hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pars fans (merged)

Anyone else see the Dunfermline fan vault the hoarding to get the ball, which he immediately threw to the corner flag and then hopped back into his seat. All over in 2 seconds, yet he was thrown out by the stewards.

Yes, I suppose they are abiding by the rules, but dearie me, is there no leeway for a bit of common sense?

Truly pathetic and I the guy does not face any further action - except maybe getting an apology from the stewards for being thrown out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone else see the Dunfermline fan vault the hoarding to get the ball, which he immediately threw to the corner flag and then hopped back into his seat. All over in 2 seconds, yet he was thrown out by the stewards.

Yes, I suppose they are abiding by the rules, but dearie me, is there no leeway for a bit of common sense?

Truly pathetic and I the guy does not face any further action - except maybe getting an apology from the stewards for being thrown out.
    Yup, I saw it, and was raging.

It was noticeable that, just a couple of minutes later, the police lined up along that bit. They were probably expecting a bit of trouble after that incident.

@hibs.net private member
    Yep saw that very poor.... Appeared he was with his son who then had to leave. Common sense ....zero

Blog Entries
    Really great...part of the drive to encourage more fans to come to games

I thought the Dunfy fans given how their team was torn apart were pretty spirited, with a number even staying to applaud the Hibs players - must be hard for them to take - but they conducted themselves well

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    there's a post about it on a dunfy site, apparently two fans got chucked of the train going back, for swearing, hopefully the train was at a station at the time

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Suppose if stewards let people away with stuff like that then more and more fans would be hopping over as makeshift ballboys in future. If we're going to have stadiums with no fences/barriers between the fans and the pitch then the stewards need to be strict I suppose!

Did feel sorry for the lad though!

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    I suppose they were following instructions (I assume) but as you say a bit of common sense could have been used as he was not being a threat etc.

On the subject of Dunfy fans - I was well impressed with the small crowd of them that stayed on to applaud the Hibs players after the game (of course they may have been chanting abuse for all I know but it didn't appear that way and I know I would have been disappearing pretty rapidly after the Hibs team went down the tunnel if it was the other way round). Thought it was quite funny that they started a conga around their bit of the ground but even then the stgewards went to ruin it!

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Fair play to the Dunfy fans. Supporting their local team and staying till the end. Feel sorry for them but no way for their manager.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Heard a lot of booing as a supporter in an orange jacket was emptied from the Dunfermline end. I had just presumed - particular from the "in your face" way he spoke to another supporter - that he was a Jambo who had been "outed" by the away fans. However did I totally get the wrong end of the stick here?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought it was very unfair. Wasn't causing a threat to no one. Just throwing the ball back to Mark Brown for him to take his goal kick and going back to his seat. Just stupid folk like that steward who have no common sense whatsoever. Also credit to some of the pars fans for staying back and applauding the hibs players. Must been very hard for them but well done.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Thought it was very unfair. Wasn't causing a threat to no one. Just throwing the ball back to Mark Brown for him to take his goal kick and going back to his seat. Just stupid folk like that steward who have no common sense whatsoever. Also credit to some of the pars fans for staying back and applauding the hibs players. Must been very hard for them but well done.

That is very good of them.

Blog Entries
    The steward seemed to talk to him and then let him walk back to his seat. Next thing he was being led into the exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Heard a lot of booing as a supporter in an orange jacket was emptied from the Dunfermline end. I had just presumed - particular from the "in your face" way he spoke to another supporter - that he was a Jambo who had been "outed" by the away fans. However did I totally get the wrong end of the stick here?
    You did mate, that was the guy who jumped the fence and threw the ball back.

Rules are rules, if he's daft enough to jump on the track then he's nobody to blame but himself. Could certainly see he was going to get kicked out as soon as he jumped back over the fence. Quite entertaining to say the least but I hope he doesn't face a ban or anything.

Fair play to the Dunfy kids with their conga at the end as well, they got a well deserved round of applause from the East.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar

Pars fans.

