hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Speak Up Rodders!

Something like....

As chairman of our club I wish to express my appreciation for the tremendous support given by our supporters through this very tough season. Compounded of course by the result on Saturday.

No words can express the disappointment that we all feel. Our manager has highlighted and rightly apologised for our team simply not turning up on the day. I echo that apology too. And furthermore I reiterate my previous apology, for how the season just ended unfolded.

Mistakes were made and we recognise that. I firmly believe however that the 'road to recovery' started with the appointment of Pat Fenlon last November. His remit was to ensure our SPL survival. That he did. However, I recognise as does everyone at your club, that just ensuring SPL survival is simply not good enough for this club. Our underachieving within the SPL has gone on too long.

As such there will be no holidays this close season. Our executive board will work tirelessly this summer with Pat Fenlon and his coaching staff, to enure that the influx of personnel arriving at our club, will be fit for the purpose of achieving our stated objectives a club of our standing should be at.

Nothing can be guaranteed of course, but never again, do we want to be in a position where application, can rightly be questioned in any Hibernian fixture, let aside a momentous and historic cup final.

That process begun today with new club captain James McPake putting pen to paper on a five year deal following successful negotiations with Coventry City.

We thank you for your continued remarkable support and loyalty.

Now to work....

Rod Petrie. Chairman.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I don't know what we should be hearing from the upper echelons of the club, but, we need to hear something, the silence is deafening!

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know what we should be hearing from the upper echelons of the club, but, we need to hear something, the silence is deafening!
    Agreed, especially at a time that they want more open and frank communications with supporter's.....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    In the build up to the final, Rod changed his habbits of a lifetime and became a bit of a media whore. Statements about sporting integrity and radio appearances about the cup final where definately not his usual form. I would like to think he won't just crawl back under his stone now. We need to hear from our leader!

Silence is deafening indeed. Given the magnitude of the defeat, surely it was not out of the realms of possibility to convene first thing yesterday and draft/issue a statement on behalf of the club that both apologised for the most shameful 90 minutes in the club's history and thanked the fans for their support. It might at least show that someone at the club gives a flying monkeys. I contacted the club on Saturday night about this - no reply. Shocking.

Although I'm not interested in the slightest in getting an apology, I would be shocked if our chairman allowed a hammering from our neighbours in the biggest match in the club's history to pass without any comment whatsoever.

The PR stinks, the current incumbent Forsyth just takes money and should be doing something to protect the image nd provide advice, in my opinion he doesn't!!!! I did offer to help through my business but they would rather stick with the old school,,,,

Coaching Staff
    Preperations for Season 2012/13 started as of final whistle Sat 19th as far as I'm concerned. I want Rod to be totally up front, provide us with numbers of season ticket holders for next season, and a strategy on the football front. I want this from Pat too. This week preferably. I want to hear battlecries.

But........he won't do that. There are too many educated Hibs fans that would do the sums, work out possible budgets, and that wouldn't provide Rod with his financial shield.

I may ask Brian Houston though.....now that he's on the Board !

So speak up Rod, before we find out via other sources my man !

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hibs View Post
    The PR stinks, the current incumbent Forsyth just takes money and should be doing something to protect the image nd provide advice, in my opinion he doesn't!!!! I did offer to help through my business but they would rather stick with the old school,,,,
    Wasn't he leaving at the end of the season? Surely that means he's packed his bags and walked out the door today.

Even though the Jambo's won the cup and many other trophies have been lost, we shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France,
    we shall fight on the seas and oceans,
    we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend Hibernian honour,whatever the cost may be,
    we shall fight on the beaches,
    we shall fight on the landing grounds,
    we shall fight in the fields and in the streets,
    we shall fight in the hills;
    We will fight at ER, the pink bus shelter and around SPL grounds
    we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, Hibernian fail to improve and win trophies our fans, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, Hibernian win the Scottish Cup.

Sammy7WinstonChurchhillNil

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    It's a tough one for him, I've no interest in hearing apologies or how hard we're going to work, how it'll all be different in the future if we buy st's bla bla bla, I just want to see action and things happen.
    That said though, silence is not the answer, we need to hear something, quite what though I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    Although I'm not interested in the slightest in getting an apology, I would be shocked if our chairman allowed a hammering from our neighbours in the biggest match in the club's history to pass without any comment whatsoever.
    Sure, but it would at least show to the fans that there is remorse for putting us through the most agonising 90 minutes EVER.

There could be actions being taken behind the scenes as we speak I suppose but we're now getting on for 48 hours after the game and no peep from Hibs whatsoever.

