hibs.net Messageboard

Pacquaio vs Bradley

Anyone watching this?

I think I'll get a few of the boys round for this one. We probably won't watch it and just get drunk by the time it starts!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pacquiao to get another big points win or late stoppage.

Then he, Bob Arum, Floyd and Richard Schaefer can think up some more reasons not to make the fight everyone actually wants to see.

I've not seen Bradley fight but have read some of his comments and he seems to want to fight and is up for it.

And you're right about the other non fight.

I think mayweather will need to come back down a weight id it is going to happen.

I'm going to watch a rerun of the Hatton Mayweather as I've not seen it since it happened. Going to watch Hatton Tszyu as I've never seen it.

Do you know of any good sites for watching old fights? I want to watch the Calzaghe Lacy fight again but I've been unable to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not seen Bradley fight but have read some of his comments and he seems to want to fight and is up for it.

And you're right about the other non fight.

I think mayweather will need to come back down a weight id it is going to happen.

I'm going to watch a rerun of the Hatton Mayweather as I've not seen it since it happened. Going to watch Hatton Tszyu as I've never seen it.

Do you know of any good sites for watching old fights? I want to watch the Calzaghe Lacy fight again but I've been unable to find it.
    Youtube used to be good for finding full fights, most of them broken down.into 3 or 4 parts. The Hatton v Tszyu fight is definitely on there in full. I was at that fight in Manchester, wasn't pretty but for sheer guts and bravery its unmissable.

As for Bradley, he's decent but not in the league of Pacquiao or Mayweather.

Mayweathers next move will depend on whether they can get Pacquiao back to the table. He went up to light middleweight before to beat De La Hoya before dropping back down, he only came in at 151lbs for the Cotton fight so getting back to 147 would be easy enough for him. The only obvious fight for him if he stayed at 156 would be Sergio Martinez, that would be a fight worth seeing. Without Pacquiao there isn't a lot left for Mayweather at 147, maybe Alvarez or Khan.

I watched the Tszyu fight, I was really surprised when he didn't come out for the 11th. I must admit I had a niggling feeling that something wasn't right with that. All credit to Hatton though, he literally beat him into submission to the poit Tszyu couldn't speak to his corner team!

Watched the Mayweather, first time since watching it drunk when it happened. It wasn't as one sided as I remembered but Mayweather was still pulling away and would have won the fight. Cortez stifled his game plan in the early rounds by constantly breaking them up, he didn't get the chance to smother him like he did with Tszyu.

I'll try and get the Lacy fight one YouTube tonight.

As for Mayweather, I think if he fights Khan it'll be if Khan can bring a lot of money to the table. Is Khan a big PPV attraction in America? I wouldn't have thought so.

I'll watch his fight next week though.

I might just watch the pacqauio fight on Sunday morning rather than staying up til half five. Can't be bothered cleaning up after all my mates coming over for the fight!

Probably the worst (maybe most corrupt) decision I've seen in the sport.

For the first 7 rounds Pacquaio had the fight under control. He was hurting Bradley at will at not getting hurt himself at any time.

From the 8th onwards Bradley got a second wind. He still wasn't hurting Manny though. He probably shared a couple and nicked a couple from that point.

For two judges to give him the fight by two rounds is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    Probably the worst (maybe most corrupt) decision I've seen in the sport.

For the first 7 rounds Pacquaio had the fight under control. He was hurting Bradley at will at not getting hurt himself at any time.

From the 8th onwards Bradley got a second wind. He still wasn't hurting Manny though. He probably shared a couple and nicked a couple from that point.

For two judges to give him the fight by two rounds is a disgrace.
    Absolutely disagree. I don't think there could've been much of an argument had it been a narrow Pacquiao win, a draw, or a narrow Bradley win. Thought Bradley won the first 2 at least and definitely the last 3 or 4.

I have definitely seen worse decisions than that.

Pacquiao was average IMO and has been the last couple of times I've seen him, needed a kick up the erse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Absolutely disagree. I don't think there could've been much of an argument had it been a narrow Pacquiao win, a draw, or a narrow Bradley win. Thought Bradley won the first 2 at least and definitely the last 3 or 4.

