Thread: Big Meeting

First Team Regular

Big Meeting

Hibs supporters ask to meet the board- on STV now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by archiebald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Has whoever it is told the board yet or just STV?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Meeting

Will this be an "Open Meeting" or just an invite to those selected Fans' Spokespeople?

Hibs Club and Mike Reilly..

Didn't know they spoke for all Hibs fans..(just on STV)

First Team Regular
    Oh dear-its Mr Reilly again
    Last edited by archiebald; 30-05-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Didn't know they spoke for all Hibs fans..(just on STV)

Again? What do we all allegedly want now?

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by archiebald View Post
    To congratulate them on reaching the cup final?

I'm always a bit concerned when a group or individual claims to speak on behalf of or for the 'majority' of fans.

One only has to look at the threads on here to see how much differing of opinion there is. Add to this the fact that a hell of a lot of fans aren't members of the supporters association or a supporters club, and to my knowledge the association has no agreed agenda and I must admit to not being overly happy that Mr Reilly wishes to speak to the club on my/our behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I must admit to not being overly happy that Mr Reilly wishes to speak to the club on my/our behalf.
    Especially seeing as he seems to be able to spectacularly go against the feeling of the majority of the Hibs support every time he opens his mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    He's probably worried that Rod's going to vote against a Rangers Newco getting straight back in.......

Quote Originally Posted by Westie1875 View Post
    I heard that top of his list was a demand that we play in maroon in future. FACT
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    'Our' spokesman is an utter bellend. Needs to stop veiling his own views as those of all Hibernian FC supporters.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Mike Reilly. Nuff said.

Comw on guys if it wasnt for these guys who would speak up for the real hibs supporters that guys a bawbag no more no less btw did not see him up at inverness or at many of the away games last season i wonder why

To save time later, can I disassociate myself in advance from whatever it is Reilly wants to say to the board?

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Mike Reilly. Nuff said.
    That man and his horse***** opinions that get transposed as being represtentative of "Hibs fans" =

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    How is it that a man who said "the SPL needs Rangers" whilst claiming to represent Hibs fans is taken seriously, by the club, by STV and so on...?

He doesn't represent me.

Of course the Association does not represent all hibs fans views, but a meeting has been called to ascertain as to what the plans are for the Club going forward, as the last few years have been nothing short of shambolic IMO, so again IMO asking the appropriate people these questions can only be a good thing.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Of course the Association does not represent all hibs fans views, but a meeting has been called to ascertain as to what the plans are for the Club going forward, as the last few years have been nothing short of shambolic IMO, so again IMO asking the appropriate people these questions can only be a good thing.
    Yes asking the appropriate questions IS a good thing........ but HE should be asking the fans FIRST what should be getting asked and not his own personal feelings/thoughts/questions. He does not and never will represent me nor anyone I know so he needs to get of his high horse and listen to the rest of the fans on what they want. Only then should he get anywhere near the board to ask questions on our behalf.

Only if the person asking the questions is truly asking what 'we' all want to know, and not just using his position to push his own agendas.

I'd much more favour the style used on here, where questions were collated, the ones with the most backing forwarded on etc. Rather than some guy who it would appear from his previous statements shares little in common with the views of the average Hibs fan...

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Why do we not create different groups for the different message boards regarding our club and have representatives meeting on a regular basis (once every 2 weeks or so) to discuss the questions raised by fans on the boards and then take it into a meeting with the directors on a monthly basis? It seems like a fair idea and it stops the power hungry people from taking control over what the fans want to say.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Has this bellcheif Reilly identified himself on here? I can't recall myself ever agreeing with any of the pish he's spouted.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm all for asking the club questions, but 100% against Mike Reilly being anywhere near the meeting. His views are a million miles away from what the vast majority of the Hibs support want. His recent interviews have also been a shambles, and he does not represent me in any way whatsoever.

I'm surprised this idiot has not been voted out of his position, although it is more of a social club than a supporters club these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    He doesn't represent me.
    Bang on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    How is it that a man who said "the SPL needs Rangers" whilst claiming to represent Hibs fans is taken seriously, by the club, by STV and so on...?
    I hardly ever manage to post on here, mainly because I read the threads on my phone which isnt good enough to let me post replies, and I rarely get the chance to go on my laptop. But after reading this I wanted to let it be known- Mike Reilly(who I have never met, barely heard of, and certainly would not recognise in the street) most certainly does not speak on behalf of me, ANY Hibs fans I know, and going by this thread, hardly any Hibs fans whatsoever. I would prefer it next time he speaks to STV or whoever, that he says he speaks on behalf of himself, and a couple of his mates. Nobody should speak on behalf of the supporters unless every single one of us has been asked the questions, and then they can say what percentage of us agree with their views. How can somebody speak on my behalf when I havent even been asked?
    Last edited by dazzhfc; 30-05-2012 at 08:52 PM. Reason: couple of typos

Blog Entries
    The man is a plum.

.net & the bounce could provide much better representation

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    Especially seeing as he seems to be able to spectacularly go against the feeling of the majority of the Hibs support every time he opens his mouth
    Couldn't we have a poll to see who does / doesn't feel this plum represents them? or indeed if they feel able to speak for themselves!

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    If the guy is that big a plum I would hope that the board will treat his comments appropriately.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Testimonial Due
    MIKEY - here's a question from me to put to the board (ya slavering plum).
    Will you again provide the manager with the 4th best budget (or 3rd depending on Hertz budget cuts).
    If so, that'll do me, thanks.

Let's hope the current manager can do something with it as the previous phannies clearly haven't in a league that is seriously bad.

From heroes to zeros within 50 minutes on cup final day.