH done all the typing for me

Correct, the SPL do seem AT LAST to be doing the right thing.
    With the exception of the rumoured Division 1 route.

I can't believe that this is an option that suits the SFL and can only assume that they are being pressured to do this by the SFA/SPL. If that's the case then it's really no better than their early attempts to get Sevco straight back into the SPL.

Well done the Hibernian Board ........... pwowed pwowed vewy pwowed.

I can't believe that this is an option that suits the SFL and can only assume that they are being pressured to do this by the SFA/SPL. If that's the case then it's really no better than their early attempts to get Sevco straight back into the SPL.
    And that would only confirm what i said about those at the top being corrupt. Only in Scotland would this be happening, only in Scotland would this be an issue. Only in Scotland would those at the top be prepared to stab every other club in the chest, to help one club.

They are being offered sweeteners in the reconstructed league in the form of play offs for a second promotion place to the top division and a slice of the income distribution from tv/sponsors. (Both reasonable things we should do anyway, imo).

Presumably this would require backing from the SPL and the SFL. The SFL is straightforward, 3/4 of the clubs, ie. 23. Not sure which sort of resolution it would be for the SPL, but you would think a financial change of this magnitude would be an 11/12.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    They are being offered sweeteners in the reconstructed league in the form of play offs for a second promotion place to the top division and a slice of the income distribution from tv/sponsors.
    I am guessing that for these financial "sweeteners" to take place it would require the SPL clubs to vote to allow it to happen? As it is financial would that mean it requires an 11-1 vote in favour for it to be passed? I wonder what the supporters response would be if those clubs that are saying NO to Sevco turn round and say YES to an SFL pay-off to let Sevco into Division 1? Would they still consider rushing to the ticket office to renew their season tickets?