hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

ST Being Cancelled Once SCF Ticket Is Purchased

Heard off a few people now that people have been buying a ST to gain a SCF ticket and then cancelling their ST within the '14 day cooling-off period'?

Disgusting if true. Hope the club have something planned to stop this if true.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Heard off a few people now that people have been buying a ST to gain a SCF ticket and then cancelling their ST within the '14 day cooling-off period'?

Have also heard this but short of sending the "boys round" not a lot the club can do. Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    robbing your own club, utterly shameful. Ironically, these will probably be the same people moaning about how the 'real' fans arent getting a fair enough chance of final tickets, twats.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Have also heard this but short of sending the "boys round" not a lot the club can do. Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.
    Actually, there probably is.

If the tickets haven't yet been issued, then the Club are IMO within their rights to cancel them and refuse to hand them over.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbloke View Post
    Word is that club are gonny have to look at things if we are relegated because of offers and conditions in the terms of the sale of the ST. Don't know what is correct and what is nonsense, someone more clued up than me may know.
    Of course they are, but they're hardly going to come out with "here's what happens if we're relegated" at this stage.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    I wondered how long it would take for this to happen. Given the deadlines for renewal, and the fact that there are more than 14 days left until the cup final, I imagine the club could legitimately withdraw or void the allocated cup final tickets, as "renewing" was a condition of being able to apply for one in the first place and thus cancelling the renewal represents a breach of those terms. However, if there was nothing specifically in writing about the club being allowed to do that in this exact situation, then I don't think there's anything they can do, is there? Not surpised to hear about this and as I said, saw this coming as soon as it was announced. Poor stuff from the "fans" involved.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

If the tickets haven't yet been issued, then the Club are IMO within their rights to cancel them and refuse to hand them over.
    I agree, just the practical side that gets messy. If tickets still in clubs possession then keep them and tell cancellor to bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Of course they are, but they're hardly going to come out with "here's what happens if we're relegated" at this stage.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Maybe, rather than coming out with plans and offers when there was so much uncertainty in the first place, also wasn't the right thing to do?

Dunfermline haven't announced anything yet for their ST's and they've probably been clever in approaching it this way.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Left by mutual consent! TornadoHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

As far as I recall the ST "priority period" ends at 5pm on Saturday 5th May 2012 so it is conceivable that if someone bought their ST within 14 days of that date and time then they would theoretically be "entitled" to their Cup Final ticket with the "get out of jail card" of the 14 day "cooling off" period, assuming such a thing exists for non consumer credit agreement funded ST purchases. I don't think it does apply unless there is consumer credit involved as it is that that a "period of grace" of 14 days is usually applied to just in case a person enters into an onerous credit agreement that they wouldn't have done so had they had a reasonable period to consider its detailed terms over.

However, surely the Club would be aware of such a "loophole" if one does exist and would have taken steps to close such a loophole down given the motivation of a Cup Final ticket being significant enough to encourage someone to try such a ruse thereby conning the Club out of funds it should rightfully be entitled to.

In practical terms, those planning to do such a thing might be best to be highlighted to the Club so that they can take whatever action they deem necessary to prevent Cup Final tickets ending up in the wrong hands!
    Last edited by TornadoHibby; 30-04-2012 at 02:19 PM.

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    Maybe, rather than coming out with plans and offers when there was so much uncertainty in the first place, also wasn't the right thing to do?

Dunfermline haven't announced anything yet for their ST's and they've probably been clever in approaching it this way.
    I imagine that like me, those running the club have got a bit more spine than to be contemplating relegation. It's not going to happen.

Having the ST deals out at the moment also allows Hibs to capitalise on the cup final hysteria.

I refuse to acknowledge that Dunfermline FC (and especially John Yorkston) could be "clever" about anything. Have you ever been to a match at East End Park??

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    If anybody cancels their season ticket then I imagine they might find their name removed from the database
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Is there a cooling off period on the season tickets? I know there will have been for the payment plan, but the cut off date for payment plan apps passed some time back.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

reigning hibs.net poker champion Wembley67's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Happyhibs62
    Wish i had thought of that.
    "You opened the box....and your soul belongs to me...."

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Is there a cooling off period on the season tickets? I know there will have been for the payment plan, but the cut off date for payment plan apps passed some time back.
    There will only be a cooling off period if Petrie appeared on your door step to sell you one. Otherwise there isn't. It would have applied to the payment plan as it was a credit agreement.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Part/Time Supporter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    There will only be a cooling off period if Petrie appeared on your door step to sell you one. Otherwise there isn't. It would have applied to the payment plan as it was a credit agreement.
    The cooling off period is probably the reason why Hibs didn't offer a payment plan after the semi-final.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    I think internet and distance selling alao have a period when you can return goods.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    I think internet and distance selling alao have a period when you can return goods.
    Aye, seven days cooling off period for online purchases.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Shameful if Hibees have spotted such a loophole and are taking advantage, and I would hope there is a way the club could refuse the cup final tickets sale. Sickens me to think of Hibs fans carrying on in such an underhand way.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Completely agree. The club should remove them from the database altogether, these people are not interested in supporting the club, only in a good day out.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: HibsMax
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitlochry hibee View Post
    If anybody cancels their season ticket then I imagine they might find their name removed from the database
    +1

This is what I would hope happens. It doesn't take a lot of work to figure out who these people are. If a person cancels their season ticket and that person is also a new season ticket holder then they should have their name added to a database. I don't mean a blacklist per se but some list that can be referenced should Hibs want to do something like this again in the future.

Hibs will know who these people are but if the tickets have already been mailed out or picked up then I don't know what they can do. I doubt they can invalidate the ticket and issue new ones.

Had a feeling people would do this. Theft sums it up.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Ticket touts will stoop very low
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Ticket touts will stoop very low
    As might a few wayward, desperate yams....

@hibs.net private member Minder's Avatar
    It applies for agreements signed at home, place of work on on an excursion. The regulations are called The Cancellation of Contract Regulations. Known in insurance claims industry as "Chen Wei". Some hire companies were hit for millions of pounds when insurers started to exploit this loophole. I have personally skinned one well known company for over half a million by exploiting this loophole.

Quote Originally Posted by Minder View Post
    It applies for agreements signed at home, place of work on on an excursion. The regulations are called The Cancellation of Contract Regulations. Known in insurance claims industry as "Chen Wei". Some hire companies were hit for millions of pounds when insurers started to exploit this loophole. I have personally skinned one well known company for over half a million by exploiting this loophole.
    Gonnae buy me a ticket for the final. Please.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Someone, a yam, actually told me this is what I should do! I didn't feel right about so I'm sitting on my hands and hoping for a public sale of some sort. With a wedding to pay for this year I just don't have the disposable income for a season ticket, itd be a season ticket that I wouldn't use often enough anyway as I'm playing on Saturdays.

Out of respect for my fellow Hibs Supporters, and of course the club, I am taking my chances in a probable general sale.
    I knew about this loophole, (the distance selling regs anyway) it was suggested to me by another Hibs fan, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it,and I would hope Hibs have this covered.
    If I can't get tickets for me and my lad, then its the telly for us.
    Then hopefully a swift drive into town while you lot are gridlocked on the M8.............

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    This stinks of a yam tactic
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

Wish I had thought about that one, if I hadnt a ticket already I would have bought a season ticket then handed it back, I dont really care what Hibs fans think of me, I get to the final, Hibs get interest on my money for a couple of weeks, you dont think Im honestly going to splash out 400 quid tae watch that pi5h in the 1st division do you? Stealing fae the club?get over yirselves, and guarantee a ticket for the final. Not ma problem if yir sitting watching it at home...