hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Froch Vs Bute

Left by mutual consent!

Froch Vs Bute

I'm looking forward to this. Froch is probably me favourite fighter in recent times and this bout could be a classic.

C'mon, Carl. Hit him hard!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Www1875hfc's Avatar
    Time is this fight on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm looking forward to this. Froch is probably me favourite fighter in recent times and this bout could be a classic.

C'mon, Carl. Hit him hard!
    Should be an.interesting one.

I love Froch, he genuinely seems to want to fight anyone and this is his 8th world title fight in a row. Only thing that concerns me is how much of a toll his last few fights have had on him. He's been in a few wars and his style is never going to see him fighting into his late 30s. I hope I'm wrong and he's still got a fair bit in the tank.

Bute is technically very good but he's never fought a real top class fighter. If Froch still has something left he's exactly that. Fighting outside of Canada will be uncomfortable and new for him as well.

If i was pushed I'd say Bute is the slightly better boxer and might just shade it. Froch has a chin of granite though and will take it all the way.

Should be a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Www1875hfc View Post
    Time is this fight on ?
    Froch and Bute scheduled to be in the ring for about midnight.

Part of the American tv deal apparently hence the late start.

As an aside Audley Harrison won his 'redemption' fight tonight knocking out Ali Adams in 4.

Wants to fight David Price now apparently!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    brilliant 3rd round!

First Team Breakthrough cha1875's Avatar
    Outstanding performance form Froch

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    froch was brilliant, but bute was piss poor. good to watch like.

First Team Breakthrough cha1875's Avatar
    Froch is usually a slow starter but jumped on him from the start and it paid off

Brilliant from Froch.

Bute just couldn't cope with the unorthodox style and combinations.

Absolutely delighted to be totally wrong.

I just watched this. What a job by Froch, he almost took his head of in the finishing round. His punches had so much power it was unreal!

Anyone think he'll get another go at Ward? Ward outclassed him but the rematch of this one would be pointless.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dave1875
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    I just watched this. What a job by Froch, he almost took his head of in the finishing round. His punches had so much power it was unreal!

Anyone think he'll get another go at Ward? Ward outclassed him but the rematch of this one would be pointless.
    I think now he has the IBF he has something to bring to the table for a ward rematch but Unfortunatly for him I think he'l need to fight Kessler first which could prove tough....he's also contracted for a rematch with bute IF byte chooses to use it that is

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_Jack04 View Post
    I think now he has the IBF he has something to bring to the table for a ward rematch but Unfortunatly for him I think he'l need to fight Kessler first which could prove tough....he's also contracted for a rematch with bute IF byte chooses to use it that is
    The Bute rematch clause isn't worth the paper It's written on.

Under IBF rules Froch must make a mandatory defence within 9 months should he wish to keep the belt. He also has the option to fight an 'elite' ranked fighter from another sanctioning body (champion or number 1 or 2 ranked with the WBA, WBC or WBO) or a top 15 ranked IBF fighter within 6 months. All of these take precedence over a rematch clause, which is considered a private agreement.

If I were Bute I'd get a fight in from a lower class than Froch or Ward and get some confidence with the aim of fighting for a title again.

He had a strong chin so can probably fight for a title again. It was simply that Froch was relentless with the power and number of connecting punches.

Do you know if Ward plans to stay at this weight? It seems pretty pointless, especially if he wins a Froch rematch.