hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What to do........

I have a ticket for the final but I have been notified by our good friends the NHS that I am booked in for a knee operation on the Friday before.

My dilema is that I get the operation, go to the final under the influence, when GOC hits the winner I am left under 19,999 other Hibee's. The pain I could probably deal with at the time but my boss has said that for any time taken off I will NOT get paid for.........

I have contacted the hospital & they have said unless it's an emergency, according to the old firm supporting lad I spoke with on the phone the final does not fall under this catergory.

So do I

Cancel the operation & run the risk of further damage?

Have the operation and watch the game in sunny Leith?

Have the operation, go to the game & again run the risk of further damage?

Every supporters bus is full, so it would mean travelling on the trains which is a journey I wouldnt want to make

HELP

x

2. Log in to remove the advert

Have the op and go to the game, but be cautious when you're there. Understandably you'll be going ballistic WHEN we score, but just try to hop about rather than jump.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You postpone the op, call them the day before telling them you have the flu. They wont operate, and you will have to wait for another date. It may be a good while later, but you cant miss this.

@hibs.net private member hibeenicol's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ll nicol ll
    Depend what the op is?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depend what the op is?
    He already said Knee operation lol

@hibs.net private member
    postpone the op without a doubt.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by LAHIBBY View Post
    He already said Knee operation lol
    Yeah I know smarty lol

Depends how big the operation is going to be on his Knee

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Have the op and go but don't drink

Quote Originally Posted by hibeenicol View Post
    Yeah I know smarty lol

Depends how big the operation is going to be on his Knee
    Just keyhole, nothing major. But I have had it done four times and although it's not a big op at all, it still is very umcomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    Have the op and go but don't drink
    Steady........

Should the OP have the op or postpone the op?

Gamer IDs

I would get the op done, take some tramadol before you leave and the adreniline will get you through the rest of the day.

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Just keyhole, nothing major. But I have had it done four times and although it's not a big op at all, it still is very umcomfortable.
    4 times? It obviously doesn't work then.

Cancel op, go to Final

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    If its a keyhole cartliage op you'll be fine for the Saturday. I had this done in July on the Friday, walked up to ER on the Saturday for the Barnsley game. Got up the hill and the game was off!!
    Stay off the strong tablets as they make you drowsy, and stick to Paracetamol

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Is it just me, but is anyone else saying who lives in a house like this?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Is it just me, but is anyone else saying who lives in a house like this?
    ha ha my house (knee) is a crumbling mess

Sweet, thanks for the input. If I am in pain I will just crowd surf the sea of green :pfgwa

I think watching a Hibs v Hearts final is potentially even more damaging to your health

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Getting disgustingly drunk and seeing the Hibees win the Scottish cup will numb any possible pain youll experience for weeks

First Team Breakthrough
    Have you tried getting in touch with Hampden to see if you could use the disabled seating?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12
    i think you should get the op and then go to the final and jump about like a looney.... hopefully you'll permenantly cripple yourself and wont be able to play for the beers again...... just saying what your team mates are thinking pal.....

First Team Breakthrough deeks01's Avatar
    I have a ticket for the final but I have been notified by our good friends the NHS that I am booked in for a knee operation on the Friday before.

My dilema is that I get the operation, go to the final under the influence, when GOC hits the winner I am left under 19,999 other Hibee's. The pain I could probably deal with at the time but my boss has said that for any time taken off I will NOT get paid for.........

I have contacted the hospital & they have said unless it's an emergency, according to the old firm supporting lad I spoke with on the phone the final does not fall under this catergory.

