hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

Thank You From Section 43

On behalf of the group I would just like to thank the Hibernian supporters for their encouragement, backing and support both financially and physically this season. Without your support, we wouldn't have been able to achieve anything this year.

At the beginning of the season we took a lot of criticism for various actions; however I hope we have shown what we are about and what we are trying to achieve.

We will be working hard over the summer to plan ahead for next season to ensure we improve once again.

Many thanks,

Section 43

2. Log in to remove the advert

Well done, the display looked great, top effort!

I would echo other comments on here which compliment all your hard work and commitment- Sat was fantastic - my 11 year old son was blown away with it- and it helped to ramp the emotion up for me to a point that i was actualy in tears before the game had begun.

As much as Sat thou, thanks for your work across the season in which we have had to cling to hope !!

GGTTH

Brilliant piece of work and looked amazing from the opposite stand, certainly showed up the Jambos from support perspective.

Massive well done to you all, the display was fantastic. You all did this club proud

Cant wait to see what you do next season!

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Your display was the star of the show. You gave our supporters the weapons they needed to outshine the Hearts fans - which they did spectacularly - and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Take a bow - and start thinking about how you will outdo that next time. Because there will be a next time.

Left by mutual consent!
    aye well done folks it's a pity the ****in' team could give as much effort.

Well done guys you did the Hibs family proud, shame it did not motivate the cowards on the pitch

@hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Anybody have any photos from Sat of the card display? i was in the North holding up my card but havent seen what it looked like

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Fabulous def the best thing about the day - you did yourselves and the club proud thanks for taking time-out to plan setup and execute.

Btw what was the message revealed at the bottom of the north stand?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I was proud to hold-up a wee piece of sunshine! how did you manage to settle on the display. Was there any technical difficulties you had to overcome. How did you work it all out, it was a really first-class display.

Very Impressive, i have been to many west ham games where the atmosphere is brilliant and made up by constant singing I didnt think it could be outdone, however Saturday was special apart from the match. Well done! The crop of players don't deserve our support but we are a tribe who all feel the pain.

fantastic display made me feel proud the to be a hibby and must have looked great on the telly. Then they who cannot be mentioned entered the arena and hopw faded.....never seen so many people drift out with 30 minutes still to play.....

Well done guys, keep it up

First Team Breakthrough Hibbylad86's Avatar
    Brilliant work guys! The display looked class on tv when I watch the replay (I was in the North stand with my white card).

Keep it up - we need more fans/supporters groups like sect 43. Your a credit to the club

@hibs.net private member
    The banners at the bottom read 'Sunshine From Leith' however they werent very noticeable, will learn from that next time.

We thought we were going to be short of card at one point, but we were fine in the end..

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The banners at the bottom read 'Sunshine From Leith' however they werent very noticeable, will learn from that next time.

We thought we were going to be short of card at one point, but we were fine in the end..
    Were you one of the original 'Capital Greens'?

At least our fans came out on top!

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done everyone involved, you are a credit to the club.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    The display was top notch and really created a big occasion feeling, though, sadly, that feeling didn't appear to get through to the players. Well done to all who put in their time to help set it up, you did us proud.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    On behalf of the group I would just like to thank the Hibernian supporters for their encouragement, backing and support both financially and physically this season. Without your support, we wouldn't have been able to achieve anything this year.

At the beginning of the season we took a lot of criticism for various actions; however I hope we have shown what we are about and what we are trying to achieve.

We will be working hard over the summer to plan ahead for next season to ensure we improve once again.

Many thanks,

Section 43
    Well done lads. Was a true highlight to see the visual displays.

Watching the flags and card display on the telly brought a tear to my eye. It must have been awesome to see in the flesh. We out shone their support, shame the team couldnt do the same on the pitch.

Well done S43, keep up the good work.

Top notch, well done to all involved.

Even my brother in law who is a Jambo said that our pre match display looked far better than theirs.

Us fans did our part, you guys certainly helped massively in that, keep up the good work.

GGTTH

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Hearts had a display? Other than the big flag i didnt see anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    Hearts had a display? Other than the big flag i didnt see anything.
    That was more or less it. There was a few white streamers as well but that was it. Looked pathetic compared to what we had.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    I was proud to hold-up a wee piece of sunshine! how did you manage to settle on the display. Was there any technical difficulties you had to overcome. How did you work it all out, it was a really first-class display.
    Firstly we agreed on the design. Then I was asked how much card we needed. Having already done the semi final display it was quite easy to do quantities as we knew how many seats were in each row. When laying the sun itself out I plus another marked the circle out with barrier tape we then filled inside the tape with yellow. I then sat in the South stand with a 2 way radio and asked my matey to take out various bits of card to make it a circle. We then stretched barriar tape into Sun rays and then filled each Ray in with green or white. More planning goes into the display than the actual setting up. At one stage I had every seat number in Hampden from D1-D5 to make it accurate as possible. This is just a basic design in My opinion, and as a section we can improve on that. The great thing I like about the whole thing is to see people overcome problems and a sense of community in the whole project. We will be back next season as usual. So thanks for all your support this season. Let's hope we have a good pre-season schedhule and a good display at Hampden next year. GGTTH

The display on Saturday was quality and certainly for me showed the level of pride and dedication we have in our support. I will be looking forward to next season to seeing similar displays. Pity as so many have said in that the commitment and passion showed in the stands cannot be replicated by enough people on the pitch.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Excellent effort guys. Outstanding

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: mglancy23 Wii Code: 5354 5735 9094 1582
    Well done to everyone involved in the display

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    Firstly we agreed on the design. Then I was asked how much card we needed. Having already done the semi final display it was quite easy to do quantities as we knew how many seats were in each row. When laying the sun itself out I plus another marked the circle out with barrier tape we then filled inside the tape with yellow. I then sat in the South stand with a 2 way radio and asked my matey to take out various bits of card to make it a circle. We then stretched barriar tape into Sun rays and then filled each Ray in with green or white. More planning goes into the display than the actual setting up. At one stage I had every seat number in Hampden from D1-D5 to make it accurate as possible. This is just a basic design in My opinion, and as a section we can improve on that. The great thing I like about the whole thing is to see people overcome problems and a sense of community in the whole project. We will be back next season as usual. So thanks for all your support this season. Let's hope we have a good pre-season schedhule and a good display at Hampden next year. GGTTH
    Well done sir - my girls enjoyed getting involved in set up and seeing it all come off (few butterflies at 2.58 with everyone in North waving flags and little sign of card ) that the disappointment of the match itself was not so great