hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Craig Thomson (merged)

Without coming across as being too James Bondish or Celtic paranoiac, I sent a 'dossier' to the club about Craig Thomson's performances against us over recent seasons. Reply below.

Dear CA

Thank you for your email. Your points are noted and certainly some of the sentiment is shared by the Club.

We have collated supporter feedback to add to our own regarding the refereeing of the Cup Final and other games and will take that forward to the appropriate bodies. As ever, we will do this professionally and via the correct channels, and rest assured we will always take on those who are against Hibernian. On any issue facing the Club or the wider game in Scotland. There are many challenges facing us at the moment.

Thanks again for writing in and Ihope you appreciate that I cannot be as expansive by way of reply. Yourfeedback is appreciated.

All the best

Fife
    Hibernian FC

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quite right.

It's about time we, as a club, started standing up for ourselves a bit more. Although he can't be held fully responsible for our cup final collapse, the game could have been a whole lot different if it had a less corrupt referee in charge.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I understand why the club do it quietly and professionally but I think there's an argument to take the whole thing public with Thomson.

I said before the final he wasn't biased just pish....I was wrong, to not send black off and then give them that penalty was the actions of a cheat and everyone should be made aware of what he's really all about.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Hmmm. Not sure the professional approach and doing things via the correct channels is working.

The club put in a protest to the SFA about the cup final appointment prior to the match and it was ignored.

The club needs to be seen to stand up for itself. The appointment of Thomson and his subsequent performance was an utter disgrace, and Hibs should be saying so publicly IMO.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Can't be arsed with this at all. Thomson had a bad final, the players wearing Hibs strips were an absolute disgrace and had been all season. The only people who are "against Hibs" are the ***te players we've had the misfortune of watching recently. All efforts need to be focused on making sure this doesn't happen again instead of trying to pretend there's been any agenda against us which is fanciful, embarrassing and a complete waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can't be arsed with this at all. Thomson had a bad final, the players wearing Hibs strips were an absolute disgrace and had been all season. The only people who are "against Hibs" are the ***te players we've had the misfortune of watching recently. All efforts need to be focused on making sure this doesn't happen again instead of trying to pretend there's been any agenda against us which is fanciful, embarrassing and a complete waste of time.
    Nobody will disagree with you that the players were to blame for us losing the cup final BUT the animosity towards Thomson is not just about how he handled that game. There's a catalogue of situations building up where his incompetence has cost us dear. Should we just accept that or should we complain?
    This is how it feels

Agree totally. Ref was poor, we were much much worse.

So what was your take on the Black elbow to Griffiths?

Do you reckon the penalty was inside the box?

Do you think Kujabi's foul on Suso was any worse than Skacel's foul on Stevenson?

The first two are major turning points in the game. Major decisions that have gone against Hibs.

Thomson is a cheat, plain and simple. If that makes me sound fanciful or embarassing then so be it. That's how it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    You're missing the point
    This is how it feels

Do you hear anybody saying we should have won the game? This isn't about the players. Pick a thread, there's plenty player bashing somewhere to be had on the board. This is a discussion about the bias of the referee.

The fixture i'm most eagerly awaiting.this season is Thomsons first one at ER. 'twill be a good one

We have been terrible all season no need to blame anyone else, refs included , except the Hibs team.

Some incidents may well have gone against us, but Hearts would still have won that game easily.

Ok, but still don't think we have grounds for complaint. I think he is a poor ref, but I do not think he is a cheat.

Ok, but still don't think we have grounds for complaint. I think he is a poor ref, but I do not think he is a cheat.
    Yet the SFA think he's our best and he's off to the Euro's

The 'errors' in the final were disgusting and fundamentally affected the game
    This is how it feels

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post
    We have been terrible all season no need to blame anyone else, refs included , except the Hibs team.

Some incidents may well have gone against us, but Hearts would still have won that game easily.
    No disagreement here niffy BUT just because we were ******* it doesn't mean we should ignore decisions that fundamentally affected games we were in
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    It's happened all too often for him NOT to be a cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    The fixture i'm most eagerly awaiting.this season is Thomsons first one at ER. 'twill be a good one
    Personally I hope it never happens.

I'd much prefer that we had an evens chance of securing three ponts at each of our home games next season.

Yes Thomdon did make a lot of decisions that were more than questionable!