So do I

Every supporters bus is full, so it would mean travelling on the trains which is a journey I wouldnt want to make

HELP

x
    I don't post on here a lot but always browse to keep up with opinions etc however I got so excited that I got tickets I decided to log on! This reminds me of my dilemma yesterday got taken into hospital yesterday and told I was getting kept in for treatment (I have a chronic lung condition) my first thought was "oh s*** I might not get tickets tomorrow" so I told mr doctor man I could not be kept in as I had urgent business tomorrow and was taking no chances about not making the final. He was so incredulous he just agreed that I could come in on Thursday for treatment supposing they can find a bed for me , which apparently after turning one down is not guaranteed. He then asked me when the game was , I told him and got the devastating news that I am in such bad nick it's going to take at least 3 weeks of intensive treatment in the hospital and I couldn't actually go to the game , only one thing crossed my mind - "I'll sign myself out" I said and this time he was so incredulous he blurted out "it's only a game son". Stupid p****. Hopefully I'll still have a bed in the ward after the game but at the end of the day whatever happens I am NOT missing the biggest Edinburgh derby in history simple as that. Might be a bit of a struggle getting from the car to Hampden and climbing those stairs will be a bitch but I cannot miss the game. Gutted I won't can have a pint pre-match to cool the nerves but that could be disastrous with the meds/painkillers I'll be on! Anyway my advice to the OP is get the op and still go to the match , yes it's probably a bit idiotic but this is the biggest derby in history you simply can't miss it!

Aahhh I feel electric right now the adrenaline is pumping , I HAVE A TICKET!

Bring on the jam tarts , no fear.

Good luck to everyone still trying for tickets!

What a wonderful , wonderful day.

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks01 View Post
    I don't post on here a lot but always browse to keep up with opinions etc however I got so excited that I got tickets I decided to log on! This reminds me of my dilemma yesterday got taken into hospital yesterday and told I was getting kept in for treatment (I have a chronic lung condition) my first thought was "oh s*** I might not get tickets tomorrow" so I told mr doctor man I could not be kept in as I had urgent business tomorrow and was taking no chances about not making the final. He was so incredulous he just agreed that I could come in on Thursday for treatment supposing they can find a bed for me , which apparently after turning one down is not guaranteed. He then asked me when the game was , I told him and got the devastating news that I am in such bad nick it's going to take at least 3 weeks of intensive treatment in the hospital and I couldn't actually go to the game , only one thing crossed my mind - "I'll sign myself out" I said and this time he was so incredulous he blurted out "it's only a game son". Stupid p****. Hopefully I'll still have a bed in the ward after the game but at the end of the day whatever happens I am NOT missing the biggest Edinburgh derby in history simple as that. Might be a bit of a struggle getting from the car to Hampden and climbing those stairs will be a bitch but I cannot miss the game. Gutted I won't can have a pint pre-match to cool the nerves but that could be disastrous with the meds/painkillers I'll be on! Anyway my advice to the OP is get the op and still go to the match , yes it's probably a bit idiotic but this is the biggest derby in history you simply can't miss it!

Aahhh I feel electric right now the adrenaline is pumping , I HAVE A TICKET!

Bring on the jam tarts , no fear.

Good luck to everyone still trying for tickets!

What a wonderful , wonderful day.

AAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Posts like this should be sent to pat Fenlon and the players. They'll already know how much it means to us but to read it brings it home big time.

If you do go, make sure you explain your delemia to the Hibbys around you. So that anybody who does not know about it will not jump on your back when Hibs score the winner.

phone up a couple days before op and say you have the runs, they wont want you anywhere near the hospital. They will re-book you for a later date (if you can wait that long that is).

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    We'll all have the runs a couple days before fella

Quote Originally Posted by Ritchie View Post
    i think you should get the op and then go to the final and jump about like a looney.... hopefully you'll permenantly cripple yourself and wont be able to play for the beers again...... just saying what your team mates are thinking pal.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DylanCrosbieI9I

So do I

HELP

x

go to the game in wheel chair and get disability aces?

So do I

HELP

x

phone them, delay it. You'll get put back 5 or 6 weeks, but still on it. Have a wee excuse ready.
    I know, cause ive just done same and for same op! ;-)

Left by mutual consent!

So do I

HELP

x
    Personally believe you should give your ticket to a more deserving hibs fan, you part time pr***.

Left by mutual consent!
    Have the op, dinnae have the op, who gives a **** just get yersel tae the game, you can sit at the end with the other auld wreck