I have definitely seen worse decisions than that.

Pacquiao was average IMO and has been the last couple of times I've seen him, needed a kick up the erse.
    You'll not be shocked then to learn that I disagree with most of that.

The first round was debatable.

Bradley was lucky to have not been put on his erse in the 2nd. A definite Pacquiao round.

Manny won every round from that until the 8th at least.

Even if you give Bradley the first and all the rounds from 8 to 12, that still gives it a draw. The fact is it's very debatable whether he did win those rounds. Manny was miles ahead in each of the middle rounds.

I do agree that Pacquiao wasn't at his best and did need a kick up the erse. He seemed to be toying with Bradley when he should have, and normally would have, put him away.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...ion?CMP=twt_gu
    Last edited by HibeeMG; 10-06-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMG View Post
    You'll not be shocked then to learn that I disagree with most of that.

The first round was debatable.

Bradley was lucky to have not been put on his erse in the 2nd. A definite Pacquiao round.

Manny won every round from that until the 8th at least.

Even if you give Bradley the first and all the rounds from 8 to 12, that still gives it a draw. The fact is it's very debatable whether he did win those rounds. Manny was miles ahead in each of the middle rounds.

I do agree that Pacquiao wasn't at his best and did need a kick up the erse. He seemed to be toying with Bradley when he should have, and normally would have, put him away.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012...ion?CMP=twt_gu
    Fair enough. My own view was that Bradley shaded it slightly and I don't think the decision is as bad as is being made out. Seems I am in the minority though so who knows.

Fair enough. My own view was that Bradley shaded it slightly and I don't think the decision is as bad as is being made out. Seems I am in the minority though so who knows.
    Agree.

I scored the fight as i watched it and had Pacquaio by one round. As you say above though didnt think anyone would be too shocked if it was a draw or a narrow Bradley decision. Slightly shocked to see it being described as 'corrupt'. I'm not naive enough to believe boxing is 100% legitimate but I've seen far, far worse than last nights decision.

The Clottey, Mosely, Marquez and now Bradley fights prove what I've said all along imo, Pacquiao is a level below Floyd Mayweather.

Edit:

Just noticed that both World boxing news (the guy who runs that is massively knowledgeable) and the ESPN ringside scorer had the fight at 118-110 Bradley. Certainly seems generous to me but shows a few observers who weren't in on any 'corruption' called it widely for Bradley. Bradley also fractured an ankle in the 2nd round.
    Last edited by Pretty Boy; 10-06-2012 at 09:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member brythehibby's Avatar
    Well i stayed up and watched it on the laptop and fell asleep after the 10th. I did think that pac man had won it by that point so was surprised to find out he lost tbh. Bradley never had him in real trouble like pacquiao did in a few of the rounds.

But after seeing his last 3/4 fights him and mayweather would be very one sided. He looks like hes lost his boxing edge big time and its a tragedy they 2 didnt get it on 3 or 4 years ago when they were both in their prime.

Just watched the fight, glad I never stayed up for it.

Surprised by the decision TBH but pacqauio barely threw a punch in the last 3 rounds.

After those 3 fights I don't even care about Mayweather now. Pacqauio is finished if he can't get Bradley out of there.

Bradley had no power at all. Mayweather would kill Bradley.

The Mayweather fight is gone now anyway. Mayweather will laugh if pacman offers to take the 40 million now.

First Team Breakthrough
    pacquiao had the fight delayed so he could watch the end of a basketball match and the parasite that is bob arum let him. the end of the road is near for pacman

It was a half decent fight but not amazing. I can't remember the last time I seen a decent high-profile boxing match to be honest.

Mayweather Cotto was decent recently. As was Cotto Margarito.

Pacqauio vs Margarito was my favourite 'recent' one but that was about 18 months ago I think.

It was a half decent fight but not amazing. I can't remember the last time I seen a decent high-profile boxing match to be honest.
    Last fight I really enjoyed was Froch v Kessler.

I always enjoy watching Mayweather fight but he's so dominant he barely even loses rounds. A joy to watch such technical ability but not much of a spectacle.