hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Our team for next season.

Brown as a keeper is poor, does he ever save any shots that are on target a little to either side of him? Get rid.

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Hanlon, has a contract and will stay, but for me we need better.

Kujabi, a terrible player, opposition teams have him sussed, punt him if you can Pat.

O'Sbourne, the new Brian Kerr, what does he actually contribute to Hibs? Get rid.

Soares bye bye, dont let the door hit you on your erse on the way out.

Stevenson, player of the year and about as much use as Anne Franks drum kit.

Claros, bye bye

O'Conner, a disgrace of a professional athlete, please do not give this lard arse another contract.

Griffiths try and keep, he has ability and around some better players will score goals in the SPL.

Doyle keep

Booth keep, the rest can pish off too.

We need virtually a whole new team, i am very worried about next season.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brown as a keeper is poor, does he ever save any shots that are on target a little to either side of him? Get rid.

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Kujabi, a terrible player, opposition teams have him sussed, punt him if you can Pat.

O'Sbourne, the new Brian Kerr, what does he actually contribute to Hibs? Get rid.

Claros, bye bye

O'Conner, a disgrace of a professional athlete, please do not give this lard arse another contract.

Griffiths try and keep, he has ability and around some better players will score goals in the SPL.

Doyle keep

Nothing wrong with that assessment, except to add that Farmer needs to awaken from his delusion that Petrie is fit for purpose.

Don't quite agree with them all.. Hanlon is a good centre half beside mcpake.. Oconnor scores goals.. As long as he's not in the jail i would be sticking with him and Leigh up front next season.. We need a real runner of a centre midfielder and a passer, a brown and a Thomson but within our price range.. Two out and out speedy skilful wingers.. And two really solid fullbacks who can take a throw in as well would be a help, happy with stack in goal next year.. Oh an a lot of good quality squad players as well

New GK

New RB
    McPake
    New CH
    New LB

New RM
    New CM
    New CM
    New LM

Griffiths
    New CF

Subs.
    GK
    Booth
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Doyle
    A.n other
    A.n other

Massive changes needed. Not likely to happen but a core spine of a solid defensive unit, including goalkeeper, a big barsteward in central midfield and a 15 goals a season striker are the key priorities.

Am not totally convinced with mcPake.
    faced with a mobile , ball at his feet , centere forwardhe does not look at all confident.
    If Coventry want money for him I personally would say " Pass"
    On a free would make a raesonable squad palyer.
    Overall I think the side requires two experienced " flair " players , possibly in their early thirties to guide the younger lads we have coming on through the next couple of years .

@hibs.net private member SneakersO'Toole's Avatar
    We won't keep McPake and I'd be surprised if we get Griffiths. These are the only 2 players worth keeping. Worrying.

I agree that Hanlon isn't good enough. As for the midfield, we need a whole new one.

I know at the end of last season we spoke about a rebuilding job but we truly do need one this time round. No excuses! We need to be ruthless in binning the majority of these players who have plunged this club and its fans into the depths of the dispair.

I would give Claros more than 6 months. Hes came to a country where he doesent speak the language and is away from his family. If he can build himself up a bit, he could be a good player.

I'd keep McPake, Hanlon, Griffiths and O'Connor from yesterday's starting line up, and keep Doyle, Stevenson, O'Hanlon, Stack and Francomb in the squad. Youngsters like Stanton, Welsh and Handling can also be added.

After that, I'd hire a coach to get the rest to the airport. And that includes Booth who, despite the love he gets on here, is a poor defender.

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Only three players from yesterday should be back here next year and that's Leigh, Doyle and McPake. That rest can leave on a free for all I care

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

Doherty back to Wolves.

McPake try and keep.

Claros, bye bye

Doyle keep

Agree with the bit in bold.

Bigger job that last season however we have a manager who knows the problem, hopefully he can fix.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Bib Bobajob
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    New GK

New RB
    McPake
    New CH
    New LB

New RM
    New CM
    New CM
    New LM

Griffiths
    New CF

Subs.
    GK
    Booth
    Hanlon
    Stevenson
    Doyle
    A.n other
    A.n other

Massive changes needed. Not likely to happen but a core spine of a solid defensive unit, including goalkeeper, a big barsteward in central midfield and a 15 goals a season striker are the key priorities.
    Sounds about right. Problem is we're likely to be in a similar position to this season with the amount of new players that will be coming in. I really fear for next season on that basis.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    The only player who is actually contracted to Hibs I'd keep is Doyle (I'd keep Stack too but he's not at fault for anything yesterday obviously). I think we'd be lucky to keep the loan players we'd want to (Griffiths and McPake) so I'm not counting on that and I'll not shed any tears for the others, including Claros.

