hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage

All away matches

Hi guys, I have come to notice that next season could be the last time I could ever attend all Hibs matches throughout the season as I graduate next year. I want to go out with a bang and go to every single match. All 38 in the league and all in the cups. I have a season ticket with the cup games at home included, but I was wondering how much it would cost roughly, including travel, to go to all the away matches.

For example, I have been to Inverness and including the Megabus there and back it costs me £31 at the most expensive and St. Mirren is only about £20. If anyone can advise me then that would be absolute fantastic because it is something I would dearly love to do!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hi guys, I have come to notice that next season could be the last time I could ever attend all Hibs matches throughout the season as I graduate next year. I want to go out with a bang and go to every single match. All 38 in the league and all in the cups. I have a season ticket with the cup games at home included, but I was wondering how much it would cost roughly, including travel, to go to all the away matches.

For example, I have been to Inverness and including the Megabus there and back it costs me £31 at the most expensive and St. Mirren is only about £20. If anyone can advise me then that would be absolute fantastic because it is something I would dearly love to do!
    I think the secret here is not to add up what the total cost would be, just take it game by game and budget accordingly! I wouldn`t really like to see how much it costs over a season, although I`m sure our wifes and girlfriends would certainly be keen to see that figure..!

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think the secret here is not to add up what the total cost would be, just take it game by game and budget accordingly! I wouldn`t really like to see how much it costs over a season, although I`m sure our wifes and girlfriends would certainly be keen to see that figure..!
    This. If you made an estimate you'd be put off because it is going to cost a LOT of money. But taking it game by game it won't seem as daunting. My brother did it a couple years back with a mate and said it was well worth it.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It's all okay, I'm single

I done it this season (regret it a bit). I wouldn't want to know how much it cost. If you add beer and food to the ticket and travel id say it would be near to £2000 maybe. I stayed in Inverness this season and that was easily £100-£150 for the 1 trip.

You should try a Supporter's bus as they are usually much cheaper than regular transport, take you directly to the ground / nearby pub and you're in good company for the journey

Wait ignore my last post, forgot about the sseason ticket. Still it will be near a grand

I did it in season 06/07 and it was brilliant. Just try and sneak into a few games as a concession and it brings the price down.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbybrian View Post
    You should try a Supporter's bus as they are usually much cheaper than regular transport, take you directly to the ground / nearby pub and you're in good company for the journey
    Indeed, there are 3 or 4 buses that run regularly, check travel forum for details before the away fixture.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

There was me thinking students were skint! Id bite the bullet and just do it and live for the.moment and not worry abouy the cost! Hope it doesnt distract u from ur studies and u still graduate!

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    I done it this season (regret it a bit). I wouldn't want to know how much it cost. If you add beer and food to the ticket and travel id say it would be near to £2000 maybe. I stayed in Inverness this season and that was easily £100-£150 for the 1 trip.
    £150 for Inverness? Did you not have much to drink then?

If you can work it so that you can get another 3 people to travel with you each journey and book in advance then you can do the trains really cheap. Doesn't have to be the same 3 either every trip. For example, Inverness for £48 return for 4 people .

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisski33 View Post
    There was me thinking students were skint! Id bite the bullet and just do it and live for the.moment and not worry abouy the cost! Hope it doesnt distract u from ur studies and u still graduate!
    I still live at home, a bargain at £80 a month! I work 4 shifts a week during the summer and then 2 during term times on top of £180 or so in bursary. Will need to cutback on the chocolate though.

I still live at home, a bargain at £80 a month! I work 4 shifts a week during the summer and then 2 during term times on top of £180 or so in bursary. Will need to cutback on the chocolate though.
    Jeez...better no let my Daughter see that ..she thinks she is hard done by for paying £200 a month !!!

Gamer IDs

Cheers for all the advice guys, I'll look into it before committing to it fully, I just don't want to miss out on the experience of it before I start my career as a journalist. I want to make sure I go out with a bang, and supporters buses are definitely looking like the best option for most of the travel, I'll probably be the one writing out notes at the back!

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Write a book about it and get some of the money back at least

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    Indeed, there are 3 or 4 buses that run regularly, check travel forum for details before the away fixture.....
    Only 3 or 4 now regular?!?! Back in the day must have been 15 or so ...