hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

What has been your coping strategy since Saturday?

Mine has been -

1, Avoiding alcohol. Getting hammered would have been obvious but it leaves you feeling ten times more depressed the next day. I haven't had a drink since Friday.

2, Keeping occupied. Avoid the issue by keeping busy. Yes, I'm in denial much of the time.

3, Avoiding Jambos as much as is humanly possible.

Any other good advice we can share?
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 21-05-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Avoided Jambos at all costs. Phones been locked in a drawer. Tried to keep busy but I'll be honest, I'm still absolutely gutted and that humiliation is still occupying my mind more than anything else at the moment.

Could you say the same for any of the players? Fitba

Logging out of Facebook, cant bare going on seeing all the jambos gloating.

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Keeping myself busy, was working yesterday which was very helpful and just avoiding newspapers jambos ect

Quote Originally Posted by hailhail22 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Keeping myself busy, was working yesterday which was very helpful and just avoiding newspapers jambos ect

Good point about avoiding the papers

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Admitting to myself they were better and we are just sh...

@hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Going out to face the world today, playing a jambo at golf :( thing that got me through yesterday was thinking about them on the train going through and wanting to grab their bairns and give them a good scrub, dirty bassas. I thank the lord I wasn't born one of them. ;)

First Team Breakthrough keithkeith's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I have spent all morning in a meeting room that is painted with maroon walls.

I've also had folk at work saying "Stop being so miserable, cheer up - it's only a football game, for goodness sake!?"

Avoiding newspapers, at all costs!

First Team Breakthrough Hibbylad86's Avatar
    I was doing well with avoiding everything to do with the Saturday until I pitched up at my work.....I have been getting it stinking from everyone of them! They are all running around giving each other high fives and writing H1B5 on post it notes etc.

This is torture! although some of the things they are saying do make me smirk quickly.

Don't need one.
    Coped very well, stayed to the end of the match on Saturday, seen 'them' lift the cup - Had a great night down Easter Road in 4-in-hand and Hibs club after. Seen family, met some great people, some ex players etc.... and so overall, had a good weekend!
    We have suffered a lot as Hibs fans, but you cannot let them ruin your own personal life. I was as desperate as any other fan in Hampden or around the world watching, that we finally could win the SC and do so against them. But it didn't happen and life goes on. Be proud to be a hibee and lose with dignity.

GGTTH

Phone up my few Jambo mates, talked about the game openly as if it was just a normal saturday game. They didnt give me grief at all tbh. One has also said he agrees 100% that the ref ruined any chance Hibs had. I think for that reason they are hanging on giving me pelters.

I actually haven't felt too bad, I'm gutted obviously, but if you'd told me before it we'd get pumped like we did, I would have thought I'd have been suicidal.

you currently logged in to my coping strategy

Quote Originally Posted by spike220 View Post
    you currently logged in to my coping strategy

True, it's a self-help group "My name's such and such and I'm a Hibs fan"

It will get easier, though it will always be there.

Blog Entries
    Had to face it out with about 300 people yesterday at a kids football tourney. No hiding, and acceptance of the result (with the caveat that "goals change games and Thomson is a dirty cheat) helped.

From now on, the day from 3.00pm onwards has been eviscerated from my memory. It simply didnt happen, and despite the fact I was there till the final whistle, I refuse to accept that the game actually happened at all.

@hibs.net private member
    DENIAL

Living here is useful at times like this as I don't meet very many of them and can just do my best to forget about it.

off to work in an hour and they will get no response from me, after thats over i will never think of it again

Telling myself that a cup final against the Jambos with the team we've had this season was a bad idea! and being happy that we didn't get relegated TBH.

Also hoping that it results in a good few ar** kickings down Easter Road way and Pat getting the funds to build his own team with far fewer loan players. Such a shocking result and performance really hi-lighted what we all new, that this team was not good enough to wear the green.

@hibs.net private member
    Keeping out of the boozer and away from gloating Yams has been a given - have also barely glanced at a newspaper, gone out and played with my daughter (despite the hangover from hell) and tried my hardest not to think about cups, parades or open top buses () .

Have also been indulging myself in a vast array of "comfort foods".

Oh aye - that and burning an effigy of Craig Thomson in my back garden - nae hard feelings likes

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I've been locked up in my (maroon free) room and don't think i'll be able to look at anything that remotely resembles it for quite some time.

I don't know if this combination of anger and shame will ever actually pass.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    What Happened on Saturday like?

Promising Youngster biggineurope's Avatar
    im coping, lol yesterday instead of going to ER for a much anticipated party day oot, I demolished my mates shed god I felt better afterwards lol. In a fortnight I can release any other pent up emotion by building his new summerhouse.

Mr Petrie you know what's required now.......... DO IT!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Living here is useful at times like this as I don't meet very many of them and can just do my best to forget about it.
    Same with me in Aberdeen, and I go back home to Stranraer next week which is full of Rangers fans so I won't be having to worry about meeting too many yams.

First Team Regular WarringtonHibee's Avatar
    Living in Warrington

Coaching Staff
    Coping mechanism ? Every day I wake up, I'm a Hibernian supporter......now that always makes me proud. Regardless of results, pain, joy, apathy or success - I love Hibs. So it's very very easy for me to cope. It's what makes football great, there will ALWAYS be another chance to make amends. The only important game is the next game.

Just be very proud and glad to be a Hibee !

First Team Breakthrough
    I haven't went out my way to cope with it, it's football therefore it shouldn't have any significant impact on my life. Most Jambo's I know are actually decent people (yes people, I was shocked we had a similar genetic build up also). I have simply been a good loser and admitted defeat. Everyone finds it difficult to abuse a person humble in defeat, the fact is they will only gloat among their own kind or if it's a sore loser. Best just to ignore them and if the get onto the topic of the game, make no excuses for our absolute stinking performance.

I shook there hands and congratulated them... after all the best team won :(

it certainly confused them tho HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_in_Prague View Post
    Don't need one.
    Coped very well, stayed to the end of the match on Saturday, seen 'them' lift the cup - Had a great night down Easter Road in 4-in-hand and Hibs club after. Seen family, met some great people, some ex players etc.... and so overall, had a good weekend!
    We have suffered a lot as Hibs fans, but you cannot let them ruin your own personal life. I was as desperate as any other fan in Hampden or around the world watching, that we finally could win the SC and do so against them. But it didn't happen and life goes on. Be proud to be a hibee and lose with dignity.

GGTTH

Stayed and watched the lift the trophy also, and made a special effort to watch their celebrations and store it away in the memory. The pains packaged away waiting to be released when we beat them. I'm looking forward to that big time now! Everyone in football has highs and lows, it's all relative. Without losers there wouldn't be winners. Saturday was our turn to lose. At Hampden it's either your day or it's not your day, one extreme to the other. 9am till 3.15pm was easily the best day of the season and I was determined to make sure the result would never make or break the day. It dented the day, but never ruined it for me

I haven't been out the house since Saturday night and I don't even live in Edinburgh. I don't have a facebook so that's all good.

@hibs.net private member

glad its all over

Booze, phone switched of and bed! Even booze isn't a safe option because you will always get one who wants to bring the tenor of the conversation down. By talking about footie. I can't think of anything possitive to say. Its a minefeild out there! i don't want to go over the front door let alone go to work!