hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Fans

Our Fans

Some of the fans on here are saying that the will never be back and that is not being a true fan. Leaving hampden I saw a car drive by that had two hibs scarfs hanging out of the window that is a true fan, someone that even after the result today is proud to show that they support hibernian fc

2. Log in to remove the advert

TBH I think a lot of it will be knee jerk reactions that people have come out with just because of the frustration and heart break of today. I don't doubt there will be some people who do follow through with their threat but this is the time where we need to rally together and show solidarity. Today was painful and im just as hurt as the next hibs fan but we need to remember that it can only get better.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    We all say things in the heat of the moment, especially when it involves that mob. I left when the fifth went in and proclaimed I'd never ever be back. I had a lot of time to think (thanks to the magical mystery tour which was Bus 005) and of course I'll be back.

I'm still very angry, though.

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    TBH I think a lot of it will be knee jerk reactions that people have come out with just because of the frustration and heart break of today. I don't doubt there will be some people who do follow through with their threat but this is the time where we need to rally together and show solidarity. Today was painful and im just as hurt as the next hibs fan but we need to remember that it can only get better.

Agree, the fans need to rally and unite, and hopefully more finals and better league placings will follow.....Everyone is hurting tonight, of that there is no doubt.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Bus no.3 singing all the way home.
    Driver must have thought we'd won the cup!

First Team Regular leithsansiro's Avatar
    Big thumbs up to the fans. Not questioning anyone though, but it was a bit disappointing to see the stands empty after the third (and fourth). No encouragement at all from that sight for the players for the last 20 minutes.

We played our part today, the players asked us to be loud and back them from the start. We held up our end of the bargain, it's a great shame they didn't.

At the end of the day, we had more than 20,000 fans there today and we'll be lucky if half that number will be at Easter Road in August for the start of the new season so I'm not surprised to hear of people saying today that they'll not be back.

Quote Originally Posted by leithsansiro View Post
    Big thumbs up to the fans. Not questioning anyone though, but it was a bit disappointing to see the stands empty after the third (and fourth). No encouragement at all from that sight for the players for the last 20 minutes.
    Although I didn't leave until their fifth goal, we were never going to be coming back from 3-1 down and a man down with 40 minutes left.

Stayed to the bitter end - always do. However, I don't blame anyone who left after that display

fair weather supporters

i took me all my will power to stay til that final whistle, but i did. i was disgusted with the amount of people left when the 3rd goal went in, one boy threw his scarf away, no other hibs item on him, obviously wasnt a big enough occasion to buy a top! as he walked by, ma dad shouted see u at the next final ya fair weather supporter! and thats the problem, this guy has probably contributed the £15 he paid for his scarf in as many years but has the cheek to ****** off early complaining!

im hurt but ill support them ever more!

we left after the 5th went in :( didnt want to stick around to see if there would be a 6th! still wearing my hibs top though!
    I have my season ticket for next year and one for my son, so Ill be back! even though the performance today was shocking. Can understand why people say they wont be bak, its so frustrating!

If I thought we were going to start next season with the same players we have just now, I wouldn't be back either.

Thankfully, that wont be the case.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    I stayed to the end...... Painful though it was you don't desert your team for anything IMHO

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    Our fans did us proud today , fantastic display and passionate support even when we went 2 down and looked like we couldnae score against Forres mechanics reserve team. If the players had shown half the passion and desire of us 20,000 hibbys inside Hampden it may well have been a different result.

Big thanks to the guys who organized our display , we may not have won on the park but we showed them up off of it.

And a big thanks also to crabbies for providing those flags was great to see a sponsor take an active role in helping support our club , I was reluctant to leave my flag as it was a fantastic gesture by crabbies , however I don't think I could ever have looked at it without remembering the hurt of today so it did indeed get left behind.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMentalHibees View Post
    We played our part today, the players asked us to be loud and back them from the start. We held up our end of the bargain, it's a great shame they didn't.
    This. 100%. To give any of our fans any stick after today is bang out of order imo.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I left after the 4th. I am 64 next month and after following the Hibs for most of my life found myself feeling physically sick and disgusted at todays debacle. Whatever that bunch of imposters in green was it was not the Hibs. I have not renewed my season yet and after that embarrassment it is doubtful if I will.

