hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Had a good day. 18th gonna be some hole come Ryder Cup. Oh and yes the Aberdeen Anus burgers were great. I was actually surprised at how many average to plain crap shots I witnessed. Only saw about a handful of wow shots to be fair even though followed a few of the big name players. On a day like today they should have been knocking the pins out.
    Think I will give them a miss!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: xoROOSKYox
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Think I will give them a miss!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    I worked at gleneagles for 2 years and loved this time of year. Amazing watching these guys up close

Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    Think it depends if they're all available, if it's full strength they'll have one off plus 2 and I think another four off seven and under including one of the under sixteens.
    great occasion for them all though, but I think libertons experience may see them through as it's more or less the same laddies that won the Scottish two years ago. All about who turns up on the day though.
    My lad Jamie won on 18. He says lad he beat got to last 16 of Scottish boys. He's so down tho as Turnhouse got narrowly beat. I'm proud of him as he's struggled bit this year but is now hitting form

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    My lad Jamie won on 18. He says lad he beat got to last 16 of Scottish boys. He's so down tho as Turnhouse got narrowly beat. I'm proud of him as he's struggled bit this year but is now hitting form
    Good scalp for Jamie, no disgrace the team lost though as liberton are a very experienced team with most of them in their last year. Hope he keeps his head up as he's obviously a very talented laddie!!

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Brilliant. He will remember this long after the disappointment and will take the positives into future matches and situations. Confidence is key in golf as you probably well know.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Tonight is our 3-club challenge - taking 3W, PW and putter - over 13 holes. Always a hoot!
    Pissed it . 1 over 4s after 13. My gross beat the rest of the field's nett HOWEVER, today with 13 clubs I was about 10 shots worse off for the same holes!! Bloody game drives you mental!

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Talking about .net day I quite fancied cocopops offer at Gifford.
    Offer still stands if there was enough interest, Course is pretty wet at the moment greens are stunning though, medal today played some nice golf with a minging hangover sadly the few bad holes were very bad net 75 which should have been a good few shots better that said there was a net 61 in from the group in front so nae chance lol
    Last edited by cocopops1875; 02-09-2012 at 06:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ah well another medal round bites the dust. Shot 75-4=71 for a comfortable buffer today then got back in to the bar just as Paul Cairney equalised.

Life ain't so bad after all.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Ah well that's yet another competitive golf season come to an end so I can now concentrate on being a professional Hibs supporter until the start of next season.

I've had a real up and down year, distinctly average but the poor rounds were occasionally punctuated by a really good round which only serve to bluff you into thinking that you've eventually cracked this infuriating game.

I played 28 medal rounds - started the season with a handicap of 3.3 and finished it at 3.2 so I've suffered all that friggin heartache and exasperation for a measly reduction of 0.1.

Bah, I really hate this game but can't wait to get started again next March.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I've played one round of golf this year - The Carrick outing we had back in March.

I've been insanely busy this year, so it's been a necessary evil TBH.

However, I would now like a round somewhere, ANYWHERE if possible.

I'm back staying with my folks in the run up to getting married in a few weeks, so if anyone in the Edinburgh/West Lothian area fancies laughing at me hacking my way around their track, I'd welcome any offers
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Scott as always the offer to play at mines is there just get in touch via pm or facebook with Saturday/sundays you are available
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    I've played one round of golf this year - The Carrick outing we had back in March.

I've been insanely busy this year, so it's been a necessary evil TBH.

However, I would now like a round somewhere, ANYWHERE if possible.

I'm back staying with my folks in the run up to getting married in a few weeks, so if anyone in the Edinburgh/West Lothian area fancies laughing at me hacking my way around their track, I'd welcome any offers
    How does tomorrow at Turnhouse suit you?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Cheers for the offer Dave.

Have a kilt fitting ahead of my wedding tomorrow, so I'm busy most of the morning and then have to nip into Edinburgh with the other half to pick a few things up in the afternoon!
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Season ends for me on Saturday.

Started with a handicap of 3.4, finished with 4.6. Horrible season, went up by 0.1 in every medal I played, didn't hit a buffer zone and certainly never even looked at winning anything.