First Team Breakthrough DanTheMan's Avatar
    I'd like Francomb to stay

Keeping McPake is a must.

I think Griffiths is likely to get a run with Wolves next season and even then I'm not sure he's worth the hassle - he's far too concerned with trying to live out the dream of the rest of us and tries to kick everything in a maroon top instead of just getting on with his game.

Hanlon will be a decent enough back up player, likewise Booth, Doyle and Stack.

After that.....well it's going to be one hell of a job, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sundo1875 View Post
    I would give Claros more than 6 months. Hes came to a country where he doesent speak the language and is away from his family. If he can build himself up a bit, he could be a good player.
    Ability to tackle,mark a man, dribble, pass forward or read a game is universal mate. claros does none of this.

So, keep, from the senior squad (not including the youngsters)
    McPake
    Hanlon
    Booth
    Griffiths
    Doyle

The Mibbes:
    Stack
    O'Connor
    Spoon

Punt:
    Brown
    Stevenson
    Kujabi
    Doherty (loan finishes)
    Francomb (loan finishes)
    O'Hanlon
    Stephens
    Scott
    Claros
    Ian Murray
    Soares (loan finishes)
    Osbourne
    Sproule
    Galbraith
    O'Donovan (loan ends)

That's a lot to replace in one go...

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post

we shouldn't be worried though moneybags farmer will splash the cash and it will all be ok..

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I can only agree with most have said - we have about four players who are good enough for the SPL but we aren't guaranteed keeping them. We more or less need a new team for next season if we're to avoid a repeat of this.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    McPake
    Hanlon
    Booth
    Griffiths
    Doyle

The Mibbes:
    Stack
    O'Connor
    Spoon

Punt:
    Brown
    Stevenson
    Kujabi
    Doherty (loan finishes)
    Francomb (loan finishes)
    O'Hanlon
    Stephens
    Scott
    Claros
    Ian Murray
    Soares (loan finishes)
    Osbourne
    Sproule
    Galbraith
    O'Donovan (loan ends)

What about Wotherspoon is he another to be punted,personally i would keep him,sorry never noticed the Spoon got a mention in the Mibbes.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sounds like we'll be getting the boy from Partick, Carney is it?

i'd like us to go with a small squad of good players with young players providing cover so now Welsh has had some first team experience with Partick i think it might be an idea to keep him.

I think we actually need to change the way we play full stop.

For the last three seasons we have actually had good strikers up front with nothing behind to support them, Hearts beat us yesterday and the other three times this season with strength from the back and midfield.

We need a hard working quick central striker to play a selfless role for the team (e.g Steven Elliot yesterday). I think Doyle and Griffiths could both play the role and if we were looking for another option that's available in the summer young Hasselbaink is free after leaving St Mirren.

We then need a solid midfield 3 with a creative element from the middle so we can actually gain and keep possession long enough to make an impact on a match and two good quality wide players with pace that can also chip in with a goal or two.

How about the team below?

David James

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Booth

Black-----Lewis

Spoony
    Swanson-------------------------------Hayes

Hasselbaink

I like Francome and with Norwich staying in the Prem Lambert may be happy to let us have him another year, McPake is a must sign for me and he makes Hanlon a better player too, Booth has now had his hard second season so hopefully will be stronger for it next year. Many won't agree but Ian Black is the best (free) midfielder I see out there right now and I don't care if he's a jambo and I want to see Spoony given the opportunity to do the job for us that he does for the under 21's. Pace, skill and creativity from the wings and up top from three players available on free's in the summer and certainly within our wage range.

David James is a bit left field but if it's ok for Spurs to sign a 40 year old keeper then it should be ok for us too, it's a lot nicer living in Edinburgh than Bristol and again he is a free agent and would be an amazing keeping mentor for Antell and Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Sounds like we'll be getting the boy from Partick, Carney is it?

i'd like us to go with a small squad of good players with young players providing cover so now Welsh has had some first team experience with Partick i think it might be an idea to keep him.
    Heard Welsh not getting his contracted renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck is God View Post
    I think we actually need to change the way we play full stop.

