hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough Stanton's Avatar

What pubs did everyone go drinking in pre game

and share your amusing stories .....lets face it ...pre game was the highlight of yesterday

2. Log in to remove the advert

Macsorley's Jamacia street. And aye, the pints were the only highlights from yesterday.

@hibs.net private member ginger_rice's Avatar
    Was in MacSorleys

thought it was strange with the barman telling a pub full of hibbies that club colours were not allowed...then with about 30 minutes before we all left he put a notice on the door!

Good to chat with a few .netters in there yesterday.
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Macsorley's Jamacia street. And aye, the pints were the only highlights from yesterday.
    Hi mate me and my laddie had a chat with you at the bar......agree the only high point of the day was the pub and the train out ti kings park
    "Football should always be played beautifully, you should play in an attacking way, it must be a spectacle". Johan Cruyff.

Alfredo's, Drouthys, The Auctioneer and The Counting House.

Nae football colours allowed in Drouthys, wtf is that all about?

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Absolutely nowhere - everywhere seemed to be pre-booked by some party or other. Although I don't think any amount of drink would have made yesterday's display look or feel any better.

I had to settle for a Greggs pie.

Quote Originally Posted by ginger_rice View Post
    Hi mate me and my laddie had a chat with you at the bar......agree the only high point of the day was the pub and the train out ti kings park
    Aye that was a nice wee pub - we didn't get to another one near the ground. When did you leave the game? I left the minute they scored number 5.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Shettleston was brilliant.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Picture House in Rutherglen

Was full of Hibs fans

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    Aye that was a nice wee pub - we didn't get to another one near the ground. When did you leave the game? I left the minute they scored number 5.
    Ashamed to admit it but left after the 4th just couldn't bear to hear their gloating, or watch us getting ripped a new one any longer.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Kings Park hotel, full of Hibees but half an hours walk from the ground

Quote Originally Posted by .sean. View Post
    Shettleston was brilliant.
    Highlight of the day by an absolute mile. Though it wasn't a pub, more a festival. Awesome.

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    One full of Jambos for a bit of prematch mischief

The Star Bar with a bunch of Fife Hibees. Good times. Cheap booze!

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    MacSorleys too, with a few .netters including an 'exuberant' lyonhibs.

Wasn't rammed but it was all Hibbies in there and we had a wee sing-song. Barman didn't seem too happy, and bizarrely was asking people to take scarves off when most folk in the pub had Hibs tops on.

Drink seemed a lot cheaper in every pub i was in than what the robbing gits charge in Edinburgh.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Kings Park hotel, full of Hibees but half an hours walk from the ground
    We were there too, but our bus dropped us off nearer the stadium. Was a good atmosphere

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Tried to get into the nearest pub to our end the Beechwood but it was mobbed then my mate phoned to say he had tickets set aside for us for Queens Park Social Club he said walk over the car park at Hampden and keep going, great fun had to walk through about 5k Jambos! we got some funny looks but no hassle to be fai,r anyway into the Social club and left at 1.50 and again had to walk through thousands of them but by that time Strathclyde polis were out in force so got through unscathed.
    Wee footnote when we were trying to find the club I asked a policeman, his response? "No idea mate we've been brought in from all over Scotland for this game I dinnae stay here" thanks for the help!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Pub in Rutherglen, Dr Gormans a decent boozer with good atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Beechwood first but for whatever reason they decided no kids allowed now.

When I left the pub wasn't that full and yet they had people queueing up so maybe they've had a restriction put on the place.

Anyway headed for Rutherglen - ended up in the Picture House
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    MacSorleys too, with a few .netters including an 'exuberant' lyonhibs.

Wasn't rammed but it was all Hibbies in there and we had a wee sing-song. Barman didn't seem too happy, and bizarrely was asking people to take scarves off when most folk in the pub had Hibs tops on.

Was in there as well. They were telling everyone to cover their tops as well. One lassie ended up arguing with them as she didn't have anything else to wear. Some guy gave her his jacket but her whole crowd left when they finished their drinks. The trying to stop the singing was just daft and they ended up having to give in in the end. Still ended up leaving and going to the Montford though.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    100 Acres club/pub. Good location and a 15 min walk from Hampden. It was bursting at the seems with Hibs supporters

My bus was booked into the Brazenhead Bar, however due to diversions etc by the Glesga polis we ended up parked just by the International. It was easier to just go there - glad we did because it was magic. We were about first in so managed to get tables and seats.
    They had loads of proclaimers songs on and had it well organised in that a bottle bar was running at the back of the pub to help cope with the overworked bar.

The Toby Jug - just by Central Station.
    Mixed crowd of Hibbies and Jambos - good atmosphere, good prices and lunch available.
    Was intending to catch up with Lyonhibs at Macsorley's, but didnae quite make it.
    Good trip through, good pre-match drink and banter and the expected pish at Hampden.

btw - anyone who felt 'let down' by the team yesterday hasn't been watching Hibs this season.

Was in the bar at waverley for a couple of pints at about nine, noisy hibs crowd in there had any hearts fans leaving sharpish. My sister in law was working behind the bar and said some bam was kicking off at at around ten, he ended up getting huckled and missed the game.

In Glasgow went to pandoras which we all agreed was the highlight of the day!

Left by mutual consent!
    100 acres - bouncing, not a ****bo in sight, no trouble, efficient staff but very busy, a great 3 hours! Then we went to hampden ...

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by clerriehibs View Post
    100 acres - bouncing, not a ****bo in sight, no trouble, efficient staff but very busy, a great 3 hours! Then we went to hampden ...
    Aye was good in there, was absolutely rammed though.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    We were in Iron Horse on West Nile St, pretty quiet in comparison to semi final. Also had a "scarves off" policy which wasn't in place for semi. Went to Brazen Head after that which was just what we were after, all Hibs fans, not too packed, Proclaimers CD on loop.

Back in Edinburgh it was down to Robbies where the mood changed from crying into your beer to defiant chanting of Hibs songs as we watched the Champions League Final. Special mention goes out to the guy dressed in the adidas white away top who has compiled a bizarre array of Hibs songs, and he kept everyone entertained with his crazy renditions. Thought the atmosphere was great in there, and being in the company of fellow Hibs fans slowly getting over the disappointment of the game was just what the doctor ordered.

Beechwood - met Joe Joe Super Joe Tortolano, Mickey Weir and Gordon Hunter .. Went seriously doonhill post that experience.