@hibs.net private member johnrebus's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh ? Wii Code: What ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    It's a tough one for him, I've no interest in hearing apologies or how hard we're going to work, how it'll all be different in the future if we buy st's bla bla bla, I just want to see action and things happen.
    That said though, silence is not the answer, we need to hear something, quite what though I don't know.

He could start by demanding an SFA enquiry into the selection of Craig Thomson as referee and his subsequent perfomance.

But he won't. The Hibs way is to bend over and just take it.

Quote Originally Posted by HibeesLA View Post
    Wasn't he leaving at the end of the season? Surely that means he's packed his bags and walked out the door today.
    David Forsyth is the Hibs PR man, he will be getting more involved in communications, fans forums etc, now that Fife Hyland is moving on....
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by smurf View Post
    Something like....

As chairman of our club I wish to express my appreciation for the tremendous support given by our supporters through this very tough season. Compounded of course by the result on Saturday.

No words can express the disappointment that we all feel. Our manager has highlighted and rightly apologised for our team simply not turning up on the day. I echo that apology too. And furthermore I reiterate my previous apology, for how the season just ended unfolded.

Mistakes were made and we recognise that. I firmly believe however that the 'road to recovery' started with the appointment of Pat Fenlon last November. His remit was to ensure our SPL survival. That he did. However, I recognise as does everyone at your club, that just ensuring SPL survival is simply not good enough for this club. Our underachieving within the SPL has gone on too long.

As such there will be no holidays this close season. Our executive board will work tirelessly this summer with Pat Fenlon and his coaching staff, to enure that the influx of personnel arriving at our club, will be fit for the purpose of achieving our stated objectives a club of our standing should be at.

Nothing can be guaranteed of course, but never again, do we want to be in a position where application, can rightly be questioned in any Hibernian fixture, let aside a momentous and historic cup final.

That process begun today with new club captain James McPake putting pen to paper on a five year deal following successful negotiations with Coventry City.

We thank you for your continued remarkable support and loyalty.

Now to work....

Rod Petrie. Chairman.
    I suspect he'll have his SFA blazer on and be heading out to the USA.

As a starter for ten, there should have been a list of players on the web site who have been freed

Also, if they don,t know who they want to sign. Then that is worrying. It shouldn't take all summerm

Deals could have been done. McKpake gave Hibs until cup final to do a deal. After that point then he would speak to other teams.

Petrie actions speak louder than words.

Quote Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post
    On his watch as well. I would like to think he is still in shock and too ashamed to speak at the moment, but more likely he's sitting in a darkened room with a visor on counting the proceeds from that shameful game

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    David Forsyth is the Hibs PR man, he will be getting more involved in communications, fans forums etc, now that Fife Hyland is moving on....
    Forsyth has been at Hibs for about 15 years. PR has been junk
    Last edited by 1875 NO 1; 21-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moff1875 View Post
    Sure, but it would at least show to the fans that there is remorse for putting us through the most agonising 90 minutes EVER.

There could be actions being taken behind the scenes as we speak I suppose but we're now getting on for 48 hours after the game and no peep from Hibs whatsoever.

Everyone will be on holiday so i doubt we will hear anything.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Everyone will be on holiday so i doubt we will hear anything.
    I don't want to hear another word out of that clowns mouth

Silence from Easter road

I expected at least a list (a long one) of players who's contracts were not being renewed and thanking them for there work.
    Could it be that it is Fenlon's position that is most at stake?

Club is closed today

Fenlon will be here next season... with a very different squad

Or they haven't sat down together and decided who is staying or leaving. That can only be done once the budget is finalised. Had we won on Saturday the budget would have been significantly increased so made sense to leave playing staff renewals till after the game. One or two may now have played their way out of being offered a new deal. Don't expect much news until the end of the week at the earliest.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Steady yourself Ozy. There is going to be a clearout and Fenlon is going to build a new team with whatever resources he can squeeze out of the tache.

Fenlon spoke the truth after then game, in the heat of the moment, the club is full of the wrong type of players and he's going to change that (hopefully). There's nae need for the club to say anything today.

No matter what anyone thinks, there's nowt the club could say that would make Saturdays result stop hurting.

A few words now on official site.

A few words now on official site.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Think that says all that needs said officially at the moment.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Testimonial Due
    Blog Entries
    They missed out the bit "We as a club were shocked by the referee decisions on Saturday and will insist of a full and transparent enquiry as to why this referee was give this game knowing his history and his affections towards our opponents." but Hibs as ever will just bend over and let anyone shaft them.

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    Surprisingly but welcome all the same.

Now though, we need ACTION.

Difficult to prove the ref at fault when he only made a fraction of the mistakes each and everyone of our players made.