hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Texas scramble today, don't know where they're going to find three drives from me :(
    Well?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Well?
    With combined handicap of 57 we weren't expecting much. Birdied the first three and held pars till the eighth when heavens opened. Game was up the pole after that but still managed scratch level par with a double, yes I said double :) not bad considering the weather, but five short of the winning score. Really enjoyable format though, that can either put you under a lot of pressure or let you relax and smack the ball.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I had a game over Gullane 1 today and it was a real pleasure. If there is better turf anywhere in Scotland then I've still to see it. Not a bit of mud to be found anywhere and the greens were in pristine condition.

I normally play on an inland course and this season I've almost become accustomed to playing "preferred lies" -------- previously unknown in the summer months!!

And oh aye --------- I played very well today so I must have been inspired by the surroundings.

+4 for 13 holes last night - but had to run to pick up the wee man. A repeat on Sunday should see me in single figs!!

I'm playing in an Open Tournament at Torwoodlee GC, Galashiels tomorrow. I've been drawn to play with a guy who was an ex professional with St Johnstone & Falkirk and who currently plays off a handicap of +1. Looking forward to it - plenty of fitba chat on the way round!

Started to hit my new driver eventually on Thursday, it's going a long way (for me anyways) and it's the stroke play championship this weekend so here's hoping! If I can find the fairways I've got an outside chance off what my handicap has rose to. As a side note I was playing along side a 14 year old last week who won our gents medal, how do they hit the ball so ***** far? Par 3 155 yards into a breez., seven iron for myself, pitching wedge for him. Felt like wrapping ny driver round his neck! :)

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Technique. That's what I'm going with. :)

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    +4 for 13 holes last night - but had to run to pick up the wee man. A repeat on Sunday should see me in single figs!!
    Didnae happen .. again!

Started to hit my new driver eventually on Thursday, it's going a long way (for me anyways) and it's the stroke play championship this weekend so here's hoping! If I can find the fairways I've got an outside chance off what my handicap has rose to. As a side note I was playing along side a 14 year old last week who won our gents medal, how do they hit the ball so ***** far? Par 3 155 yards into a breez., seven iron for myself, pitching wedge for him. Felt like wrapping ny driver round his neck! :)
    My 12 y-o hit a 275/280 yard last week .. he will be thrashing me on every occasion soon! Little shht!

Played first medal of year on Wednesday as work and weather has been manic. Managed to hit a 77 with a 7,6,6 (lost ball) on card. SS was 72 so got cut

Playing the stableford at Turhhouse today so please let the sun shine.

I had a 4 Putt today at Haddington. WTF!!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Usual game of two halves for me in todays stableford.

Started with a lovely 9 up the first (I know I could have picked up but I needed the practice )

Recovered to be sitting on 22 points after 12 which wasn't too shabby.

Then proceeded to lose 4 balls in the next 6 holes and scraped 28 points.

Its gonna come together eventually
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Usual game of two halves for me in todays stableford.

Started with a lovely 9 up the first (I know I could have picked up but I needed the practice )

Recovered to be sitting on 22 points after 12 which wasn't too shabby.

Then proceeded to lose 4 balls in the next 6 holes and scraped 28 points.

Its gonna come together eventually
    Game of two halves indeed! I was out in a one under par 34 but back in a miserable 8 over par 43. Not good of a 4 handicap! It's enough to drive you to drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Game of two halves indeed! I was out in a one under par 34 but back in a miserable 8 over par 43. Not good of a 4 handicap! It's enough to drive you to drink.

2 over 37 followed by a 7 over 43 at Haddington yesterday. 6 over fir the last 6 without doing too much wrong. Very frustrating.

Today I three putted from 3 ft. Tried to angrily back hand the return in and it hadn't htthe hole would have been 12ft rather the 1ft I was faced with. Twat.

I had a 4 Putt today at Haddington. WTF!!!!!!!
    This cost me the top handicap prize. Dick

This cost me the top handicap prize. Dick
    Hard lines, Dick

One that may be of interest to some on here, liberton juniors play turnhouse on Sunday in the semis of the junior league at West Linton. Liberton won the inter club on Sunday and are gunning for the double but I believe the turnhouse laddies (and possibly lassies) are quite strong so it should be a close match.
    Think I'll go through to watch later on when the first matches will be nearing the back nine.

Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Hard lines, Dick
    Im over it. Bring on the weekend!!!!

One that may be of interest to some on here, liberton juniors play turnhouse on Sunday in the semis of the junior league at West Linton. Liberton won the inter club on Sunday and are gunning for the double but I believe the turnhouse laddies (and possibly lassies) are quite strong so it should be a close match.
    Think I'll go through to watch later on when the first matches will be nearing the back nine.
    My laddie, Jamie, has just got the nod for this match. He's struggled this year but a couple of 75's have got him back in there for Turnhouse.

Going by handicaps the Liberton lads should win but you never know.

p.s. he enjoyed the hibs.net carrick day out.....are we having a late summer day oot

I'm heading to Gleneagles on Thursday to watch the Johnnie Walker championship. It's a quality field and the last qualifying event before the Ryder Cup team is picked. Looking forward to it - free ticket to boot!

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    My laddie, Jamie, has just got the nod for this match. He's struggled this year but a couple of 75's have got him back in there for Turnhouse.

Going by handicaps the Liberton lads should win but you never know.

p.s. he enjoyed the hibs.net carrick day out.....are we having a late summer day oot
    Think it depends if they're all available, if it's full strength they'll have one off plus 2 and I think another four off seven and under including one of the under sixteens.
    great occasion for them all though, but I think libertons experience may see them through as it's more or less the same laddies that won the Scottish two years ago. All about who turns up on the day though.
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 21-08-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Talking about .net day I quite fancied cocopops offer at Gifford.

I'm heading to Gleneagles on Thursday to watch the Johnnie Walker championship. It's a quality field and the last qualifying event before the Ryder Cup team is picked. Looking forward to it - free ticket to boot!
    Same for me GB except doing the Friday.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    How about this for a rescue club?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    How about this for a rescue club?
    Haha, does it come with a blow up tiger woods like the autopilot in airplane?

Same for me GB except doing the Friday.
    Hope you enjoy today as much as I enjoyed yesterday. I couldn't believe just how quiet it was and the spectators that were there seemed happy to congregate on the holes which were in close proximity to the 1st, 11th, and eighteenth tees. It made for great viewing if you ventured further out on to the golf course.

However I'm still a bit unsure as to how the course will stand up for the Ryder Cup in 2014 as I thought a few of the holes were distinctly average. I'm pretty certain that further course alterations will be made prior to the big event.

I was also very impressed with the Aberdeen Angus burgers - most hellish tasty without a doubt!

Last edited by Golden Bear; 24-08-2012 at 12:34 PM.

I got free tickets too (don't know why .. being a club captain? ) from Johnnie Walker so hoping to head on Sunday pm

Tonight is our 3-club challenge - taking 3W, PW and putter - over 13 holes. Always a hoot!

Gamer IDs

Got free tickets for the weekend - sorted
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Hope you enjoy today as much as I enjoyed yesterday. I couldn't believe just how quiet it was and the spectators that were there seemed happy to congregate on the holes which were in close proximity to the 1st, 11th, and eighteenth tees. It made for great viewing if you ventured further out on to the golf course.

However I'm still a bit unsure as to how the course will stand up for the Ryder Cup in 2014 as I thought a few of the holes were distinctly average. I'm pretty certain that further course alterations will be made prior to the big event.

I was also very impressed with the Aberdeen Angus burgers - most hellish tasty without a doubt!

Had a good day. 18th gonna be some hole come Ryder Cup. Oh and yes the Aberdeen Anus burgers were great. I was actually surprised at how many average to plain crap shots I witnessed. Only saw about a handful of wow shots to be fair even though followed a few of the big name players. On a day like today they should have been knocking the pins out.

Gamer IDs

Great day oot today

A lot of the holes seem to have natural amphitheatres around them which was great

Lawrie played some superb shots and with gallacher and monty up there tomorrow should be good fun

Burgers were excellent