However we were not at the races, quite a few neutrals came up and told me how one sided the final was. We had no fight nor passion. We gave it away .... We cant keep blaming others for the problems we have had for a few seasons. We cannot afford the calibre of player we want but on the other cannot seem to produce any youngsters that can make it in the first team. Maybe like the riordans , browns etc they just need more time and better players to play with to improve??

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Yet the SFA think he's our best and he's off to the Euro's

The 'errors' in the final were disgusting and fundamentally affected the game
    Agree. The "ERRORS" were grave. No denying that Hearts were the better team, but the best team doesn't always win. Thompson made sure that they did.
    Last edited by Hibrandenburg; 04-06-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BEEJ View Post
    Personally I hope it never happens.

I'd much prefer that we had an evens chance of securing three ponts at each of our home games next season.
    I think expecting him NEVER to ref us again is slightly fanciful

Quote Originally Posted by Niffy View Post

I'm not sure hearts would have won that game easily at all.

If they were down to ten men then we might have won it easily.

If a free kick was given and kujabi shown his first yellow we might have continued to get back into the game, which we had been doing since we scored. Hearts were rocking at the end of the first half.

I'm sorry but we were cheated!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Am aiming to travel up for it, just for the occasion.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    . Should we just accept that or should we complain?
    Pretty much every team in the word will have a ref or a number of refs they can say these things about. Maybe he does have it in for us, maybe he doesn't. We lost the final because of the players and the tactics, we lost the season because of the players and the tactics. Complaining about refereeing will change absolutely nothing in terms of how successful we'll be in the future or even in terms of refereeing. It sends out the wrong message. Everyone associated with the club- players, management, board- need to acknowledge that they were a complete failure last season, complaining about other people compromises this realisation and is a waste of time. We need to be looking inwards at the moment and nowhere else to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Pretty much every team in the word will have a ref or a number of refs they can say these things about. Maybe he does have it in for us, maybe he doesn't. We lost the final because of the players and the tactics, we lost the season because of the players and the tactics. Complaining about refereeing will change absolutely nothing in terms of how successful we'll be in the future or even in terms of refereeing. It sends out the wrong message. Everyone associated with the club- players, management, board- need to acknowledge that they were a complete failure last season, complaining about other people compromises this realisation and is a waste of time. We need to be looking inwards at the moment and nowhere else to make sure this doesn't happen again.
    Again, I am not disputing we were pish last season but that doesn't stop me from acknowledging that CT cost us on more than one occasion.
    This is how it feels

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I thought that was a decent response from the club and it sounds like they are doing something about it. I am glad to hear that. Of course, we would be mad to think the SFA would actually do anything about it. Nevertheless, it will be unwanted pressure and attention for him.

Speaking of which....what games is he reffing at the Euros? Here's hoping he has as bad a stinker there and suffers utter ridicule and humiliation in front of a world tv audience. My fingers are firmly crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by gegs70 View Post
    Yes Thomdon did make a lot of decisions that were more than questionable!

However we were not at the races, quite a few neutrals came up and told me how one sided the final was. We had no fight nor passion. We gave it away .... We cant keep blaming others for the problems we have had for a few seasons. We cannot afford the calibre of player we want but on the other cannot seem to produce any youngsters that can make it in the first team. Maybe like the riordans , browns etc they just need more time and better players to play with to improve??
    Clearly we were crap in the first half and fortunate to go in at the interval just a goal down.

But we'll never know whether the second half might have been different thanks to one of those glaring errors of Thomson's. Even if we had lost, it wouldn't have been by a four goal margin.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Clearly we were crap in the first half and fortunate to go in at the interval just a goal down.

But we'll never know whether the second half might have been different thanks to one of those glaring errors of Thomson's. Even if we had lost, it wouldn't have been by a four goal margin.
    I think you are being generous to call them "errors". It was as good an example of bias/cheating as I have ever seen.

Even the first half might have been different if he'd shown Black the red he deserved for his assault on Griffiths
    This is how it feels

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Again, I am not disputing we were pish last season but that doesn't stop me from acknowledging that CT cost us on more than one occasion.
    He'll have cost loads of teams on loads of occasions, he's a ref, it's what they do. He didn't cost us the final, Hibs did. We need to be asking questions of ourselves alone to make sure that we're ready to move forward.

Your missing the point - big time.

It is possible to focus on two issues at the one time, rather than by focussing on one being in denial of the other.