hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Im in the final of the Auld Gits Championship. Back's ******. Final is a week tomorrow. Looks like a walkover for my opponent. Gutted. Never been a proper champion.
    My dad qualified for the finals but missed his first match as he was unwell.

Shame, as he was salivating at the level of opposition
    Last edited by Sylar; 15-06-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    My dad qualified for the finals but missed his first match as he was unwell.

Shame, as he was salivating at the level of opposition
    Hes right. Havent been past the 14th yet.

Guys - if ever you are looking for an after dinner speaker for the golf club go for Alan Tait. The Dalmahoy pro was simply outstanding at our Sportsmans last night. Great golf stories and brilliant banter. He was a gent also and just a punter - a few lagers before and after he entertained us. Cannot commend him highly enough. We doubled him up with retired solicitor Bill Copeland and he was very funny also.

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Thanks to I'm Cabbaged for taking me and my mate John, round Liberton this afternoon.

I thoroughly enjoyed it, although my golf wasn't at its best, and Willie's hospitality was first class.

I'm looking forward to playing there again in the Silloth in July.
    More than welcome radge, looking forward to the company tomorrow even though my game is in tatters.

Tonight i decided to go over to the practice ground but all the wee kids were running about so i decided just to drop 3 balls on the grass field near it and hit back and forth with a pitching wedge. It only dawned on me after i hit the 3 that the field was covered in daisys................20 minutes or so later i found the 3rd ball and decided i'd best go home.

Muppet!

Great day at Turnhouse yesterday courtesy of radge and his mate John. Managed to get a half with a birdie at the last, nice wee dink out the rough with my 56 wedge. Course is in tip top condition and I struggled with the pace of the greens to start with (liberton's are horrible :( ) .
    Ball striking was not too bad though and scoring 35 points with four or five three stabs is not too shabby :)
    Signs of improvement are there and Radge was striking the ball well also.
    Looking forward to the rest of season now except from the phrase that seems to be in every game being arranged "WEATHER PERMITTING !!"

Went today for a round which got better as the round went on, rained all the way round which was annoying, but not too heavy. First 9 (skipped 5 and 6 cos players were slow) was very poor. I think i was about 8 over for the 7 holes, really poor. I just kept having daft shots and taking one more per hole than i should be. Back 9 was much better. Started hitting the ball well off the tee, and doing better around the greens. Parred 10 and 11. Stupidly bogied 12 cos i went slightly left and had to play out rather than at the green, on an easyish hole. Parred 13, 14 and 15. Stupidly bogied 16 as well. Par 5 which i can reach in 2, but i topped my second and third shots cos i was trying WAY too hard to nail it. 17th was played great though, hit a great drive and left myself with just a pitching wedge which i hit dead at the pin, just unfortunately 10 feet short of the flag. Pulled my birdie putt but easy par. Then instead of completing a good back 9 on a fairly straight forward par 5, i ended by putting my drive in the bushes..........

The back 9 showed promise though, just need to keep playing and work on it.

Im in the final of the Auld Gits ChaBmpionship. Back's ******. Final is a week tomorrow. Looks like a walkover for my opponent. Gutted. Never been a proper champion.
    Well the final eventually got played tonight. I was first loser.1 over after 6 and 3 down. Didn't hit it great but Billy was very steady. I had a wee run of bogeys and was eventually beaten 7&5 by the better player who was 1 over the holes played. There's always next year.
    Handicap has slipped to 8 so it's B class qualifying at the weekend. Fingers crossed.

A few flashes of how I should be playing, radge on the other hand? Well put it this way I'm glad he's in the silloth with me ;)

3 and 1/2 Shanks today at Dunbar. Not too good. Pretty decent other than that. Lanark tomorrow. Gonna get soaked.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    A few flashes of how I should be playing, radge on the other hand? Well put it this way I'm glad he's in the silloth with me ;)
    John and I won our greensomes tie last night too. 4 and 3.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    What is "golf" by the way?

My local course was flooded out yet again today and I'm really, really getting *issed off with this ****** weather.

Played Lanark today. Very very wet fairways. Think there were more lakes than grass. Greens were excellent if a tad on he saw side from usual. Payed ok till a lost ball and the thought of going back didn't thrill me so didn't. Wasn't scoring so it was Nancy Regan on the card. Great course

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    John and I won our greensomes tie last night too. 4 and 3.
    Not surprised, you're a pair of ban, eh I mean you're hitting the ball well :)
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 19-07-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Busy 4 days ahead - bounce game tomorrow, taking a new member out on Friday and 06.45 Saturday and 07.15 Sunday. Magic!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by TQM View Post
    Busy 4 days ahead - bounce game tomorrow, taking a new member out on Friday and 06.45 Saturday and 07.15 Sunday. Magic!
    Any jobs going at the College right now?

