hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar

Feeling more relaxed over the weekend

On a personal level, I've actually become a bit more relaxed about the whole Cup Final thing over the weekend.

At 3pm on Saturday we'll see a window open, a portal even, that has only opened to us for a grand total of 990 minutes between 1902 and 19th May. On each occasion it has opened the Holy Grail has been tantalisingly close, within grasp, almost at the end of a tunnel which we've been running towards but never quite made it. Unfortunately that portal has eclipsed every time we've tried to reach into it.

Fate will dictate whether 2012 is our year to reach further than before and finally touch that exclusive exilir. The omens are good, possibly better than ever before. This could be our time...it feels closer than ever before.

2. Log in to remove the advert

The important thing is that we're improving game by game whereas they've just been playing out the season. That could well be the clincher on the day.

It just feels right this time.

I feel the opposite!

I'm not working just now (by choice!), but, don't know how I would get through this week sitting behind a desk each day!

It's gonna be a long week but hopefully it will all be worth it with everyone belting out SoL and no doubt many a tear.

I googled the final to see what other forums were talking about the game and the only one I could see was Rotherham and one of their fans just wants to see us win it for SoL. They even paid tribute to hibs and wished their fans were like ours and a club with as much history and tradition. Nice touch.

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    I think we need to stop bigging the cup up as some sacred holy object and realise that its really just a piece of silver.

The more we big it up, the more difficult it seems to make it to win.

It's just a cup and its well there for the taking.

The Yams have everything to lose. More pressure on them than us in my opinion.

I'm feeling quite relaxed although I'm sure the nerves will kick in on Saturday (on the bus... Mikey!)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hoywe

Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The Yams have everything to lose. More pressure on them than us in my opinion.

I'm feeling quite relaxed although I'm sure the nerves will kick in on Saturday (on the bus... Mikey!)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5hoywe

What are you selling on the bus this time?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    has any Hibs side since 1902 had a better opportunity opponent wise? Not in my time watching Hibs. We are gonna do it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wee_hibee View Post
    I think we need to stop bigging the cup up as some sacred holy object and realise that its really just a piece of silver.

The more we big it up, the more difficult it seems to make it to win.

It's just a cup and its well there for the taking.
    I think that's why Fenlon has taken them to Ireland for a few days so that's exactly what they're thinking while hearts are here all week constantly being reminded about what happens if they lose, it can't be good for the mindset.

Tell you what though if it works i wish Pat had taken me with them because i'm going to be an absolute mess by saturday, can barely sleep at night now so no idea what i'll be like at the end of the week

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    What are you selling on the bus this time?
    ;-) The Waiter's box of tricks will be unveiled on the bus! Got a busy week ahead getting it organised. Aw yeah.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?njtzo3

It's having a drastic effect on my home life. Mrs is doing my nut in as she's no a happy bunny. Moaning that all I'm doing is going on about a bloody football game 24/7 and spending to much time on here and the other websites. I've tried and tried explaining it to her but she's just no getting it. Said to her the other day, see when you were planning our wedding well it's like that and if we win it will be one of the greatest days of my life just like the wedding was for her. Didn't go down well at all .

Left by mutual consent!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    has any Hibs side since 1902 had a better opportunity opponent wise? Not in my time watching Hibs. We are gonna do it.
    Airdrie (lost 0-2 in 1924) Aberdeen (lost 1-2 in 1947 having gone 1-0 up in the first minute) and Clyde (lost 0-1 in 1958) have all arguably been easier Finals than this one will be.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    It's having a drastic effect on my home life. Mrs is doing my nut in as she's no a happy bunny. Moaning that all I'm doing is going on about a bloody football game 24/7 and spending to much time on here and the other websites. I've tried and tried explaining it to her but she's just no getting it. Said to her the other day, see when you were planning our wedding well it's like that and if we win it will be one of the greatest days of my life just like the wedding was for her. Didn't go down well at all .
    Apart from the wedding bit i'm the same. She's a hibby but i'm taking it too far, waking up in the middle of the night after dreaming about it, lying awake thinking about what it'll be like if we win, telling her i wish she was james mcpake, that i think i love pat fenlon, just the usual stuff really but i probably am going on about it a bit too much.

When i heard Mcpake picked up an injury i was all set to make him a get well soon card then i had a moment of clarity and remembered (was reminded) that i'm a thirty year old man that's never even met the guy before!

I'm no convinced i'll see out this week.

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    yeah I keep forgetting that she doesn't want to hear than when we win it will be the greatest day of my life. She keeps yapping on about our kids births and wedding days etc

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I didn't get a ticket but will be back in our hometown for the weekend watching the game with loads of Hibbies and Jambo's mates I grew up with, but I am for some strange reason confident that the streets of Gorebridge will ringing out with Hibs songs all night as we make our way home from the local array (though not so mant these days) of fine establishments.

