hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Watching in Leith

Although I've been watching post for years this is my first post. I've finally accepted that I won't get a ticket and although disappointed I know there are more deserving than me who also can't get a ticket. My plan now is that I have booked a hotel in Pilrig Street and will watch the match somewhere to savour the atmosphere. I'll be arriving at around 11:00am. Can anyone tell advise me if I would be able to get into the supporters club or what should be the best pub to watch the match in?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HOUSEkid
    I am thinking about the Harp & Castle on Leith Walk. About 2 mins walk from Pilrig Street. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Left by mutual consent!
    Cheers. I'll have my first pint in there and see what it's like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am thinking about the Harp & Castle on Leith Walk. About 2 mins walk from Pilrig Street. Anyone else got any other ideas?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Although I've been watching post for years this is my first post. I've finally accepted that I won't get a ticket and although disappointed I know there are more deserving than me who also can't get a ticket. My plan now is that I have booked a hotel in Pilrig Street and will watch the match somewhere to savour the atmosphere. I'll be arriving at around 11:00am. Can anyone tell advise me if I would be able to get into the supporters club or what should be the best pub to watch the match in?
    Tamsons half way down Easter Road might just have a Hibby or two in

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Robbie's Bar is a nice pub.

City Limits about 4 doors up from Robbies opposite the junction of Pilrig Street and Leith Walk.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM View Post
    Not really in Leith, but if you're looking for a good traditional pub with a lot of Hibee regulars, try the Cask & Barrel at the foot of Broughton Street. Great pub!

First Team Breakthrough DanTheMan's Avatar
    I recommend Robbie's as well

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    Not really in Leith, but if you're looking for a good traditional pub with a lot of Hibee regulars, try the Cask & Barrel at the foot of Broughton Street. Great pub!
    The last time i passed it, it was surrounded by riot police keeping fans separated, looked ugly, seems to be a fair bit of trouble down there when Hibs play.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    The last time i passed it, it was surrounded by riot police keeping fans separated, looked ugly, seems to be a fair bit of trouble down there when Hibs play.
    Would that have been after Rangers visit to ER by any chance? If so, the police weren't separating rival fans, they had followed a large group of Rangers casuals who had descended on the pub (there was a thread about it on here at the time). I'm in there most Saturday afternoons and after Hibs games and can honestly say I've never seen any trouble - which is why my group go there.
    Apologies if this is not the incident you're referring to.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SWYD1875
    Four In Hand will be a definite shout for those who were unable to get tickets