For the last three seasons we have actually had good strikers up front with nothing behind to support them, Hearts beat us yesterday and the other three times this season with strength from the back and midfield.

We need a hard working quick central striker to play a selfless role for the team (e.g Steven Elliot yesterday). I think Doyle and Griffiths could both play the role and if we were looking for another option that's available in the summer young Hasselbaink is free after leaving St Mirren.

We then need a solid midfield 3 with a creative element from the middle so we can actually gain and keep possession long enough to make an impact on a match and two good quality wide players with pace that can also chip in with a goal or two.

How about the team below?

David James

Francome---McPake---Hanlon---Booth

Black-----Lewis

Spoony
    Swanson-------------------------------Hayes

Hasselbaink

I like Francome and with Norwich staying in the Prem Lambert may be happy to let us have him another year, McPake is a must sign for me and he makes Hanlon a better player too, Booth has now had his hard second season so hopefully will be stronger for it next year. Many won't agree but Ian Black is the best (free) midfielder I see out there right now and I don't care if he's a jambo and I want to see Spoony given the opportunity to do the job for us that he does for the under 21's. Pace, skill and creativity from the wings and up top from three players available on free's in the summer and certainly within our wage range.

David James is a bit left field but if it's ok for Spurs to sign a 40 year old keeper then it should be ok for us too, it's a lot nicer living in Edinburgh than Bristol and again he is a free agent and would be an amazing keeping mentor for Antell and Grant.
    My god, in the nicest possible way what a lot of nonsense, i don't actually know where to begin.

David James? The money he'll be on or can demand is way out of our price range, can't believe you've even entertained that thought in your head.

your defence is ok but Booth is clearly not fancied by Fenlon so i doubt he's going to be our answer at left back, i'd be surprised if Francomb stayed but happy if he did.

midfield though, do you really think Black is a realistic option, really? Stevenson debate has been done to death but if you're putting together a wish list would he really be in there, a box to box midfielder that literally goes month to month without even getting a shot on goal?

Spoony hasn't been able to break into this team which has been absolutely gantin so why is he the answer now?

Swanson has already knocked us back as he wants to move down south and Hasselbank is never the sort of striker that would be good playing up front on his own, possibly in one of the wing positions but never up front on his own.

Apart from that, aye, your onto a winner with that team.

Quote Originally Posted by helsbels View Post
    Heard Welsh not getting his contracted renewed.
    would make sense but bit of a shame as he's never had a proper run out for hibs.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    My god, in the nicest possible way what a lot of nonsense, i don't actually know where to begin.

David James? The money he'll be on or can demand is way out of our price range, can't believe you've even entertained that thought in your head.

your defence is ok but Booth is clearly not fancied by Fenlon so i doubt he's going to be our answer at left back, i'd be surprised if Francomb stayed but happy if he did.

midfield though, do you really think Black is a realistic option, really? Stevenson debate has been done to death but if you're putting together a wish list would he really be in there, a box to box midfielder that literally goes month to month without even getting a shot on goal?

Spoony hasn't been able to break into this team which has been absolutely gantin so why is he the answer now?

Swanson has already knocked us back as he wants to move down south and Hasselbank is never the sort of striker that would be good playing up front on his own, possibly in one of the wing positions but never up front on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by sundo1875 View Post
    You are at wind up.... aren't you?

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    We will be signing too many players at once. The players we will sign will more than likely be free agents that nobody else wants.

Next season is not looking any better than the one that has just finished

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    It is worrying, we need a whole new team, most close seasons we NEED to sign 5 or 6 players at the very most but this time we really do need at the very minimum 11 new players to come in.

I can't see Rod letting Pat bring in that many.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post
    We will be signing too many players at once. The players we will sign will more than likely be free agents that nobody else wants.

Next season is not looking any better than the one that has just finished
    Correct and we'll probably sign these journeymen in the last week of the transfer window when all our first choice targets have signed for someone else.

In the long time that I have been watching Hibs the best midfield combinations that I have seen are Jack, Latapy & O'Neil and then a few years later KT, Scotty and Boozy. In both of those midfields there were contrasting styles, there was a player to break things up, a passer and a creative influence and lots of running. We need that again and playing two up front means the only way we can find that combination means a back three.

Why is signing someone like David James unrealistic and why would his wage demands be stupidly high? He has just been released by Bristol City who escaped relegation in only the last couple of games of their season and he wasn't even starting for them.

Anyway, finding the right system and formation is important as is signing players with the right work ethic and application.