hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sfa Statement On Reconstruction

Scottish FA leads reconstruction talks

Saturday, 23 June 2012

The following statement has been issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL:

"All three parties have been involved in productive discussions for some time on the subject of league reconstruction. This culminated in a positive meeting last night, out of which the two league bodies will now engage in a wider consultation with their member clubs.

"The discussions are based on the key principles for reconstruction outlined in the Henry McLeish Review of Scottish football:

* One league body in the senior game
    * Promotion/relegation play-off between SPL and SFL First Division
    * Single financial distribution model
    * Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier

"Further consultation will take place in the near future, with the aim of reaching a positive outcome on a new model to take Scottish football forward."

2. Log in to remove the advert

Where is the last part of the statement?

"We believe this is the right time to undertake this challenge for the good of The Rangers....eh Scottish Football"

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Not sure what any of that has to with Rangers*. Things they should be doing anyway (SPL/SFL playoff, pyramid, scrapping one of the league bodies). Need more details and not enough time to do anything substantial before season starts.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    They have sat on the McLeish report for long enough, reeks that they are acting on it now, wonder why that is?

Maybe time to ramp it up a notch and start to get in touch with the governing bodies and not just the clubs, telling them we will not accept Sevco anywhere bar the 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have sat on the McLeish report for long enough, reeks that they are acting on it now, wonder why that is?

Maybe time to ramp it up a notch and start to get in touch with the governing bodies and not just the clubs, telling them we will not accept Sevco anywhere bar the 3rd
    Taking forever to punish/do anthing to Newco but rushing through a new league set-up?

Hmmm makes you wonder - agree the SFA should be warned that anthing less than 3rd division for Sevco is not acceptable to the fans in
    Scotland!

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post

Yes, has the McLeish report not been out for a few years now?

Quote Originally Posted by H18sry View Post

Saturday, 23 June 2012

The following statement has been issued on behalf of the Scottish FA, SPL and SFL:

"All three parties have been involved in productive discussions for some time on the subject of league reconstruction. This culminated in a positive meeting last night, out of which the two league bodies will now engage in a wider consultation with their member clubs.

"The discussions are based on the key principles for reconstruction outlined in the Henry McLeish Review of Scottish football:

* Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier

"Further consultation will take place in the near future, with the aim of reaching a positive outcome on a new model to take Scottish football forward."
    Smacks of changing the setup now, to pander to derhuns needs.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Part/Time Supporter View Post
    Not sure what any of that has to with Rangers*. Things they should be doing anyway (SPL/SFL playoff, pyramid, scrapping one of the league bodies). Need more details and not enough time to do anything substantial before season starts.
    There's not a hope in hell that any reconstruction will take place before the start of this coming season, and I agree that these points should have been implemented long ago.

All long overdue

So is this the plan from the end of next season ? - surely not enough time to apply the new pyramid / financial model now?

If it is somehow put together before the start of this season with an SPL 2 including newco - it's a complete farce.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar

Saturday, 23 June 2012

A-ha, that old conjurer's trick. Use the Henry McLeish report as a cloak to hide the deceit going on behind it.

They're like Nero fiddling (in both senses) while Rome burned.
    Last edited by snooky; 23-06-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibeeSince85 View Post
    Where is the last part of the statement?

"We believe this is the right time to undertake this challenge for the good of The Rangers....eh Scottish Football"
    Surely the timescale is too tight to 'drive' any structural changes through before final decisions on Rangers' future are implemented.
    Last edited by Jim44; 23-06-2012 at 05:47 PM.

If anything is done to help Rangers, I will never spend another penny on Scottish football again. There is no point in watching just now due to the huge advantage the old firm have but to catch them cheating to this scale of things and then do ANYTHING to help them out would be the last straw for me. We MUST make this a turning point and make things more even. That goes for the press too, they are squirming and cratching about looking for any way out. If the do, I'm out.

It reeks of send the huns to div 3 then next season revamp the structure and get them into SPL 2 next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    There's not a hope in hell that any reconstruction will take place before the start of this coming season, and I agree that these points should have been implemented long ago.
    Spot on.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Yep, and it doesn't really look like they're trying to. No doubt the hun situation has accelerated the process, which can only be a good thing, but this doesn't sound like the 'get the huns in SFL1' fiddle that the Daily Record would have us believe took place in the 'secret meeting' last night.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm wondering if the penny has finally dropped that a more competitive league will make Scottish football flourish.

A more evenly split pot.

Different teams being successful can only mean one thing.