Driving was horrible and that's what was costing me big time. Was generally having to use my 2nd shot just to get into play and suddenly that's a shot thrown away. The most annoying part is my long to mid iron and pitching and chipping was good. Putting was on the poor side of average. Going to spend the winter with a couple of lessons and then get to the range and play a few rounds in the winter eclectic to try and get everything sorted out.

This time last year I genuinely thought I was heading for a handicap in the region of scratch within a couple of years, now I'm back up at 5!

Kept season going another game. Son and me won our family foursome semi in near darkness on the last at Turnhouse

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Very quiet season for me, frustrated early on in the year when I wasn't able to re-new my membership as I was meant to be moving away but after finding out I was staying in Edinburgh and on the back of the wet season which has ruined Kingsknowe I'm glad I never had a membership this year.

Played a few times over the summer but not enough to see any signs of improvement.

One positive is discovering a new course, played Kingsfield out near Linlithgow a few times now, cracking wee 9 hole course.

If any club regulars are looking for a game over the winter and needing a partner give me a shout.

AAAAHHHH! That's better

I just cannot get into single figures

Parred 9 of the first 10 holes - a double on the other hole - and was safely thinking this was it - single figure handicapper!! But leaked 7 shots in 8 holes and hello buffer again! I could cry!! Think I'll take up ping-pong.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    AAAAHHHH! That's better

I just cannot get into single figures

Parred 9 of the first 10 holes - a double on the other hole - and was safely thinking this was it - single figure handicapper!! But leaked 7 shots in 8 holes and hello buffer again! I could cry!! Think I'll take up ping-pong.
    And there's the reason!

I do exactly the same - start thinking about the finishing line and potential success - and disaster is just around the corner.

I think what happens is that we start protecting our card and as a result, the swing changes, strokes become a bit less positive, and we pay the price.

My best rounds have come when I've not been paying attention to my running total.

That's hard to do at our level, but it's vital imo.

Anyway, bring on the winter golf!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    And there's the reason!

I do exactly the same - start thinking about the finishing line and potential success - and disaster is just around the corner.

I think what happens is that we start protecting our card and as a result, the swing changes, strokes become a bit less positive, and we pay the price.

My best rounds have come when I've not been paying attention to my running total.

That's hard to do at our level, but it's vital imo.

Anyway, bring on the winter golf!
    I am sure you're right .. but paying attention to my golf is about all I pay attention to!

Our WL starts on 21st October so I can still be make it this week!

If it's any consolation liberton won the Scottish final today :)
    Bodes well for turnhouse next year if a lot of the team are still juniors!

Got beat on a count back to win my first medal yesterday :( doubled the last after splitting the fairway 140 yards from the green, ersehole.

First Team Breakthrough PerthHibby's Avatar
    Double bogeys at 3 and 5 today and finished with a scratch 69, lowest round of the year...crazy!

Up to 10.2 .. holing everything inside 8 feet but cannae hole anything outside 8 feet! Burning the hole but they just will NOT go in!!!

STUPID BLOODY GAME!!!

If it's any consolation liberton won the Scottish final today :)
    Bodes well for turnhouse next year if a lot of the team are still juniors!
    Is your boy, in the lothians team by any chance?

Up to 10.2 .. holing everything inside 8 feet but cannae hole anything outside 8 feet! Burning the hole but they just will NOT go in!!!

STUPID BLOODY GAME!!!
    I'm the opposite, short putts killing me at the moment, going into winter is no going to help either.
    We play greens all year but they get a bit ropey over the winter..

Quote Originally Posted by PerthHibby View Post
    I'm the opposite, short putts killing me at the moment, going into winter is no going to help either.
    We play greens all year but they get a bit ropey over the winter..
    We get spoiled here - winter greens are a very last resort. Ours were pencil cored a few weeks back and now in fabulous conditions for November. So, I need another excuse

We get spoiled here - winter greens are a very last resort. Ours were pencil cored a few weeks back and now in fabulous conditions for November. So, I need another excuse

Your location suggests you play at Monifieth ?

Only played there once but thoroughly enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthHibby View Post
    Is your boy, in the lothians team by any chance?
    Na, not up to that standard yet :) but played for liberton in the Lothian stages of the competition so will be getting a Scottish medal.

Na, not up to that standard yet :) but played for liberton in the Lothian stages of the competition so will be getting a Scottish medal.
    There's a Jamie in my sons squad, wondered if it was your boy.