Over in good numbers tonight which was good to see. Thought they deserved a thread of their own.For applauding the Hibs players when they did their lap despite just seeing their team get relegated.
    The Conga to Pigbag at the end was ****ing Awsome.
    Pars fans I salute you.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    I agree. Thought that conga was awesome.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm certain i saw the boy sit back down?

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Rules is rules. As said above you can't start letting some people away with it depending on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    The steward seemed to talk to him and then let him walk back to his seat. Next thing he was being led into the exit.
    I would hazard a guess that the steward wasn't going to take any action other than 'best not do that' until told otherwise by those higher up the chain of command. For this reason, blaming the steward as being idiotic (as done many times above) is rather unfair, simply doing what he had to do and what he gets paid for(ultimately by Hibs) to do.

Speaking as a steward(Only work Tynie/rugby, not ER)
    Mon the Hibs.

Radio guys said 1,400 of them though it didn't look that many to me. Hats off to most of them for staying behind their team and for clapping the Hibs players. I noticed Soares returning the applause which was also a nice touch
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I don't want to sound like a patronising Celtc fan but it was classy of those why stayed to the end to applaud the Hibs team. I hope the Hearts fans in their end had a wonderful day and are pleased they got a superb view of three goals too and feel they spent their £20 watching Hibs' biggest win in a long time instead of helping pay their players' wages or employing Ian Black to paint their ceiling.

Left by mutual consent!
    We have been there, it's not easy. They showed what football is all about, love the club no matter what. Hurry back Pars without JJ!!

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Genuinely sorry it had to be the pars that went down - fat jim apart of course, can't stand the fat tw@ but they are a good bunch of guys, my second favourite Scottish team I suppose.

Wouldn't have cared if any of the others were relegated.

Haste ye back guys.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Radio guys said 1,400 of them though it didn't look that many to me. Hats off to most of them for staying behind their team and for clapping the Hibs players. I noticed Soares returning the applause which was also a nice touch
    I don't think it could have been that many. The South Stand holds 3800 so would have needed to be at 50% capacity before even taking barriers for segregation into account. Given they filled the bottom tier but left quite a lot of room in the top that figure's wrong. They may be mistaken and think there were 1400 in the whole stand with the additional Hibs fans there too.

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    I don't think it could have been that many. The South Stand holds 3800 so would have needed to be at 50% capacity before even taking barriers for segregation into account. Given they filled the bottom tier but left quite a lot of room in the top that figure's wrong. They may be mistaken and think there were 1400 in the whole stand with the additional Hibs fans there too.
    I should have said that it was Chick Young who said 1,400
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I must agree. They were dignified and a credit to their club. I respect the way they conducted themselves tonight.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I should have said that it was Chick Young who said 1,400
    That clears it up then

@hibs.net private member neilmartinrocks's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sum1stolemytag
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Rules is rules. As said above you can't start letting some people away with it depending on the situation.

I would hazard a guess that the steward wasn't going to take any action other than 'best not do that' until told otherwise by those higher up the chain of command. For this reason, blaming the steward as being idiotic (as done many times above) is rather unfair, simply doing what he had to do and what he gets paid for(ultimately by Hibs) to do.

Speaking as a steward(Only work Tynie/rugby, not ER)
    Had a steward telling the wee laddies next to me tae sit down coz they were blocking folks view.
    And then 10 mins before time the 6'2" bam stands right in front o' me. I cuidnae see **** for him.

@hibs.net private member
    Said they did well on another thread but there was only 1000 of them there at most

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmartinrocks View Post
    Had a steward telling the wee laddies next to me tae sit down coz they were blocking folks view.
    And then 10 mins before time the 6'2" bam stands right in front o' me. I cuidnae see **** for him.
    I assume you mean the track detail that goes on right around the pitch, at 43 and 88 minutes on the clock?

That's where they stand, that's where they stand every game, that's where they are told to stand.

You've clearly disregarded the part where I say they are doing what they are instructed to do by their supervisors and don't deserve the sort of stick they get from people like you.
    Mon the Hibs.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Was a nice touch from the Pars at the final whistle and throughout the game they were still singing and jumping around at 4-0.

Hope they can have a **** first quarter, gee jumbo the boot then finish up getting promoted at the end of the season.