@hibs.net private member CraigK's Avatar
    Left after the forth. The players on the park didn't deserve our support. Wouldn't care if I didn't see any of them in green and white again. A defeat, even of that magnitude, would've been acceptable if there had been any bottle shown or if they had looked like they cared.
    Have renewed (before the semi) and will be back in august.

Promising Youngster Long Time Hibee's Avatar
    Gutted like everyone else but stayed right to the end. Appreciated Griffiths coming over, seemed like he really cared. Disappointed others didn't for the fans who stayed. Can't understand how we played so badly for 1st 40 mins. They were sharper and hungrier to every 50/50, in fact Claros was watching half the time. However, back in the game just before half time then Thomson (the Jambo bassa) gives them a free penalty although sending off cost us any slim chance we had. He probably thought we might be better 2nd half. Gutted, worst day of my life. Hate seeing those twirling ********* scarves.

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Some of the fans on here are saying that the will never be back and that is not being a true fan. Leaving hampden I saw a car drive by that had two hibs scarfs hanging out of the window that is a true fan, someone that even after the result today is proud to show that they support hibernian fc
    Have to say, I was touched by the attitude of our supporters before the game. A positive, but (as it turned out) wrong attitude about the game. I have never know so many strangers to open their hearts about what it means to be a Hibby.

Let's be honest - this is a hard one to take, but for me it was nice to get back to Leith, and realise that our club still means a lot to many, We go on, it goes on.

GGTH!

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    This. 100%. To give any of our fans any stick after today is bang out of order imo.
    This.

I'm still hugely proud of this club and proud to call myself a supporter.

But I'm ashamed of that team. The fans more than did their bit today, the players didnt uphold their end of the deal.

Till the end

We are all hurting great support till the fans started to desert the stadium we also stayed to the end saw them get the runner up medals poor show in the end by our support we are all hurt but we should have stayed to the end it was them who got us there after all mc pale looked gutted at the empty hibs end

First Team Breakthrough 1875HFC's Avatar
    Stayed until the pain final whistle but I'm a hibee born and bred and will follow through thick and thin. We are all hurting tonight but we have to rally and get back on track because we are the best fans in the world with so much passion.

Thats all from me I'm away for a cry...

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny-55 View Post
    We are all hurting great support till the fans started to desert the stadium we also stayed to the end saw them get the runner up medals poor show in the end by our support we are all hurt but we should have stayed to the end it was them who got us there after all mc pale looked gutted at the empty hibs end
    Not as gutted as the supporters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Our fans were great today. For once in a big derby we turned up and showed support confidently but not too cocky (though some of the stuff on here about how we will beat them since they got to the final has been cringe worthy and embarassing especially after what happened today) with lots of noise and colour. It is often said that the nervousness and lack of belief from the support transfers to the players. Well today just proves that whatever we do as fans it does not affect the outcome.

I thought our support was great, well done all

The fans were great, I think we out sung them until they went 2 up.

I was pretty disgusted that at that point, 2 guys in the block next to us stood up, threw their scarves at the pitch, one of them then spat towards the pitch after having a bit of a ruckus with those who were in his way. Uncalled for completely.

We stayed till the 89th minute. I wasn't watching them run about daft!

Hibs fans today

Totally shafted by a bunch of losers

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny-55 View Post
    I'm sorry, but the team simply didn't deserve for us to sit and applaud them pick up their losers medals. If we lost 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 yeah fine. But 5-1? Really? If they were so gutted about having no fans to clap them off then they should have put a shift in.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I'm sorry, but the team simply didn't deserve for us to sit and applaud them pick up their losers medals. If we lost 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 yeah fine. But 5-1? Really? If they were so gutted about having no fans to clap them off then they should have put a shift in.
    McPake might have been gutted and at least tried to gee us up a bit before taking a corner, but frankly I reckon most of them didn't give a toss, or certainly gave that impression. They didn't deserve being clapped off.

The sight of 20,000 empty seats will hopefully have brought home to them exactly what their 'performance' today was like. I hope there's a bin at Hampden full of those medals.