hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

Levein supporting Engurland.

Potter is a trumpet and should be moved from his position of manager of our National Team. http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-his-boys.html

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Fud that is all
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fud that is all
    Uberfud!!!

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Potter is a trumpet and should be moved from his position of manager of our National Team. http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-his-boys.html
    Good support for Roy from a man who picked a team with less strikers than DC Thomson.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...o-Roo-too.html

does this make murray a fud as well or is he just behind Engerlundy a 'wee bit' or, is he trying a PR stunt before wimbers after saying ABE last year

I don't see what he has said there that is so wrong?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    To be fair to Potter, I don't think he has said much wrong here. The Sun - shock horror - have taken his statement completely out of proportion in the headline.

"I’d love to see them doing well for Roy’s sake but I think if they get to the semi-finals they’ll have done a good job.”

Now, I think Levein should have shown a bit of sense and just avoided any England related questions, as he isn't the most popular man in Scotland at the minute, but he's saying that he wants Hodgson to do well, not England the team.

And besides, I'd have no problem if any Scotland manager admitted they wanted England to do well in a competition, as long as they did their job well. The reason I dislike is because Levein he's a ***** manager, not because of his feelings towards England.

Quote Originally Posted by R'Albin View Post
    To be fair to Potter, I don't think he has said much wrong here. The Sun - shock horror - have taken his statement completely out of proportion in the headline.

"I’d love to see them doing well for Roy’s sake but I think if they get to the semi-finals they’ll have done a good job.”

Now, I think Levein should have shown a bit of sense and just avoided any England related questions, as he isn't the most popular man in Scotland at the minute, but he's saying that he wants Hodgson to do well, not England the team.

And besides, I'd have no problem if any Scotland manager admitted they wanted England to do well in a competition, as long as they did their job well. The reason I dislike is because Levein he's a ***** manager, not because of his feelings towards England.
    No point in me typing out all that when I can simply

As much as I love a bit of Levein bashing I don't think he warrants it for what he has actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hainan Hibs View Post
    As much as I love a bit of Levein bashing I don't think he warrants it for what he has actually said.
    Agree.

I'd actually think it would be far less becoming of a Scotland manager if he was to say he wanted England to get pumped.

He's given a pretty diplomatic answer really. Still a fud though.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...o-Roo-too.html

does this make murray a fud as well or is he just behind Engerlundy a 'wee bit' or, is he trying a PR stunt before wimbers after saying ABE last year
    FFS Rooney's barnet is starting to look like Bobby Charlton's combover!

The only thing levein should be supporting is a flyover.

First Team Regular StevesFamau5's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ImFamau5nStuff
    Quote Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
    The only thing levein should be supporting is a flyover.
    Or a pair of droppy tits up front... And i mean that in every way

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    To be fair to Potter, he'll be wanting to keep in with potential players, he'll not be bothered about alienating players actually from Scotland.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Voice of reason speaks. I agree with all you say.

Can't abide Levein but he can support whomever he likes. I'm backing Germany and god knows they've never done Scotland any favours.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Agree.

I'd actually think it would be far less becoming of a Scotland manager if he was to say he wanted England to get pumped.

He's given a pretty diplomatic answer really. Still a fud though.
    Agree with all of that he is just being diplomatic and saying what most if not all would say in his position.

There are a million and one reasons why Levein should get punted from the Scotland job. Wanting England to put in a decent performance for their manager isn't one of them.

In fact, given the petty and - in the case of The Sun - disgraceful reaction to Hodgson's appointment over everyone's favourite "Our 'arry", I agree with him - on that point, and that point alone.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Move on nothing to see apart from another .net over reaction.

Aye, but he's still a fud

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I may be in a small minority, but I hope both England and Ireland do well. I have no problem with them.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Oh, the irony.

Irony is winning the title in Fergie time mate.. Hahahahaha...........

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    If Potter's watching his mate at least that'll take his mind off destroying Scotland for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Irony is winning the title in Fergie time mate.. Hahahahaha...........
    Nothing like a swift change of subject after being gazumped in your efforts to ridicule the good members of hibs.net.

Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I don't see what he has said there that is so wrong?
    C'mon m59, Levein implied that he wanted our nearest neighbours to do well at a football tournament. It's a hanging offence at best.

It's alright for everyone to have a favourite English team but actually saying anything supportive of the English nation is a no-no in Salmond's Scotland.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Levein for England.

Hodgson was only ever a compromise candidate for the forthcoming tournament, what has he ever done on the international stage?

They need a much younger tactically aware manager (preferably with glasses) who knows how to set out a 10 man defence.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wotherspiniesta View Post
    Nothing like a swift change of subject after being gazumped in your efforts to ridicule the good members of hibs.net.

Well played.
    Never miss an opportunity to wind up one of you lot..

My effort still stands pal.. .net members need to build bridges and get a life..

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Never miss an opportunity to wind up one of you lot..

My effort still stands pal.. .net members need to build bridges and get a life..
    Endearing yourself to the masses I see.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Leith Sansiro
    Some people are starting to become caricatures with the scrutiny and over reaction to every word that comes out of Levien's mouth and remember what paper your reading, at no point does he say he supports England and this headline has gotten the exact predictable reaction it was aiming to get. He just says he'd like them to do well I would like Steven Fletcher to do well at wolves but that doesn't make me a wolves fan I just have an emotional attachment to those involved. If I supported an English team would that make me partly an English football fan making me an England fan... No it wouldn't.

Even if he does have a soft spot for England who cares? some of scotland better players in the past 30-40 years have come from england and some coaches, was anyone really that bothered about Terry Butcher being part of the back room staff under Burley? I don't think so and you can bet your bottom dollar he was a bigger England supporter than Scotland.

Ignoring all the other stuff the only thing I would complain about from that article is the fact it sounds as if he tries to compare Italy's match fixing issues with England injuries/racism/lack of time to prepare and I'm picking holes in things by even highlighting that, people need to get a grip and take off the Green tinted glasses.

lay of potter ... at least until he messes up the next qualifiers by playing 11 keepers against Wales.