More support all round for those individual clubs.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    If anything is done to help Rangers, I will never spend another penny on Scottish football again. There is no point in watching just now due to the huge advantage the old firm have but to catch them cheating to this scale of things and then do ANYTHING to help them out would be the last straw for me. We MUST make this a turning point and make things more even. That goes for the press too, they are squirming and cratching about looking for any way out. If the do, I'm out.
    me too pal, if the ****my cheating bullies arent hammered to div 3 and given sanctions whats the point on continuing with scottish football, and like yourself i`ll be finished with it and the sfa,spl can ram it the pathetic yellow fxxxxxs

After last night's 'secret' well not so secret meeting think that this statement has been put out there to make all look fully transparent.

Sure I heard today that for any proposed restructure to the sfl there has to be at least 12months notice given

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Surely the timescale is too tight to 'drive' any structural changes through before final decisions on Rangers' future are implemented.
    Yeah it will be Jim, but it stinks how they have known the need for change in the game was way overdue but poor huns in trouble and we get this.

I'm glad they are finally doing it mind!

It reeks of send the huns to div 3 then next season revamp the structure and get them into SPL 2 next season.
    That's what my initial thought was - a season in Div 3 then into SPL 2 - but surely that couldn't happen ?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    me too pal, if the ****my cheating bullies arent hammered to div 3 and given sanctions whats the point on continuing with scottish football, and like yourself i`ll be finished with it and the sfa,spl can ram it the pathetic yellow fxxxxxs
    Sorry Chinaman, but I had to laugh (ironically) at your choice of words there.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I would accept that as long as it was NOT two ten-team SPL Divisions.

There are 42 teams in the SPL and SFL. If there two Leagues of 16/18 (preferably 18), I would have no objections to a Rangers newco coming into SPL2 in the 2013-2014 season provided that they are admitted to SFL3 for 2012-13 and finish top!

Of course if Rangers miss out on the SFL3 next season, it will take them another year.

Over the next year, Celtic can be stiffed over the cash distribution.
    Last edited by jgl07; 23-06-2012 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Taking forever to punish/do anthing to Newco but rushing through a new league set-up?

Hmmm makes you wonder - agree the SFA should be warned that anthing less than 3rd division for Sevco is not acceptable to the fans in
    Scotland!
    Under the right conditions, its acceptable to this fan.

We have been bitching about a new league set up for years now, but because it 'may' benefit the newco huns now we dont want it.

FFS

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

We have been bitching about a new league set up for years now, but because it 'may' benefit the newco huns now we dont want it.

FFS
    Dont think there is any 'may' about it. We have been banging on about change for years now and suddenly they tart doing it when rangers need a rule change or re structure to stop them being out of the top flight for 3 years. We have been bitching about a fairer, more competitive league for years now. We don't want it if it's on the basis we let a new rangers, debt free, even more hate filled, get less punishment than they deserve.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    "Where there's a will, someone's just died"
    - Alas Smith and Jones
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Sorry Chinaman, but I had to laugh (ironically) at your choice of words there.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post

FFS
    No danger the SPL clubs will vote for 15 home games a season instead of the current 19 (on average) given the expected loss of revenue from the demise of the huns. Best bet is a change to the voting setup so if the time and will is right, the non-OF clubs will be able to implement change as a block.

I've said all along that Rangers will never die in the same way Hibs would never have died in 1990. They have made a rod for their own backs by challenging the transfer ban through the courts. Despite the likelihood that Div 1 will be where the huns end up, it would not be right if the SFA appellate tribunals were quietly dropped.

One thing for sure, I enjoy watching huns squirming
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JoeTortolanoFanClub's Avatar
    One thing I do like in that statement is this:

Pyramid system, with the potential for relegation from and promotion to the fourth tier

There is no reason why Sevco should be admitted to SFL3 any more than SFL1 or SPL. They are a new club and should start in the same way any other new club would do. In the Glasgow Sunday League Third Division perhaps. They can then work their way up the pyramid in the proper way.

Saturday, 23 June 2012

GTF - it is far too late for next season so please forget your pro-Rangers engineering and do not rush some pishy changes through just to suit them!

Coaching Staff
    Here's a scenario: sevco 5088 will be suspended from football for a season as a cumulative punishment for tax dodging, double contracts etc, then shoehorned into the new SPL 2nd division at the end of next season.

That way, SFA can say they've taken action and suspended sevco 5088 FC. They might throw in a points deduction but they'll be back in SPL1 in 2 years instead of 3 as would happen if punted to the 3rd (and assuming they get up in progressive seasons).

It's a dirty fix but a convenient one. That hair dryer at SFA HQ will be heating up the balls for the cup draws to ensure two OF clashes.
    Last edited by steakbake; 24-06-2012 at 12:33 AM.