hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce

Similar scenes at Hampden?

I have always likened hibs hearts rivalry as similar to the sheffield rivalry, when explaining to our english cousins. With that in mind would we see scenes like this should we win the cup at Hampden? Or are we too civilised for that?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17969741

2. Log in to remove the advert

My mate was one if them on the pitch. He even said he cried on full time.

Can see few tears if Hibs win at hampden too.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: JonnyLifeForce
    yeah I saw tears at 2007 in 2012 it could be ten times that!

First Team Breakthrough
    Personally, I couldn't see a problem with a pitch invason if we won. It's just a massive elated support en masse showing appreciation to a team who have delivered. The intention duringSheffield Wednesdays invasion was all good. However you know Strathclyde Police would spend Months sifting through hours of footage and dawn Raids would ensue all in the "Public Interest" of course.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mickki40 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I couldn't see a problem with a pitch invason if we won. It's just a massive elated support en masse showing appreciation to a team who have delivered. The intention duringSheffield Wednesdays invasion was all good. However you know Strathclyde Police would spend Months sifting through hours of footage and dawn Raids would ensue all in the "Public Interest" of course.
    No! Stay off the pitch and allow the players to celebrate in safety, that way everyone gets to see the celebrations and the day is not marred by idiots.

The bad loser yams would be on the park scrapping within minutes so probably a bad idea on this occasion.

You're right though, in England there are plenty of pitch invasions taken in the spirit intended by the authorities. In Scotland the mounted Polis are on with batons and every fan on the park is banned for life

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    There's a massive difference between celebrating on your own pitch after a league game and invading the pitch at the national stadium. Anyone doing this will ruin the celebrations for others and no doubt they will also be arrested!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    There's a massive difference between celebrating on your own pitch after a league game and invading the pitch at the national stadium. Anyone doing this will ruin the celebrations for others and no doubt they will also be arrested!
    Exactly, especially in a cup final against your city rivals, it would create confrontation on the pitch and ruin it for everyone.

You haven't seen the footage from the'79/80 final then? The pitch is for players.
    Last edited by marinello59; 07-05-2012 at 08:11 AM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You haven't seen the footage from the'79/80 final then? The pitch is for players.
    1980 carnage !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5hL6UbstyE

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    I remember watching that live at my grandads. He was going mental about ****, animals, they need a good birching etc etc.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I remember watching that live at my grandads. He was going mental about ****, animals, they need a good birching etc etc.
    But Scottish fitba needs them (and everything that goes with them) don't you know.

If there had been a pitch invasion at the 2007 final, it would have spoilt the fantastic atmosphere and mood of celebration. I much preferred the players having the pitch to themselves and the supporters celebrating from the stands.

There were pitch invasions at ER after the win at Hampden in 2007 and, farther back, when we got promoted at Firhill in 1989. On both occasions the majority did not have the chance to celebrate because of a minority that ran onto the pitch and then wouldn't get off, despite the announcements that the players wouldn't come back out until they shifted from the pitch.

Now, take that and add in the possibility of opposing fans coming onto the pitch for a fight and we have a recipe for chaos.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    LOthian and Borders finest decided IMHO to turn the lights off on the 2007 party at ER. Mainly just overexcited/ daft Laddies and lasses over reaction on cops
    Wanting to go home early. Bit of a disgrace really and a shame as it spelled the end of spontaneous celebrations at ER.
    Strathclyde would likely get the horses on if any pitch invasions were attempted.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Yeh .... If we do beat the odds at Hampden it would be insane to invade the pitch.

Its hard enough trying to keep the bloody Yams off the pitch at a normal derby .. witness several incidents over the last few years.

There is a better than even chance that if we went onto the pitch there would be a reaction from the sizeable proportion of Yams who would just love to spoil the party by turning it into a full scale battle.

Quote Originally Posted by keekaboo View Post
    If there had been a pitch invasion at the 2007 final, it would have spoilt the fantastic atmosphere and mood of celebration. I much preferred the players having the pitch to themselves and the supporters celebrating from the stands.

There were pitch invasions at ER after the win at Hampden in 2007 and, farther back, when we got promoted at Firhill in 1989. On both occasions the majority did not have the chance to celebrate because of a minority that ran onto the pitch and then wouldn't get off, despite the announcements that the players wouldn't come back out until they shifted from the pitch.

Now, take that and add in the possibility of opposing fans coming onto the pitch for a fight and we have a recipe for chaos.
    Not true. There was an initial invasion (all in good fun) and the players DID come back out and everyone DID stay off the pitch. Final game at ER was a different story I concede...

@hibs.net private member hibee_nation's Avatar
    If the worst happens and they win and come streaming onto the park do you honestly think we would politely exit the stadium and leave them too it, don't think so.

What hasn't been mentioned is that SWFC's lap of honour once the crowd had been cleared was then cut short before they'd even reached the uberfans in the Kop because of numpties invading the pitch again.

Leave the pitch for the players and let everyone enjoy the celebrations.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Stay in the stands. Then the best rendition can go ahead of SOL. To invade the pitch would mean certain fans goading the jambos and it would be carnage. Would definetly spoil the celebrations.

The problem with football is that it turns normal level headed people into thugs and the amount of anger that would be flowing about for the losing team will be sufficient enough to start a brawl.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Your off your head if your even thinking about doing that at Hampden. Would turn into a full scale riot and the Yams would be on the pitch within minutes. Same would apply if it was the other way round.
    As for the Sheffield derby. NO DANGER they'd have got away with that if they were playing Utd.