hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus No 6!

Bus No 6!

One of the good memories I'll have of today is the laughs had on bus no 6. That retro 1988 ish? School bus was a true fighter even when Hibs weren't! Nice to meet you all, thanks to Mikey and co and the drivers for sorting it all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was bus number 6 not the one that broke down? If so I walked most of the way home. Good banter tho!

Quote Originally Posted by SWR1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was bus number 6 not the one that broke down? If so I walked most of the way home. Good banter tho!
    Walked to Newbridge then called the Mrs to pick us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Walked to Newbridge then called the Mrs to pick us up.
    Sammy, I'm presuming I was with your crowd. I was in McDonald's too.

Sammy, I'm presuming I was with your crowd. I was in McDonald's too.
    Yeah I think so, I was with George's crowd

Didn't know one of them had a problem. What happened?

Yeah I think so, I was with George's crowd
    Aye I was with my brother n Calum. Interesting way to end a dreadful day!

Aye I was with my brother n Calum. Interesting way to end a dreadful day!
    Next time never give up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Didn't know one of them had a problem. What happened?
    Our World War II demob broke down 4 miles from Newbridge

Even on the way there the bus was so slow going up hill you could have walked passed it.

Pity it made it to the game

Pity it made it to the game

Quote Originally Posted by JennaFletcher View Post
    One of the good memories I'll have of today is the laughs had on bus no 6. That retro 1988 ish? School bus was a true fighter even when Hibs weren't! Nice to meet you all, thanks to Mikey and co and the drivers for sorting it all.

Lovely to meet you too Jenna. Sat behind you on the way there. Loved how up you were on the way and giving me a hard time for being pessimistic. Was right though wasn't I?

Whatever did happen to those people who wandered off across the field when we broke down? Bus made it to the top of Broughton Street where we all got off. After that hope it made the short distance back!

Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    Lovely to meet you too Jenna. Sat behind you on the way there. Loved how up you were on the way and giving me a hard time for being pessimistic. Was right though wasn't I?

Whatever did happen to those people who wandered off across the field when we broke down? Bus made it to the top of Broughton Street where we all got off. After that hope it made the short distance back!
    Walked through the field, onto a farm road and down to McDonald's. Got picked up there. Given we waited ages to leave, coupled with the result, emotion was high and I wasn't hanging around to find out how we would get home.

How long did it take to get the bus running again?

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We rounded off our day with a short walk to McDonalds at Newbridge and were picked up by our dear wives, far from the orc hordes who were no doubt steaming along the M8 revelling in your misfortune

Walked through the field, onto a farm road and down to McDonald's. Got picked up there. Given we waited ages to leave, coupled with the result, emotion was high and I wasn't hanging around to find out how we would get home.

How long did it take to get the bus running again?
    Started again quite quickly after you lot escaped. Must have been the excess weight. Was still exciting to see if would move again at every set of traffic lights. Highlight of the day in some ways

Started again quite quickly after you lot escaped. Must have been the excess weight. Was still exciting to see if would move again at every set of traffic lights. Highlight of the day in some ways
    Don't forget the ones that flew off the bus like a swarm of flies to **** as soon as the other bus with a few empty seats came along...

Don't forget the ones that flew off the bus like a swarm of flies to **** as soon as the other bus with a few empty seats came along...
    Buswetters

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    We rounded off our day with a short walk to McDonalds at Newbridge and were picked up by our dear wives, far from the orc hordes who were no doubt steaming along the M8 revelling in your misfortune
    We only saw a few Jambo cars, but they only really noticed you randoms walking along the fields with your green and white attire on

I think we lost 5-1 because I forgot the damn CD

It was pretty funny when we thought the bus driver had gone on the other bus and left us We would probably still be sitting there now. "We've tried calling the bus company... and are waiting to hear back..."

I think we lost 5-1 because I forgot the damn CD

It was pretty funny when we thought the bus driver had gone on the other bus and left us We would probably still be sitting there now. "We've tried calling the bus company... and are waiting to hear back..."
    Don't mention the CD. Were you still on the bus when we had to shout directions to the driver from the top deck???

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We only saw a few Jambo cars, but they only really noticed you randoms walking along the fields with your green and white attire on
    Lovely afternoon for a bracing walk in the country!

A chance to vent with like minded people over the days debacle

Helped burn off some of the frustration with the result that I had mellowed considerably by the time I reached McDonalds

Glad that the bus recovered promptly, I wouldnt have put good money on that prospect at the time we left!

The thought of waiting hours for a replacement which would have needed to horeshoe around Livingston to get there really didnt appeal and the thought of being gawped at by the orc hordes even less so

Aside from the keech going on in certain places on this board tonight...... A few thanks are due about bus.

As I said, thanks to Jenna.

Thanks to jc1 and his bottle of 'special water' for keeping us hilariously entertained at PC world whilst we waited for the bus.

Thanks to jc1's mate Evertonian Hibby for being a top bloke. Safe journey home mate and come back soon. Loved the shirt!

Thanks to my mate Kevin for not telling me his .net username ever so found him on Bus 6

And to Mikey for organising the whole thing.

Best part of the day was bus No6, at least I have funny story about my cup final day!

Bus 7 went along Gorgie Road on the way out which was quite amusing

We didn't go back that way

First Team Breakthrough
    Which apparently got lost in Edinburgh and arrived after we did !

The bus made it back to Easter road but decided not to go down Albion road I'm sure it will not be back to it depot yet as it was so slow

First Team Breakthrough
    The driver of 6 told me he was taking it back to Motherwell. Hope he made it

First Team Breakthrough N.Wales Hibby's Avatar
    Aside from the keech going on in certain places on this board tonight...... A few thanks are due about bus.

Thanks to jc1 and his bottle of 'special water' for keeping us hilariously entertained at PC world whilst we waited for the bus.

Thanks to jc1's mate Evertonian Hibby for being a top bloke. Safe journey home mate and come back soon. Loved the shirt!

Thanks to my mate Kevin for not telling me his .net username ever so found him on Bus 6

Looks like you had a good day apart from the game. Take care.

Nice meeting you all yesterday and my mate Billy from Liverpool had a blast, loved all the Hibs supporters on the day.

Bus was a bit On the Buses like and was a laugh when we changed bus and the driver kept driving and missed the turn off, eejit.

'S' Form

Had a fantastic time,met some great people and the hibs fans in the staAdium were amazing,the bus problems aadded to the fun:hope to be at easter rd in the new season if jc has the patience to put me up again.ill have to buy him some special water before I ask .great experience

Left by mutual consent!
    Got off the No6 at Easter Road. A copper had the cheek to ask us if we had a good day!! Good job he had pepper spray and a truncheon or would have scudded him!
    Great banter on the bus though. We will all have to do it again next time!!