Your schedule is brilliant
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Turnhouse Silloth tomorrow at long last - hardly hit a ball in weeks
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Had my worst score round my own course in 20 odd years tonight. Seriously bad. Thinking of chucking it all together. Not looking great for tomorrow Radge.
    Last edited by greenlex; 23-07-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Any jobs going at the College right now?

Your schedule is brilliant
    On ma hols! 3 weeks aff Did Sat/Sun/Mon/Tues/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun since breaking up Rest today and tomorrow but back Wednesday

Just cannot get to single figures though .. driving me mental. Two doubles on the front 9 were corrected by levels 4s on the first 7 holes of the back nine to 17 .. then, cue an 8!

****in hate the game!!

****in hate the game!!
    Feel your pain GL, after a few disastrous weeks I played in the last sixteen of the singles. Was 5 down after 6 :( Ditched the driver and went one over, over the next 7 holes pulling it back to 1 down after 5 of those holes, the bassa birdied the last of 2 of those though to go back to 3 down. Lost 3&2 but I hit a net 62 the next night with 2 trebles on my card there's some signs there.

Most social sport in the world, end of :)
    I'm ****ed.

Edit: fek me, thanks to radge for a good day. Hangover golf this morning 6,7,6,nr,5,5,nr clubhouse :)
    Last edited by I'm_cabbaged; 29-07-2012 at 11:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    Having been on a full golfing downer for 3 months (gone up from 16 to 17 in that time and genuinely needed another 10 strokes per round) stopped wanting to play, was begging for rain anything to avoid golf then i had a nightmare round on friday SHANKS the lot must have easily done over 100 if i had kept counting and not just picked up here and there, I hit my par today 17 over in a medal round and im just so happy hoping thats the start of the comeback
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Gamer IDs

Promising signs for me at last. Getting a bit more consistency off the tee and that definitely helps the confidence.

Still needing to practice more - especially round the greens.

Managed to birdie my nemesis (4th ) with a nice drive and 3 wood to the front of the green

Just cutting out the silly shots is my biggest problem.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

quick question for the Turnhouse lads on this thread, like BH and HR.

Looking to play my first Wednesday comp tomorrow. Do you just pitch up, stick your name in the computer, pay your money and play?

Got name down for the charity day on Sunday. Played it last year and was good fun. Weird giving away money for bad shots

Gamer IDs

Generally u need someone to play with unless there's someone teeing off at the same time u can ask to play with.

Not sure if tomorrow is a flyer or a medal - if its a medal then fourballs are not allowed

Radge and I are meant to be playing late afternoon - not sure if johns playing though

Forecast doesn't look great unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Generally u need someone to play with unless there's someone teeing off at the same time u can ask to play with.

Not sure if tomorrow is a flyer or a medal - if its a medal then fourballs are not allowed

Radge and I are meant to be playing late afternoon - not sure if johns playing though

Forecast doesn't look great unfortunately
    Thanks mate. Aye forecast looks iffy. Going out with my mate and as he's not played a Wed flyer then i was just unsure of the process.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Reading this thread I wish I was back home to play with you guys. What you guys call "pish" I call "great". I first played about 30 years ago but I was never a regular. I doubt that I played more than a dozen rounds a year and some years I wouldn't play at all. I played a little when I came over here but that was mostly a trip to Florida and a couple of one-offs.

BUT, I joined a league last year and it's soooooo much fun. It's not serious at all which is not to say that people cheat or anything like that. I'm bummed though because this week is the last week of the regular season. Started off with a hcp of 25.3 but it's down to 22.1 and with the scores I've been recording lately I think it's going down again.

My local course is just 9 holes and it's short but it's tight and the greens are tiny so it's good for practice. Last night I went out and started par, triple (ob), bogie (ob) and I thought that was it - the wheels had come off. But I guess that helped me relax and I managed par, bogie, par, bogie, bogie, par (which is good for me). If not for those two errant ob shots off the tee I would have scored 37 (par is only 33) and that would have been my best score.

Why is this game not called "If Only"?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jodjam View Post
    quick question for the Turnhouse lads on this thread, like BH and HR.

Looking to play my first Wednesday comp tomorrow. Do you just pitch up, stick your name in the computer, pay your money and play?

Got name down for the charity day on Sunday. Played it last year and was good fun. Weird giving away money for bad shots
    Aye I'm playing Sunday too

Missed it last year

If its money for bad shots - it could cost me a fortune

Texas scramble today, don't know where they're going to find three drives from me :(