hibs.net Messageboard

Sunshine on Leith

I really hope that when we win the Scottish Cup that there is a recording made of the whole of the Sunshine on Leith as sung by 20,000 plus Hibees. I have only seen the BBC version of the 2007 final, which starts with the Murphy/Benji interviews and ends after the first chorus. If there was a top quality whole length version, I can see a marketing opportunity with CD/DVDs being released of that song alone.

Let's hope someone is on the case!

2. Log in to remove the advert

If this happens I will no doubt be balling my eyes out! Eyes started getting watery after Leigh scored the winner in the Semi!!

Theres lots of good ones on YouTube. I like this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPRj1DLEZIg

Left by mutual consent! Phil D. Rolls's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I really hope that when we win the Scottish Cup that there is a recording made of the whole of the Sunshine on Leith as sung by 20,000 plus Hibees. I have only seen the BBC version of the 2007 final, which starts with the Murphy/Benji interviews and ends after the first chorus. If there was a top quality whole length version, I can see a marketing opportunity with CD/DVDs being released of that song alone.

Let's hope someone is on the case!
    Not top of my priorities. Besides, when we win that thing there is going to be in excess of 20,000 basket cases unable to talk let alone sing. Hope the paramedics and Gartnavel Hospital are primed.

Surely a cup win will prompt a pitch invasion at Hampden? A lot of folk won't be able to contain themselves...in the case of an invasion, I doubt they would play SOL, they would be trying hard to usher the fans out of the stadium!

Think it would be pretty difficult to invade the pitch at Hampden because there is a a gap between the seats and the pitch where there is a sort of concrete trough with waist high ropes strung accross it where flags and stuff are sometimes put. Not 100% sure if this goes all the way round the pitch but I think it does. Pretty sure it is there primarily to discourage pitch invasions.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by vercol36 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely a cup win will prompt a pitch invasion at Hampden? A lot of folk won't be able to contain themselves...in the case of an invasion, I doubt they would play SOL, they would be trying hard to usher the fans out of the stadium!
    No chance of that happening and would spoil the celebrations. Also the Yams would come on leading to carnage

There'll be carnage whatever happens unfortunately.