hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thank you to the display organisers

in all the posts last night and today it seems to have been lost that those who organised and conducted the Sea of Green and Sunshine on Leith display did us all proud!!!

There was no competition from the Hearts fans your work and the time you all put in to it was greatly appreciated by me and my friends.

Im sure once every one calms down and takes stock of the day there will be more plaudits from the true HIBS supporters.

Once again i say WELL DONE to you all and to Crabbies for their help with sponsorship of the flags!

You certainly made a drab day bright and colourful !!

GGTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

Display was wonderful. Thanks

Thought the display was fantastic, really showed up the hearts fans who had one big flag and a few pathetic little streamers.

Well done to everybody who organised this, massive credit you all are to our club, you should be very proud, I just wish our players showed as much effort and passion as you guys because if they did yesterday would have been very very different!

They may have won on the pitch, but we certainly won off it

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Very impressive guys n gals
    You helped add to the spectacle and get he crowd going good to be part of something special pity the performance on the park didn't match.
    Thanks to all those who took time out to make and set things up and take them down. Unsung heroes one and all. Looking forward to more of the same for the next occasion.

Ps what message did the scrolled up White flags reveal at the bottom of the North stand?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

First Team Regular
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SHERiFF WO0DY
    agree, anyone who helped organise it did a fantastic job, thank you!

just can't believe that hearts fans actually think their flag display was better!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EdinburghDan
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Very impressive guys n gals
    You helped add to the spectacle and get he crowd going good to be part of something special pity the performance on the park didn't match.
    Thanks to all those who took time out to make and set things up and take them down. Unsung heroes one and all. Looking forward to more of the same for the next occasion.

Ps what message did the scrolled up White flags reveal at the bottom of the North stand?
    It said "Sunshine from Leith"

I was there all day Friday. Great effort from everyone involved.

Just a shame that didn't seem to give the team any sort of lift at all.

Left by mutual consent!
    Our display was magnifico, well done to the organisers and to all our wonderful supporters.
    Just goes to show how things could be of the only the players could get it right where it on the park.

Left by mutual consent! SouthamptonHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stantons Angel View Post
    in all the posts last night and today it seems to have been lost that those who organised and conducted the Sea of Green and Sunshine on Leith display did us all proud!!!

There was no competition from the Hearts fans your work and the time you all put in to it was greatly appreciated by me and my friends.

Im sure once every one calms down and takes stock of the day there will be more plaudits from the true HIBS supporters.

Once again i say WELL DONE to you all and to Crabbies for their help with sponsorship of the flags!

GGTH
    well done too all it was great. Hail Hail

Really well done to everyone concerned.
    If only the team put that much effort in!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It looked great. Full credit to those who put their time and effort into making it an occasion for the Hibs fans to really display the colours. You did the club proud, unlike the team.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough ANDY McGEECHAN's Avatar
    Aye well done guys 10/10

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    THUMBS UP!!!!

I haven't even seen what the display looked like from afar but from what I could see AMAZING.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar

GGTH
    I was thinking exactly the same thing myself
    to all the organisers of the display and to all the Hibernian supporters too.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    I'll post my cell phone vids when I get a chance to check them out.

Yesterdays game was a shambles but I'm immensely proud of what WE accomplished. And we could not have done that without all the volunteers setting everything up.

First Team Breakthrough Higgy115's Avatar
    Does anyone have any photos of display, i could only see the back of my bit card...... Too scared to watch highlights on tv.

Any pics lads, I held my yellow card up in the North stand, as did everyone else around.

Left by mutual consent!

GGTH

oh but there was .... they do a twirly thing with their scarves, accompanied by a low moaning as if in childbirth noise.

to the organisers ... it looked fantastic, even when watching afterwards, knowing what the result of the match was.

Quote Originally Posted by LeithBoozy View Post
    Any pics lads, I held my yellow card up in the North stand, as did everyone else around.

http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/...40557687_n.jpg

Put a few on here, that i have found of it.

Glad it was pulled off, worried when no one seemed to look like they would raise the card.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post

Glad it was pulled off, worried when no one seemed to look like they would raise the card.

first 4 are final...others are Semi

@hibs.net private member cocopops1875's Avatar
    I had a watch at it on tv this morning before scrubbing the recording, it looked fantastic. Was saying at the game we looked more up for it and they had the fear the wee flags were a big part of that, I have not always been behind the singing section and the like but in a season where there has been little to sing about you guys have sung in games where the atmosphere should be dead you have created it, I'm proud of you guys the time effort and bloody stubbornness in the face of much criticism (some from me) you have put in to better our club and product we all pay handsomely for. I'm glad I put cash in your buckets and i will again. It's you guys and the overseas hibees I felt angry for people who have really gone the extra mile to have the team barely even turn up is a slap in the face. Onwards and upwards GGTTH next season the players might show what it means to them.
    Doing the 2013 Edinburgh half Marathon for McMillan it would be awesome if anyone fancies sponsoring me, http://www.justgiving.com/colin-smith1875 ,go on make a fat man run

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Cheers!

Had goosebumps as it looked amazing!

Photos of North looked good, well done to all involved in an impressive effort.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but it didn't go completely to plan though, fid it?

At least from undertanding the East were supposed to hold (not wave) flags at same time

It is the first time Ive seen it and it looks amazing, thanks for posting it mate.

Massive "well done" to everyone who made it happen

Shame we can't say the same about the clowns on the park who wore green - losers, the lot of them.

I was worried as well as the card things were lying about the place and some were away from the seats and there was none on my seat so I borrowed it from a nearby empty seat and people were waving flags before they should and i was anxious!! Now I see it from the other side, that is great and I am so glad it worked. Well done all who organised it

Display was excellent. Had a good view of the north from the south 10/10 for you guys that did it

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    Great display and a big to everyone that made it possible. As I looked round i though it looked fantastic just such a shame that the players didnt show as much effort and apreciate the occasion.

thanks guys / girls

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Only came on here today to thank the team that brought us that display. The one at the other end was pathetic, pity the same couldn't be said of their performance. Fantastic to be part of that yesterday till kick off then it all went horribly wrong.

Well done Section 43, if the team matched your committment, I'd be having a better weekend.

@hibs.net private member

GGTH
    Also well done to the team who set up the starting display on the pitch thought it was class

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I'm glad I put cash in your buckets and i will again.
    Thanks for doing that - we raised a good sum at the Pars game which should see us start next season well