hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: 25 points...

Testimonial Due

25 points...

... is usually enough to beat the drop? Isn't it?

Most relegated teams get less than 20 - or am I just in my old age thinking because Dumbarton and Gretna went down without a squeek that is the normal state of affairs.

Any stattos who can help my confusion?

(Of course it's the team on 70 points that should go down...)

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: FleshCabbage
    Gretna finished with 23, but I'm sure you usually need around 30 points to stay up. 25 usually sees you going down.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt & Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gretna finished with 23, but I'm sure you usually need around 30 points to stay up. 25 usually sees you going down.
    I would say 30 too

Less than that is squeeky bOOm time

@hibs.net private member
    Since the SPL began, ICT went down on goal difference in 2009 on 37 points, tied with St Mirren. Dunfermline have gone down on 32 points, Dundee on 33, St Mirren on 30, Falkirk on 31. Aberdeen escaped relegation on 33 points due to league reconstruction.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    We've had an extremely poor season; we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth and we need to bear in mind that next time out Ross County won't be as poor as Dunfermline have been.

It would be niced to think that everyone in positions of responsibility at ER are now totally focussed on making sure the team is properly prepared and ready for next season - Farmer and Petrie, the board, Fenlon, O'Brien and Brown, everyone.

A football club exists to put a team on the park - everything else is a means to that end.

The resources and facilities we have at our disposal, 11th in one of the poorest Leagues in Europe isn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've had an extremely poor season; we've stayed up by the skin of our teeth and we need to bear in mind that next time out Ross County won't be as poor as Dunfermline have been.

It would be niced to think that everyone in positions of responsibility at ER are now totally focussed on making sure the team is properly prepared and ready for next season - Farmer and Petrie, the board, Fenlon, O'Brien and Brown, everyone.

A football club exists to put a team on the park - everything else is a means to that end.

The resources and facilities we have at our disposal, 11th in one of the poorest Leagues in Europe isn't good enough.
    My mate is a Ross County fan and does not think they are equipped to challenge week in week out in the SPL.

He said last season Dunfermline were head and shoulders above everyone and expected them to do better.

They also lose Michael Gardyne in the Summer to Dundee Utd.

Surelly we will be a better team next season then again could not really be any worse.