Feeling rather relaxed at the mo myself, but tend not to get too worked up in such circumstances. I'm sure I'll be displaying my usual poker face, and hopefully those riverboat gambler's nerves will help to assuage the tremors of my somewhat more excitable compadres.

Don't suppose any budding meteorologists in our midsts have come up with any prognosis as to the climatic phenomena we are likely to encounter next Saturday?

It would be good to plan one's attire as soon as is humanly possible. Once this has been done, a chap can truly kick back and enjoy the experience of the 'All-Ed', as my chums and I have started to refer to this wizard occasion.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    I am terrified, the closer it get's the worse I feel.

I can't even imagine us winning it, my Granddad lived his whole life and never go to see hibs win this cup so I have always resigned myself to the fact I would never see it.

I suspect by Saturday lunch time I won't have any appetite at all, the worst part for me is all my mates from back home are hearts fans and they have won it twice, they think it will be nice to win it again but for me if hibs win it will be a life changing event.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    I'm not relaxed in the slightest Feel sick at the thought of next week. Can't bear to watch the game. Think it's the fear of the heartbreak....but then a flash of the pandemonium and absolute ecstasy I would feel if we won it.

Unbearable this waiting game
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

The Semi-Final and Final build up have coincided with my Thesis and final exams, and coincidentally they have also coincided with the nose-dive in any chance I had of passing.

I've got to say though, the usual feeling of nerves and dread surrounding the derby are nowhere to be seen.

For some reason I have a total calmness, as if I know it is the time we all head to the promise land.

SOL, 20,000+ Hibees, the Holy Grail, it's just a matter of days away

What's that's brand...

Keep Calm and.....

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0pyzd

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I'm no convinced i'll see out this week.
    That'll be up to your Mrs to make that call. You're not allowed to make decisions anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    That'll be up to your Mrs to make that call. You're not allowed to make decisions anymore.
    Christ, dinnae you start.

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackie View Post
    I googled the final to see what other forums were talking about the game and the only one I could see was Rotherham and one of their fans just wants to see us win it for SoL. They even paid tribute to hibs and wished their fans were like ours and a club with as much history and tradition. Nice touch.
    I did the same but wasn't too enjoyable.

The amount of english fans who think that Hibs are just a mini-celtic and Hearts are a mini-Rangers with the same sectarian bile between the two clubs is infuriating. They just assume that we are just as bad as the OF.. The whole point of the hype leading up to this final is that there will be none of that surrounding the match and there can be a huge, all-or-nothing football game in Scotland without the ridiculous BS that comes with an OF game.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Christ, dinnae you start.

@hibs.net private member Macaroon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amit View Post
    What's that's brand...

Keep Calm and.....

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?j0pyzd
    Garry O'n

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    I didn't get a ticket but will be back in our hometown for the weekend watching the game with loads of Hibbies and Jambo's mates I grew up with, but I am for some strange reason confident that the streets of Gorebridge will ringing out with Hibs songs all night as we make our way home from the local array (though not so mant these days) of fine establishments.
    Spent a lot of last night conversing on facebook with folk from 30 years ago. Twas really strange.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Feeling rather relaxed at the mo myself, but tend not to get too worked up in such circumstances. I'm sure I'll be displaying my usual poker face, and hopefully those riverboat gambler's nerves will help to assuage the tremors of my somewhat more excitable compadres.

Don't suppose any budding meteorologists in our midsts have come up with any prognosis as to the climatic phenomena we are likely to encounter next Saturday?

It would be good to plan one's attire as soon as is humanly possible. Once this has been done, a chap can truly kick back and enjoy the experience of the 'All-Ed', as my chums and I have started to refer to this wizard occasion.
    9 degrees, wind speed 5.9mph from North, 10 per cent chance of showers in afternoon. Think blazer will be suitable.
    Last edited by PatHead; 13-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Testimonial Due
    Its all consuming now, I think during the scramble for tickets I had something else to occupy my mind.... Now tickets are not an issue and know I'll be there, it's starting to consume me...

Try not to dream, dare not to hope, try to stay calm, irritabilty becomes more common, sleep becomes harder to attain, nothing can hold the attnetion, people say things your not listening, that gnawing in the pit of the stomach gets a bit more noticble day by day. Your worried, your already biting your nails you know its coming but come 15:00 on Sturday all that will be swept away and hopefully We'll be on our way to glory.....

I'm feeling quite relaxed, tickets gotten, train booked, new trainers....... in fact, I'm just heading for another jobby right now!