hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Attendance on monday

Just spoke to a guy who works in the TO and said tickets selling fast and only about 3000 left! What do you think the attendance will be? 15900 for me!

2. Log in to remove the advert

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Would be great if it was the first ER sell out in the 'new' stadium.

You could always guess here and win yourself a 20 quid voucher!!.........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?2...b-shop-voucher

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just spoke to a guy who works in the TO and said tickets selling fast and only about 3000 left! What do you think the attendance will be? 15900 for me!
    If there's 3,000 left then there should be 17,000 sold. I doubt that. The ticket office have a track record for telling porkies.

I'm sure it'll be a good crowd though, and I hope its rammed. Would love to see Pars sell out the away end. A one-nil win for them, and we have a tough one at Inverness, so they have to be thinking of it as doable.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    The Gloryhunters will be out in force on Monday
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

How brilliant would it be if we had a 15k plus crowd on Monday. End of season party to finally see us win at home. Come everyone do your bit. It's a long summer with no Hibs to watch. GGTTH

I was down getting our's to-day (couldn't add them to our memberships) and ended up getting section 38 as the central areas of the East are sold out.

A woman asked for "3 concessions for Saturday", the T.O. guy said "It's on Monday", she said "Aye o.k. then", he said "What section?", she said " I'm only the messenger", shrugged, took the tickets and left.

No-one asked on what basis she was entitled to concessions.

Just buying 3 chances in the lottery.

We may sell a lot of tickets but don't expect a full-house.

First Team Breakthrough muzzhfc's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: muzz-a-bear
    surely we should open south stand upper if it looks like we will sell out our allocation? cant see dunfermaline bringing enough for upper and lower?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Will believe it when I see it. Too many times the ticket office gave claimed they've sold more tickets than they actually have.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I'm worried now, I've booked a train for Monday morning, I hope there's some tickets left

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    I'm worried now, I've booked a train for Monday morning, I hope there's some tickets left
    I'm sure you'll get a seat, I think some folk are getting a bit carried away.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperate Dan View Post
    I'm sure you'll get a seat, I think some folk are getting a bit carried away.
    This.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This.
    We do have a minor version of the condition known as Jambo's disease. when it comes to northwards exaggerations of the size of our crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewmckay View Post
    I was down today at about 11am and was the only one at the pod. Was pretty quiet at the ticket desk in the shop too. I reckon you will be fine for Monday, I cant see it being a sell out.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    We do have a minor version of the condition known as Jambo's disease. when it comes to northwards exaggerations of the size of our crowds.
    Will be interesting to see the turn-out on Monday: 2 or 3 years ago, Cup Final aside, there would have been a bumper attendance to hopefully roar the team on to SPL survival, but so many Hibs fans have been disaffected by the crap on offer since that I think the support has polarised. Despite the carrot of cup final tickets, I doubt there will be more than 12,000.

Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Will be interesting to see the turn-out on Monday: 2 or 3 years ago, Cup Final aside, there would have been a bumper attendance to hopefully roar the team on to SPL survival, but so many Hibs fans have been disaffected by the crap on offer since that I think the support has polarised. Despite the carrot of cup final tickets, I doubt there will be more than 12,000.
    I agree. A lot of Hibs fans fancy themselves as football purists (me amongst them but I still watch us when we're crap and dull out of loyalty/stupidity) and will simply not go along to watch dull football. They need a Sauzee, Riordan, Zemmama sort of player(s) in the team. This element in the support we basically lost during the 2nd half of Yogi/Calderwood regimes, and they won't be back (cup final excepted) until they see more flair/creative players at ER who can excite.

That leaves the stalwarts, who don't like the way things are but will stick it out till we get better. I think we'll have a decent five figure attendance, but I doubt that ER will be bursting at the seams on Monday - though I hope I'm wrong.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    I'm going on Monday. May well be my last league game depending on the outcome of the Rangers fiasco. Here's hoping we get a decent attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainboy19 View Post
    The Gloryhunters will be out in force on Monday
    So you keep saying.

Do you object to more people coming through the turnstiles? Maybe some of them have families, mortgages and responsibilities and therefore cant afford to buy a season ticket in the ****ing ivory tower stand like yourself.

The club needs walk-ups and lapsed fans right now to help the cause. The club has actively encouraged them so who the hell are you, or anyone else to look down there nose at them? The club needs a big support on Monday and there should be none of this.

A person that you consider a glory hunter might have invested a lot more cash and time in the club than you ever have and has probably invested his emotions to the same extent as yourself.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    If there's 3,000 left then there should be 17,000 sold. I doubt that. The ticket office have a track record for telling porkies.

for 3000 left I would read it as 14000 sold in the Hibs end then whatever Dunfermline bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    for 3000 left I would read it as 14000 sold in the Hibs end then whatever Dunfermline bring.
    That's what I would think too.

You'll get seasons that can't make it, plus people who will buy for the cup final lottery but not actually go. With Dunfermline all but relegated I can't see them bringing that big a support either.

I reckon around 12-13k there.

Blog Entries
    the real Glory Hunters will not be there...as they will have bought concessions and not even go.......

I think the club should announce that only 'walk ups' where the ticket is scanned at turnstyle will get entered in draw...

I think the custodians have done an exceptional job of making sure our club benefits to the maximum out of us getting to the final...but a lot of people would be rightly peed off if someone bought a £10 concession (that they might not even be entitled to) did not attend...and ended up with the right to buy to CF tickets...
    Last edited by down-the-slope; 05-05-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

You'll get seasons that can't make it, plus people who will buy for the cup final lottery but not actually go. With Dunfermline all but relegated I can't see them bringing that big a support either.

I've got a feeling that walkups will need to actually need to attend to be included in the lottery mate. That will be why there are no phone and internet options to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post

12-13k is a good shout.

Its against spl rules to have home fans sitting above away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by muzzhfc View Post
    surely we should open south stand upper if it looks like we will sell out our allocation? cant see dunfermaline bringing enough for upper and lower?

But they can split the south stand in 2. Agree that a attendance of 12/13k would be about right.

What happens at ibrox, I remember years ago, the rangers fans were above the hibs fans, although I must admit its been years since I was last there...

Quote Originally Posted by soupy View Post
    What happens at ibrox, I remember years ago, the rangers fans were above the hibs fans, although I must admit its been years since I was last there...
    Since this ruling came in the away fans have been in the corner at Ibrox, there are no seats above.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Sad thing is that us fans shouldn't need any motivation to go to this game other than the fact its the biggest game the club has had in a long long time.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
    Sad thing is that us fans shouldn't need any motivation to go to this game other than the fact its the biggest game the club has had in a long long time.
    This.

If there is not at least 15k there, I despair.

Bank holiday (for some), reduced prices, essential game, last home game, put one over on Jeffries, chance of cup final ticket .....

come on, surely.

Should be sold out. Will be well short though.